Playcalling

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
Absolutely abysmal. I have so many issues with this staff right now.

1. Muschamp refuses to throw the ball over the middle of the field.

2. We offensively ran the same damn play over and over and over and over.

3. Tired of playing not to lose.

4. Spurrier's playcalling, while only netting 23 points, was creative, imaginative, almost artistic, even. Ours, stupid playcall after stupid playcall. I am beside myself right now. please, Muschamp, just leave.

5. Special teams suck. Guy who blocked punt came unblocked. Came in clean.

6. When you play close to the vest like this, you cannot have stupid penalties. Not one, but TWO sideline infractions. People can say officiating was bad. Want to overcome bad officiating?? Score points!!

7. I just have to ask again. Please, Muschamp, please resign.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I fully believe that if Muschamp wasn't on the sideline, then the playcalling would be far less conservative and predictable. This game is exactly why you shouldn't try to play for a mere 10 point lead.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
gatyr;n105547 said:
Absolutely abysmal. I have so many issues with this staff right now.

1. Muschamp refuses to throw the ball over the middle of the field.

2. We offensively ran the same damn play over and over and over and over.

3. Tired of playing not to lose.

4. Spurrier's playcalling, while only netting 23 points, was creative, imaginative, almost artistic, even. Ours, stupid playcall after stupid playcall. I am beside myself right now. please, Muschamp, just leave.

5. Special teams suck. Guy who blocked punt came unblocked. Came in clean.

6. When you play close to the vest like this, you cannot have stupid penalties. Not one, but TWO sideline infractions. People can say officiating was bad. Want to overcome bad officiating?? Score points!!

7. I just have to ask again. Please, Muschamp, please resign.

Muschamp has shown time and again that he cannot adapt. He is who he is and even with his job on the line, he refuses to alter his strategy because, by God, he believes he is right. The USCe QB trotted into the end zone untouched to win the game because SOS dialed up a play that Muschamp never suspected would be called. He will leave this program head bloodied but unbowed because he will have learned nothing about himself as a head coach. SOS may actually feel sorry for one of his coaching brethren, but I have zero pity for someone handed the reins to a stellar football program, who was handsomely paid for his expertise, but who was clearly in over his head and instead ran the program into the ground because he refused to CHANGE. Pity that? Never.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Although it made me very happy at the time, in retrospect that win over UGA was his downfall. It reinforced to him that his way WOULD work and he could win w/o a passing game. He stubbornly tried to stick with his philosophy of running to eat up clock and keep the other offense off the field, never taking into account that he also needs to score enough points to have a comfortable margin to win....players are going to make mistakes and when you cling to a 7 pt lead that leaves no room for error.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
DeltaGlamma;n105797 said:
Although it made me very happy at the time, in retrospect that win over UGA was his downfall. It reinforced to him that his way WOULD work and he could win w/o a passing game. He stubbornly tried to stick with his philosophy of running to eat up clock and keep the other offense off the field, never taking into account that he also needs to score enough points to have a comfortable margin to win....players are going to make mistakes and when you cling to a 7 pt lead that leaves no room for error.
That's right and it gave a desperate fan base, baseless hope. The truth is, Georgia just didn't show up for whatever reason and allowed that fool Foley to "put off the evil day".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.