BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We don't need no moderation
We don't need no post control
No rules enforcement from the admin
Mods you leave those trolls alone
HEY! MODS! LEAVE THOSE TROLLS ALONE!!!
All in all you're just another mod with no balls.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So was Dark Side of the Moon synced with Wizard of Oz? They've denied it.... but I think they are all liars.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
large.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm waiting for my daughter to be old enough to appreciate their music. At least every other week I have to pause and say 'not yet'.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm waiting for my daughter to be old enough to appreciate their music. At least every other week I have to pause and say 'not yet'.
How old is she? My first true Pink Floyd experience was when my brother bought Dark Side when I was like 12-13. I didn't quite "get it" then, but I was hooked regardless.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
She's 9 now, and while she is real smart with school stuff her emotions and ability to appreciate PF beyond 'the sound of the song' is still several years away. Now, she wouldn't "get it", and she might get some emotional damage trying to cope with some of the bleak messaging in the songs. She's sensitive like that.

Her six yr old brother, however, could probably almost handle it now. He's already had me put Ozzy's "Crazy Train" and ACDC "Thunderstruck" and Fluke's "Absurd" on his playlist. More for the sound than any meaning in the song, but he's at least listening and taking what he can from things.

I'm trying them here or there with songs to lead them to it, using "Learning to Fly" as a test for their listening skills, and I explain to them the meaning behind the lyrics, beyond enjoying the sound of the songs. It's a magic moment when you see a kid take the next step and be able to "get it" with music like that. I just need to be patient.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Learning to Fly is definitely a good place to start. Work backwards to the depressing stuff. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.