Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The preseason magazines had Callaway as one the best WRS in the country. Cleveland and Callaway would give defenses more to worry about.
Horsesh*t. Without an OL, QB or any semblance of coaching, no one gave a fck about our WRs.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The preseason magazines had Callaway as one the best WRS in the country. Cleveland and Callaway would give defenses more to worry about.

Pre season magazines are wrong more often then they are right. That's why I quit reading them years ago.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Pre season magazines are wrong more often then they are right. That's why I quit reading them years ago.
Agree. Steele has the best track record and by far goes the most in depth. Most of them are designed to sell the most magazines rather than be accurate.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Horsesh*t. Without an OL, QB or any semblance of coaching, no one gave a fck about our WRs.
They ended up with a much better record in 2015 and 2016 with the same coaches, OL and a questionable QB with Callaway. In 2017 minus Callaway etc they did poorly. Add Callaway to Cleveland aND Toney and you have something to worry about

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They ended up with a much better record in 2015 and 2016 with the same coaches, OL and a questionable QB with Callaway. In 2017 minus Callaway etc they did poorly. Add Callaway to Cleveland aND Toney and you have something to worry about
Yeah, everyone has been shaking in their boots over the offensive juggernaut we’ve been trotting out there the past decade. :bwahaha:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do they play defense? bc the offense sucked thensame as always. it was the defense that fell off, as anyone w any sense knew they would.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You keep mentioning the Callaway winning reception against UT, but just because he did it once against UT, doesn't mean that he'll do it again. I've already pointed out to you that he's a key reason why we lost to UT the next year, and he only had 3 TD's in 2016. Quit talking him up like he's Percy Harvin.

You really think a guy who only scored 3 TD's the year before is that much of a difference maker? I sure don't. The Browns drafting someone hardly means that person is a top player.

Harris was the only missing player last year that may have had an impact, but it wouldn't have been a large one in the grand scheme of things because the offense would still struggle to score points and the defense around him had too many flaws.
Butter's was the sh*tiest coach in UF history by a long shot, at least going back to when I started following in the early 80's. But to be fair, every NFL scout had Calloway ranked as 1st round or at worst early 2nd round talent, but no one would touch him because of his baggage.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Are you serious with this stuff? We won those games due to Muschamp's left over defenders. The offense was crap those years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Antonio Callaway had seven career TDs. That is a decent month's production.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
I want to grow up and be sofla some day, no doubt. He has an extra dose of cool cat with his exceptional sarcasm skill.

Interesting that you called me by a nickname I havent used for a while. I thought you were supposed to be really new around here, 2222. Error: posting from my phone and i thought i had quoted the Professor.

I can't even read Swamp Donkey, my mind replaces it. I think you should go back, the Swamp Donkey that was Butters is gone!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Butter's was the sh*tiest coach in UF history by a long shot, at least going back to when I started following in the early 80's. But to be fair, every NFL scout had Calloway ranked as 1st round or at worst early 2nd round talent, but no one would touch him because of his baggage.

It doesn't matter that he has first round talent. Even if the credit card scandal didn't happen, it's 99% probable that he would've gotten in trouble for something else. His baggage would still be there, and his play would suffer from it. Look at UT 2016, or all of 2016, as evidence. His baggage makes him an average at best player, which is why 31 NFL teams wanted nothing to do with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even read Swamp Donkey, my mind replaces it. I think you should go back, the Swamp Donkey that was Butters is gone!
You think it should be just The Lesbian?

Just The Jackass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.