GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Picked up Wish You Were Here on vinyl today.

06f2ea3c2937dbc49ac036b0726bb61b.jpg
Listened to that during a workout on Friday. Love working out to PF.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sas:
My kid picked up the recent Rolling Stone mag featuring Pink Floyd at the check out counter the other day and I was like 'yes, I want that!'. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I'm on vacation and listening to a different album every day while on the beach in Hanalei. Aloha!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sas:
My kid picked up the recent Rolling Stone mag featuring Pink Floyd at the check out counter the other day and I was like 'yes, I want that!'. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I'm on vacation and listening to a different album every day while on the beach in Hanalei. Aloha!
A friend of mine told me about the Rolling Stone Pink Floyd edition. I really need to get to a bookstore and pick it up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So apparently some fragile conservatives have been triggered by the anti-Trump message in Roger Waters' tour so far. :lol2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What was Waters railing about now?
The same stuff he's been railing about for *checks watch* about 50 years now. Anyone going to a Roger Waters or Pink Floyd-related show should know that there's going to be a strong political message. They've always been that way and always will be. Maybe the butthurt parties were feeling a little guilty about what they caused?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The same stuff he's been railing about for *checks watch* about 50 years now. Anyone going to a Roger Waters or Pink Floyd-related show should know that there's going to be a strong political message. They've always been that way and always will be. Maybe the butthurt parties were feeling a little guilty about what they caused?

Well yeah, you have a Brit with questionable sanity doing this:

"As Waters performed, images of Trump depicting him without pants, with an exposed penis, women’s breasts, lipstick, a KKK hood, his head leveled on a pig and the word “charade” written across his face were displayed."

How could that possibly upset anyone? Don't we get enough of this on CNN and MSNBC?

And I don't usually find myself taking political advice from celebrities - especially those from a country with a monarchy.

Why can't he just rail against the Nazi's and cruel teachers? I like that Roger Waters.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well yeah, you have a Brit with questionable sanity doing this:

"As Waters performed, images of Trump depicting him without pants, with an exposed penis, women’s breasts, lipstick, a KKK hood, his head leveled on a pig and the word “charade” written across his face were displayed."

How could that possibly upset anyone? Don't we get enough of this on CNN and MSNBC?

And I don't usually find myself taking political advice from celebrities - especially those from a country with a monarchy.

Why can't he just rail against the Nazi's and cruel teachers? I like that Roger Waters.
Yeah that's the same video he's been using for Pigs for the last year. Hell, I posted the video earlier in this thread.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Yeah that's the same video he's been using for Pigs for the last year. Hell, I posted the video earlier in this thread.

No kidding... I should have been paying attention.
I'm more of a Gilmour guy - is he also lamenting the US political situation or is he just kicking musical ass?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No kidding... I should have been paying attention.
I'm more of a Gilmour guy - is he also lamenting the US political situation or is he just kicking musical ass?
Waters is staunchly anti-Trump, but he's always been anti-government in general. I also prefer Gilmour in almost every measurable way except as a lyricist, which Waters is one of the best ever. Gilmour is just a flawless guitar player and has an incredible voice, as well. Hopefully he'll go on tour one more time before he hangs it up.

SQ and I are seeing Waters in Tampa in July (the day after Paul McCartney), and I'm keeping myself in the dark about the setlist, want it to be a surprise. I've heard good things so far, though.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Waters is staunchly anti-Trump, but he's always been anti-government in general. I also prefer Gilmour in almost every measurable way except as a lyricist, which Waters is one of the best ever. Gilmour is just a flawless guitar player and has an incredible voice, as well. Hopefully he'll go on tour one more time before he hangs it up.

SQ and I are seeing Waters in Tampa in July (the day after Paul McCartney), and I'm keeping myself in the dark about the setlist, want it to be a surprise. I've heard good things so far, though.

Two friends of mine saw McCartney recently and both were blown away... said he can still bring it.
And for about 2.5 to 3 hours too.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So if anyone wants a pretty sweet bootlegged concert to listen to, here's a soundboard quality recording from Wembley Stadium in the fall of '74. Super early versions of Sheep and Dogs, as well as an almost (but not quite) complete version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Second half of the show is Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety with an Echoes encore. Superb!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Roger Waters was awesome Tuesday night, as was the small parade of Trumpy snowflakes trudging out of the arena during Waters' relentless assault on the Cheeto in Chief. Epic. :lol2:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Mr. Waters hates him some Jews, too.

http://observer.com/2017/07/roger-waters-antisemitism-documentary/

“During my research,” Halperin continued, “I came upon Roger Waters, and I couldn’t believe he was singling out Israel when there are so many truly egregious violators of human rights in the world. Why is he going after Israel? So, I began asking people what this guy has against Israel. To me, an attack on Israel is an attack against the Jewish people.”

“While Waters speaks about ‘tear[ing] down wall,’ he is one of the leading musicians today erecting the very walls that hinder peace in the region and fuel hatred. This hatred not only affects the state of Israel, but Jewish communities worldwide, as well as all those who care about human rights and democratic principles.

BDS leaders often claim that the purpose of the BDS movement is to champion Palestinian rights. However, this is highly misleading. As illustrated by extensive research and documentation, the objective of BDS is the complete elimination of the state of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people. It seeks not to condemn specific Israeli government policies, but to unjustly target Israelis, Jews, and all those worldwide who stand in support of the Jewish state. The tactics of utilizing immoral double standards and strategies of demonization and delegitimization are all expressions of contemporary antisemitism.

EDIT: Not sure why this is crossed out. some kind of glitch. Anyone know how to undo it?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Mr. Waters hates him some Jews, too.

http://observer.com/2017/07/roger-waters-antisemitism-documentary/

“During my research,” Halperin continued, “I came upon Roger Waters, and I couldn’t believe he was singling out Israel when there are so many truly egregious violators of human rights in the world. Why is he going after Israel? So, I began asking people what this guy has against Israel. To me, an attack on Israel is an attack against the Jewish people.”

“While Waters speaks about ‘tear[ing] down wall,’ he is one of the leading musicians today erecting the very walls that hinder peace in the region and fuel hatred. This hatred not only affects the state of Israel, but Jewish communities worldwide, as well as all those who care about human rights and democratic principles.

BDS leaders often claim that the purpose of the BDS movement is to champion Palestinian rights. However, this is highly misleading. As illustrated by extensive research and documentation, the objective of BDS is the complete elimination of the state of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people. It seeks not to condemn specific Israeli government policies, but to unjustly target Israelis, Jews, and all those worldwide who stand in support of the Jewish state. The tactics of utilizing immoral double standards and strategies of demonization and delegitimization are all expressions of contemporary antisemitism.

EDIT: Not sure why this is crossed out. some kind of glitch. Anyone know how to undo it?
Simple!
It's the mark of the Beast.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Someone who is against the Israeli government's treatment of Palestine is not anti-Semitic. If someone is against the way our government has meddled in foreign affairs that weren't our business, that doesn't mean they hate Americans.

And the writer of that article REALLY needs to research the actual meaning of "tear down the wall" with regards to its context on that album. It has nothing to do with the Berlin Wall. The album is very anti-fascist when you break it down, but "tear down the wall" is about the main character in the album's story (Pink) finally accepting other people into his life and ending his isolationist ways.

A little education about context never hurt anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb