Pigskin flashback: FSU at Florida, 11/26/05

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Look it's nice to take a stroll down memory lane and pretend that we will be like one of those glory year teams.........However here are some cold hard reality checks...
1.This will be the LEAST talented defensive team I have seen in all my years of being a Gator fan(early 80's)
2. We just lost our 2 best ST players in Eddie and the punter.....Yay......we're not going to be better in ST's.....forget it.
3. Mullen is NOT urban 2.0......He doesn't even know how to take advantage of our 2 strongest position groups, Oline and RB's.
4. 18th ranked recruiting classes ARE NOT going to provide the type of impactful freshmen who can lift a downtrodden program to a 9 or 10 win season......
5. Get ready for a 6-6 Special and pray the pumpers are right when they keep saying we were waiting til next year to get all the good recruits.....:lmao2:

You don’t get invited to parties much, do you?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You don’t get invited to parties much, do you?
emoji52.png
I am The Party......
Again, you’re an utter fool if you are unhappy with Mullen’s transition class.

We’ll win at least 8 games next year and could certainly be more if we have even average QB play.
I'm not totally unhappy with the class and in some ways I see it being a little better than it's actual ranking when you factor in transfers and such. We went after some roster management areas which was good and we seem to be pretty strong in skill position players(WR's & RB's) from what was left over. I just can't seem to recall Mullen's offenses in the past making All Americans out of anything but QB's.

Does Mullen have what it takes to coach us to 8 or 9 wins, sure he has already proven that at MSU. However our defense has MAJOR question marks at it's core. Are there some decent players? Yes, but what about depth at LB and DL? I'm talking quality depth with game reps. Typically that's not something you count on freshmen for and while we certainly added what look to be some quality youth through this recruiting class again it takes real live reps to know what you got there.

Not that it's totally Mullen's fault I just don't see enough there to make me believe we won't struggle mightily at times this year.....Now mix in the fact of our QB situation and that is how I'm seeing a 6-6 season probably something like we saw in 2011.....There's potential there but IMO this pot is going to need to simmer for a season or 2 before we truly know what we got.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is definitely something we need badly, a BLOWOUT win vs FSU

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics