Phil Steel projects UF nation's most improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
No, I know that byrd is winning. He makes modest, reasonable claims that you guys mis-quote and mis-attribute snd then spin what's left. He isn't defending butters. You guys deal with byrd the way MSM deals with trump.
Spot on. Trump still went on those MSM stations to put out accurate info. Their name calling doesn't bother me as the worst offenders I now have on ignore. I am just a Butters NON supporter who is objective.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I know that byrd is winning. He makes modest, reasonable claims that you guys mis-quote and mis-attribute snd then spin what's left. He isn't defending butters. You guys deal with byrd the way MSM deals with trump.
Good Lord. :facepalm:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
One way to judge how far the MSM has fallen is to note how similar their stories are to some out-of-work blogger working out of his basement. One way to judge how poorly some of best posters have posted in this particular thread, is to compare their posts to those of the inferior posters posting along side them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
One way to judge how far the MSM has fallen is to note how similar their stories are to some out-of-work blogger working out of his basement. One way to judge how poorly some of best posters have posted in this particular thread, is to compare their posts to those of the inferior posters posting along side them.
I read this three times and I don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read this three times and I don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about.
1aSc.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The irony spewing from your mouth is so thick you can cut it with a knife. MSM alright. This thread is fake news indeed followed by a futile spin of the facts in a lame effort to support a grossly false narrative.

No one's buying it but you because you feel sorry for the guy. I have no idea why. He's pulling the exact same tiring argumentative schtick he did at Swamp Gas according to posters who frequent both boards. If he's unpopular it's because he positioned himself that way.

You see him as a victim. The rest of us see him as a PITA.

You call it reasonable. We call it baiting.

There's an undeniable pattern of behavior that points to someone who loves to stir the pot and then sit back and enjoy the backlash. You've taken the bait hook, line and sinker.

Mac no more deserves the respect manufactured in this thread than Foley for arrogantly treating the football program as his own little play toy and driving it into the ground with a series of impossibly bad decisions. Each man did irreparable harm to a once high and mighty program.

If you want to know the truth, Ancient, it all stinks to high hell, the lousy coach, the lousy AD who hired him and the lousy poster who decided to make a name for himself amid the royal mess left behind.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The irony spewing from your mouth is so thick you can cut it with a knife. MSM alright. This thread is fake news indeed followed by a futile spin of the facts in a lame effort to support a grossly false narrative.

No one's buying it but you because you feel sorry for the guy. I have no idea why. He's pulling the exact same tiring argumentative schtick he did at Swamp Gas according to posters who frequent both boards. If he's unpopular it's because he positioned himself that way.

You see him as a victim. The rest of us see him as a PITA.

You call it reasonable. We call it baiting.

There's an undeniable pattern of behavior that points to someone who loves to stir the pot and then sit back and enjoy the backlash. You've taken the bait hook, line and sinker.

Mac no more deserves the respect manufactured in this thread than Foley for arrogantly treating the football program as his own little play toy and driving it into the ground with a series of impossibly bad decisions. Each man did irreparable harm to a once high and mighty program.

If you want to know the truth, Ancient, it all stinks to high hell, the lousy coach, the lousy AD who hired him and the lousy poster who decided to make a name for himself amid the royal mess left behind.
Don't know anything about byrd except that what I read here. What I read is Byrd says talent can make a difference and you guys say no it can't while arguing how important it is in the recruiting thread. Yeah, Foley is terrible and so is butters, but you hate them so much that you over react. Don't take the bait. When you do, he wins.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know anything about byrd except that what I read here. What I read is Byrd says talent can make a difference and you guys say no it can't while arguing how important it is in the recruiting thread. Yeah, Foley is terrible and so is butters, but you hate them so much that you over react. Don't take the bait. When you do, he wins.
Im going to try this

ONE

MORE

TIME.

Only once.

I know you are from Mississippi so I'm typing slowly.

You need incredible talent and a really good coach to win a championship, or an incredible coach and really good talent.

It takes both.

I'm not sure why your brain is binary. Why you have such trouble with basic skills like this. Maybe you do only machine language for a living and cant turn it off. Ones and zeros. Nothing else.

No amount of talent can overcome Butters. At Alabama he had the most Talent ever assembled and lost 9 to 6 to Grass-eater. He actually made Grass eater look dynamic on offense.

Bitters finished 115th with Scarlett and Callaway. He finished 115th without them.

It doesnt get any more complicated than that. Done. Case closed. Over. Done. They jury is unamimous. Goodnight.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No amount of talent can overcome Butters.
This is all that really needed to be said. Mac was an exceptionally bad coach, the worst we will ever see in our lifetimes. That’s why I don’t think he could match what Larry Coker did if you gave him 200 tries. He’d find a way to eff it up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one in his right mind is going to argue against the notion that talent can make a difference. The counterargument is that, irony of ironies, Mac was a poor judge of talent and he couldn't recruit worth a crap to begin with.

Nobody wants to hear what a poor whiddle victim Mac was when he made the awful mess he sat in.

And speaking of bait, you just fell for the big chum. Score one for Jas.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
This is all that really needed to be said. Mac was an exceptionally bad coach, the worst we will ever see in our lifetimes. That’s why I don’t think he could match what Larry Coker did if you gave him 200 tries. He’d find a way to eff it up.
Mac was a terrible recruiter and talent developer.

To be accurate , when Mac had top talent that Saban had recruited and developed Mac lead that offense to 2 national championships. Mac lead an offense that was good enough to beat a Tebow led UF team in the SEC championship game. Mac did not eff up the offense at Bama when he had a stud OL and a quick thinking QB.

Mac never had a stud OL at UF and the quickest thinking QBs (Grier/Del Rio) did not last long. Mac upset #3 Ole Miss when he briefly had quick thinking Grier. Mac never recruited a quick thinking QB to UF other than Del Rio who was rarely healthy and did not have a strong arm.

He has some success offensively and good offensive statistical ranking his last years at CSU when he had a quick thinking QB and some talent he lured over from Bama that were not starting at Bama.

The way I see it is Mac is not a good head coach because he does not recruit well or develop talent well. After he lost the NCAA's most players to injury and suspension in year 3 he simply lost it and fell apart starting with the Michigan game where he called a terrible game.

Last edited:

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Mac was a terrible recruiter and talent developer.

To be accurate , when Mac had top talent that Saban had recruited and developed Mac lead that offense to 2 national championships. Mac lead an offense that was good enough to beat a Tebow led UF team in the SEC championship game. Mac did not eff up the offense at Bama when he had a stud OL and a quick thinking QB.

Mac never had a stud OL at UF and the quickest thinking QBs (Grier/Del Rio) did not last long. Mac upset #3 Ole Miss when he briefly had quick thinking Grier. Mac never recruited a quick thinking QB to UF other than Del Rio who was rarely healthy and did not have a strong arm.

He has some success offensively and good offensive statistical ranking his last years at CSU when he had a quick thinking QB and some talent he lured over from Bama that were not starting at Bama.

The way I see it is Mac is not a good head coach because he does not recruit well or develop talent well. After he lost the NCAA's most players to injury and suspension in year 3 he simply lost it and fell apart starting with the Michigan game where he called a terrible game.

No trying to pile on here but can you name the time he didn’t call a terrible game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator