Planned obsolescence -- the iPhone 6 "touch disease"

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Get an iPad and you'll never go back....

I use a 7" Amazon Fire (2015 edition) which cost me $40. I've added a case for $20, and a screen protector for $5 or so. The main memory is a little light at 8 gb so I spent another $20 to add a 64gb microSD card which I leave installed. Since Amazon doesn't support all of the Google Play Store applications, I hacked the machine to allow that.

Why would I pay far more for an iPad?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I use a 7" Amazon Fire (2015 edition) which cost me $40. I've added a case for $20, and a screen protector for $5 or so. The main memory is a little light at 8 gb so I spent another $20 to add a 64gb microSD card which I leave installed. Since Amazon doesn't support all of the Google Play Store applications, I hacked the machine to allow that.

Why would I pay far more for an iPad?

Because Apple makes it easier to separate you from your money? No hacks required?

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Because Apple makes it easier to separate you from your money? No hacks required?

Well, that is certainly the case. If you have any extra money, Apple is always more than willing to take it off your hands and give you very little in return which, of course, is a great incentive to come back again and give them even more money later on.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The proof is in the numbers. Almost every Fortune 500 company is using iOS to some extent. Most recently a 451 Research survey found that among U.S. corporate buyers planning to purchase smartphones in the September quarter, 75% plan to purchase iPhones. Corporate buyers reported a 94% satisfaction rate for iPad in as of last June, Apple has claimed. This is not flash in the pan but a sustained trend – in 2014 97% of Fortune 500 companies were using iPhones in some capacity.

FRESH OFF THE PRESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator