PGA: 2014

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of big dogs will be barking at the start of the last Major of the year. Everybody has their favorite player and dark horse to win the PGA. This is a course designed by Jack himself. My prayer to Allah involves the return of pretty boy, Jason Dufner, to lift the winner's trophy. On Sunday I want to hear low chants of "JayDuf JayDuf, JayDuf". Wouldn't it be cool to hear a rising crescendo of "JayDuf JayDuf JayDuf" as he approached the 18th green. Wouldn't it be sweet if AB had to walk into the GCMB and whisper "I was wrong, I was wrong, God help me I was wrong. Congratulations, Jason Dufner, 2014 Champion of the PGA."

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This just in..............

Woods has aggravated his old back trouble. He's probably dead for the PGA.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Woods is probably washed up for Golf. Too many years of adapting to various issues rather than treating them have finally caught up with his body. It would be best if some Gator won, otherwise I don't care. Golf is boring in the extreme.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n23047 said:
Woods is probably washed up for Golf. Too many years of adapting to various issues rather than treating them have finally caught up with his body. It would be best if some Gator won, otherwise I don't care. Golf is boring in the extreme.

It was boring with him - the media just wouldn't stop talking about him. It is golf however so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins one major in the next few years.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
VulcanAlex;n23047 said:

It was boring with him - the media just wouldn't stop talking about him. It is golf however so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins one major in the next few years.
Yes perhaps I was not clear Golf to me has always been boring to watch and frustrating to play unless you are very good and have a lot of time to practice.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger has trouble keeping his winces and limps in sync.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nearly every single time he's injured himself it's been on an awkward stance where he still swings 75-100% and falls off funny. You'd think he'd realize by now that playing next week has a higher priority than the single stroke that he's most likely not going save anyways by attempting the shot.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Without Woods, and without anyone with any real charisma waiting in the wings, the game is going to take a tumble. Unless they introduce full contact golf, there is just about no way to "spice" that sport up. And I'm a fan...it just looks inevitable...

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game was popular before Tiger. He just needs to go away.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n23292 said:
Without Woods, and without anyone with any real charisma waiting in the wings, the game is going to take a tumble. Unless they introduce full contact golf, there is just about no way to "spice" that sport up. And I'm a fan...it just looks inevitable...
Rory's sure doing his fair share.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps Rory can rise up...and that will help. When Tiger was in his prime, if he played poorly he was in the top 10. If he played well, he won by 2. When he played great, he won by 10. Tiger was immediately associated with the greats...Nicklaus and his records in particular. It got people's attention and they watched history being made. When Rory plays poorly he misses the cut. If he can fix that, perhaps the buzz will grow and he will start to be associated with the greats...including Nicklaus...and the records. If not, casual fans will not care.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Woods will not break Jack's record.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n23379 said:
Woods will not break Jack's record.

Perhaps you should be asking will Woods ever win any tournament again? The surgery obviously did not address the critical problem with his back. Did you see him struggling to even get into the passenger side of the car? Even with a successful operation the odds were against him ever regaining his old game not to mention this age and other nagging physical problems.

Meanwhile he game of golf goes on. Appears that McIlroy will be the favorite to win the PGA. If we wants to be the head honcho the Ulster Scot needs to win another Major this year.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK Plungerboy....piss on golf. This just in from MyFoxMemphis. [h=3]University Of TN Football Lacks
Tennessee's hopes of competing in the southeastern conference this season started and might just end at the line of scrimmage.
The Volunteers begin pre-season camp last night without any offensive or defensive linemen who started more than three games last season.
Tennessee is the only football bowl subdivision program replacing both its entire starting offensive and defensive lines from a year ago.
The defensive line is trying to boost the pass rush of a team that recorded the SEC's lowest sack total each of the last two years.[/h] Things just haven't been the same in the land of day-glo creamsicle since you fired Donutboy. Now leave your sister alone and go brush your tooth.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n23419 said:
OK Plungerboy....piss on golf. This just in from MyFoxMemphis. University Of TN Football Lacks
Tennessee's hopes of competing in the southeastern conference this season started and might just end at the line of scrimmage.
The Volunteers begin pre-season camp last night without any offensive or defensive linemen who started more than three games last season.
Tennessee is the only football bowl subdivision program replacing both its entire starting offensive and defensive lines from a year ago.
The defensive line is trying to boost the pass rush of a team that recorded the SEC's lowest sack total each of the last two years.

Things just haven't been the same in the land of day-glo creamsicle since you fired Donutboy. Now leave your sister alone and go brush your tooth.

LOL

Criticism coming from a man saddled with Will MucDHUMP as head coach and coming off a horrible catastrophic 4-8 losing season. You should be concentrating on the subject of Florida considering .500 as a banner year. :)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Krisnera zhazh tan vred. You should worry more about keeping up with Tenercee's flagship university and less about an occurance about as rare as the appearance of Haley's Comet.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In our worst season in a long long time, we still handled the volunqueers.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee is not even a rival anymore...they are a warm-up game for the rest of the season. But their golf team isn't bad.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n23292 said:

This is such an ignorant supposition. In fact, the exact inverse is the likely inevitable outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb