Pinero declares for NFL draft

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What memories? The fans chanting a kickers name because everything else was so putrid is probably the lowest point of the Mac era. I certainly cringed when I heard it.

Now that you say that, I realize how utterly ridiculous and embarrassing this really is.
Maybe it's best that he move on so we can start to forget

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Look I like him and wish him the best but, I doubt he is making any NFL scouts excited by this.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he realizes that Chip Kelly is on his way to Gainesville and knows he will no longer be needed...

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Not saying he may not leave but I do not see in that tweet him saying he’s leaving. He put that tweet out right after the game. He had made 5 and 2 were 50. I think he may have just been saying that to the praises he was getting, I’ve been working hard in order to support my family someday and what I did today showed it. ? Maybe

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why haven’t we offered Conner Davis or another kicker? It was well known Eddy might leave early. Is this another Mac screw up?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't remember ever seeing a kicker leave a year of eligibility on the table hope he's not making a huge mistake.
Maybe we'll finally let him try from 60+ this week.

A couple of FSU kickers did, one was a 1st rounder, other a 2nd rounder... but as a rule a kicker shouldn't leave eligibility on the table.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt he gets drafted...maybe...but unlikely. He's got a tremendous leg and has really improved his accuracy this year but there are still so many unknowns. Has he even kicked in any type of adverse weather? Granted staying in Florida probably won't ever answer those questions but there is a HUGE difference between kicking in Florida and kicking in all the various climates and weather patterns in the NFL. If he doesn't get drafted he is invited to camp and has to kick against seasoned vets and other undrafted rookies for a shot...you miss that shot and it gets harder and harder. There are a lot of kickers and 32 spots and most of those are already locked down...very tough to break into it.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I doubt he gets drafted...maybe...but unlikely.

As I said in an earlier post, 2-3 kickers are drafted every year. This season, it looks like only 2 are draftable. Carlson from Auburn is the top kicker entering the draft. Some have him going as early as the 3rd round. Stupid, but possible. There's always one moron GM in the draft. My jags took a punter in the 2nd round one season. Eddy is a close second and has the stronger leg. He will get drafted.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why haven’t we offered Conner Davis or another kicker? It was well known Eddy might leave early. Is this another Mac screw up?
Isn't Davis coming? He's a senior this year, no? I'd imagine that with his dad being a Gator and a Lou Groza winner that he'd be a shoe-in. He's probably better than Piniero or at least will be soon.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Isn't Davis coming? He's a senior this year, no? I'd imagine that with his dad being a Gator and a Lou Groza winner that he'd be a shoe-in. He's probably better than Piniero or at least will be soon.

According to 247, we haven't even offered. Rivals doesn't have him ranked as a kicker. With Eddy leaving, we certainly need one.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Pretty sure I saw a tweet from the old man about his kid being a Gator.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I really hope the next coach takes kicking seriously, throwing true freshman out there is silly, for punting it works out ok but for kicking it's a disaster, there are 85 spots available, use 2 for kickers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eddy Pineiro to enter the NFL Draft
Florida kicker Eddy Pineiro has decided to enter the NFL Draft.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...Eddy-Pineiro-to-enter-the-NFL-Draft-112487878

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida kicker Eddy Pineiro will forgo his final season of eligibility with the Gators to enter the NFL Draft.

Pineiro tweeted news of his decision on Tuesday evening.

"I will not be returning for my senior year and will be declaring early for the 2018 NFL Draft," he wrote. "Thank you Gator nation and the University of Florida for a great 2 years from me and my family!"

Florida has already secured Pineiro's replacement, recently landing a commitment from kicker Evan McPherson, the nation's No. 2 rated prospect at the position.

Pineiro had two excellent seasons for Florida, finishing the 2017 campaign with the best field goal percentage in the country. He made 16 consecutive kicks ending the year, just one off Bobby Raymond's school record mark of 17.

The redshirt junior had repeatedly expressed his desire to help his family out by turning professional, so his departure from Florida comes as little surprise.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well at least we got a great recruit to replace him. Thanks for two great seasons, Eddy, hope the kicking buzzsaw of the NFL doesn't chew you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator