Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Travis Tritt is better

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was a huge Darkside of the Moon guy from about 16 years old until I was about 35. My wife kept trying to get me to sit down and listen to the entire The Wall CD. I listened to it on a couple trips down to South Florida. It's now my favorite album by them.

Just a phenomenal piece of work.

Darkside of the Moon is great. But The Wall is just phenomenal.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was a huge Darkside of the Moon guy from about 16 years old until I was about 35. My wife kept trying to get me to sit down and listen to the entire The Wall CD. I listened to it on a couple trips down to South Florida. It's now my favorite album by them.

Just a phenomenal piece of work.

Darkside of the Moon is great. But The Wall is just phenomenal.
The Wall is extremely hard to digest until you've listened to it multiple times. Extremely hard. Watching the film doesn't hurt, either. It's such a simple concept told in such a bizarre fashion, with the whole neo-Nazi transformation and The Trial at the end. So bizarre. Incredible piece of work when you consider it's a concept album AND a double album, but musically, Dark Side still does it for me. However, The Wall still has Comfortably Numb, which wins all the awards.

I think my one big gripe with The Wall is it features too much Roger Waters on vocals and not enough David Gilmour. Gilmour's singing voice to me is leaps and bounds better than Waters', but Waters is the FAR superior song writer and lyricist. It's a shame they had such a bitter break up, the world probably missed out on some great music.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Is that really the line? lol I thought it was suffocate

Sent from my AR-15 at 3000 feet per second.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a big fan of Wish You Were Here (1975) - a 5 song album. Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V), Welcome to the Machine, Have a Cigar, Wish You Were Here, and Shine (Part Two).
But I came across 'Obscured by Clouds' maybe 20 years ago and really fell in love with it. It's the soundtrack for a movie called 'The Valley' (1972). Sandwiched between Meddle (71) and Dark Side (73).

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Never listened to Obscured By Clouds, maybe I will soon.

Wish You Were Here is a phenomenal album.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Whilst perusing some Scottish/British music I came across one of my favorite songs being done by Mr. Gilmour... good stuff:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
David Gilmour's voice is so smooth it makes silk seem like sandpaper.

Meanwhile, here's the song Andrew Lloyd Webber ripped off for the theme to Phantom of the Opera.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb