Petrino Fired

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe, it’s been awhile now. Just remember hearing the rumor. Maybe he was contacted, with Foley’s track record for picking coaches, I wouldn’t be surprised.
With Foley’s track record, Petrino probably turned him down before taking Chump.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was his 4th year. The teams he beat were combined 62-75. He was non competitive in his two losses against LSU and Alabama. He was caught in one of the most amateur-hour, embarrassing stunts ever recorded in human history, revealing a host of character concerns, then showed up to the next game’s media day with a burned face, neck brace and Steven A Bagen shirt.

Other than that, I find nothing.
Context, my friend. He beat four ranked teams. The two losses were to the teams that played for the national championship.

You can't give Mullen a break for competing in a division with three powerhouse programs without giving some sort of nod to Petrino, too.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Context, my friend. He beat four ranked teams. The two losses were to the teams that played for the national championship.

You can't give Mullen a break for competing in a division with three powerhouse programs without giving some sort of nod to Petrino, too.

That's kind of my point. Too often I see some dismissing the buzz saw element of the West when it comes to assessing Mullen's perceived ceiling, based on his one challenging stop. How can we simultaneously be impressed with a guy who has a proven ceiling based on several stops?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's kind of my point. Too often I see some dismissing the buzz saw element of the West when it comes to assessing Mullen's perceived ceiling, based on his one challenging stop. How can we simultaneously be impressed with a guy who has a proven ceiling based on several stops?
We now have the benefit of knowing his return Louisville experience. Petrino's trajectory at Arkansas, however, was clearly on the up -- 5-7, 8-5, 10-3, 11-2. Makes you wonder what might have been had he not gotten sidetracked by his own shenanigans.

One thing he was never good at, fielding a top-flight defense. Gotta do both if you want to compete for championships.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's kind of my point. Too often I see some dismissing the buzz saw element of the West...
Pssst.....dont tell.anyone but we are mostly just irritating a couple of people who either love or hate Petrino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.