Petrino Fired

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'd like to think Mullen was willing to cede control of the offense if it made us better. I doubt it happens. He's married to his own thinking.

Petrino's as close to SOS as anyone I've seen in terms of offensive mindset.

:bwahaha: Petrino sucks azz, always has! Comparing him to SOS is blasphemous.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Remember when a lot of the posters on this board were clamoring for Petrino as our HC! Ah, the good old days :bwahaha:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha: Petrino sucks azz, always has! Comparing him to SOS is blasphemous.
I did say mindset. You might want to go back and look at the tape. Very aggressive and yet balanced. I'm not the only person who's compared him to SOS.

In terms of results, third in total offense in 2017 and fifth in 2016. That's only recent. He's had top-ranked offenses for years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sofla was born a woman. It's a genetic possibility.

spurrierface2013.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never know when to take GIG seriously. He likes to get a rise out of us.

Didn't he gig me on MJ not being worth shyt earlier this year? I fell for it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah and we'd be in a hell of a lot better position as a program right this moment if we had.

Really? Is he known for being a great recruiter? I’ve never heard that. His classes at Louisville we’re average. If he’d been hired instead of JM, I have little doubt he’d have won 9 games a few seasons, recruited decent at best, and be facing termination by year 4. We’re likely in a nearly identical position, but without Mullen, who I think can do well. Once we let Foley hire and retain WM, we were headed for disaster.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I did say mindset. You might want to go back and look at the tape. Very aggressive and yet balanced. I'm not the only person who's compared him to SOS.

In terms of results, third in total offense in 2017 and fifth in 2016. That's only recent. He's had top-ranked offenses for years.

Against what level of competition? Putting up big numbers against a bunch of cream puffs doesn’t impress me. Do it against the SEC for over a decade like SOS did and you’ll get my attention. Bottom line is the guy never won squat and every big game he coached while at Arky, his rear end puckered up as his vaunted offense floundered.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I never know when to take GIG seriously. He likes to get a rise out of us.

Didn't he gig me on MJ not being worth shyt earlier this year? I fell for it.

:giggle: Now that you mention it 78, I think I did get you on that. But I am serious about Petrino. The guy is way overrated.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Against what level of competition? Putting up big numbers against a bunch of cream puffs doesn’t impress me. Do it against the SEC for over a decade like SOS did and you’ll get my attention. Bottom line is the guy never won squat and every big game he coached while at Arky, his rear end puckered up as his vaunted offense floundered.
That argument consistently fails. He's not coaching in a bubble. He's at Louisville. And please stop bringing up wins and losses. My original post had to do with his offensive mindset.

You've twisted the conversation. I had no intent on arguing his overall record.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That argument consistently fails. He's not coaching in a bubble. He's at Louisville. And please stop bringing up wins and losses. My original post had to do with his offensive mindset.

You've twisted the conversation. I had no intent on arguing his overall
record.

Fair enough. You did say mindset and yes, Petrino liked a vertical & deep passing attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator