Players support Doug Nussmeier but numbers don't

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not aware of any OC managing to finish 100 or worse 4 years in a row.

Nusschamp has it wrapped up if he somehow isn't fired. At this point, I'd just as soon watch him walk out the door with Donkey on November 1 next year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
127 out of 128 in the red zone. That alone should be more than enough to move on from this laughingstock of an offense. There's only one SOB worse than him in the entire country. :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, most of the teams in the bottom of the NCAA don't have ANY talent, lotsa MAC teams and the like, and one has the original Chimp. It's rare air.

Few can be that consistently terrible, at three major programs, and still remain employed.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The players also supported Zook's and Muschamp's staff. Some is execution, but not all of it. Bad play call + bad execution = offense ranked in the 100s
Bad execution=Bad teaching/poor discipline. It all falls on this piss poor offensive coaching staff and that starts with Mac/Nuss!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, most of the teams in the bottom of the NCAA don't have ANY talent, lotsa MAC teams and the like, and one has the original Chimp. It's rare air.

Few can be that consistently terrible, at three major programs, and still remain employed.
He's gotta have pictures of some folks in compromising situations.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So just who do you propose to replace him and how will be obtain their services? No whining without a detailed solution, at least that is my position as a Chief.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When you were hired specifically to fix a broken offense and you manage to make it worse, you should be unemployed. Mac should be told to either fire Nuss and get it fixed next year or he's gone with him. End of story.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So just who do you propose to replace him and how will be obtain their services? No whining without a detailed solution, at least that is my position as a Chief.
Well, there's at least 126 better options to choose from. I'm sure the HS ranks have dozens of better options, as well.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well, there's at least 126 better options to choose from. I'm sure the HS ranks have dozens of better options, as well.

OK I might agree but that is not specific enough. And of course those statistically better performers did not do it with our players or against our competitors either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget former OCs (Locksley), most of Bammer's offensive quality control people (the new ones, not the ones from the Stone Age offense years), college and NFL position coaches etc. The list is likely thousands long.

Hell Charley Cheeseburger and Daz scored 50% more points and yards.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And of course those statistically better performers did not do it with our player.
Almost none of those guys in the bottom of the group had any talent whatsoever, much less a significant number of bluechippers like we have.

Les Miles is about the only guy who does Les with more.

Last edited:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Let's also address recruiting as well. UGA hires a guy who was recruiting in SEC territory the previous year, Miami does as well (they're broke in terms of dollars). The flagship university in the state gets a head coach who was recruiting MWC caliber players. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight. To make things worse Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson are outrecruiting this cosching staff in the state of FLORIDA. How does this happen? It's annoying that OSU gets a 5 star WR and a 5 star corner out of the state and Alabama well when don't they take the best talent from FLORIDA. This has to stop because if not this team is going to get massacred when we face teams who are in the top 5 in the recruiting rankings...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Let's also address recruiting as well. UGA hires a guy who was recruiting in SEC territory the previous year, Miami does as well (they're broke in terms of dollars). The flagship university in the state gets a head coach who was recruiting MWC caliber players. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight. To make things worse Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson are outrecruiting this cosching staff in the state of FLORIDA. How does this happen? It's annoying that OSU gets a 5 star WR and a 5 star corner out of the state and Alabama well when don't they take the best talent from FLORIDA.

"This has to stop because if not this team is going to get massacred when we face teams who are in the top 5 in the recruiting rankings..."

Going to? You mean "continue," right?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When you were hired specifically to fix a broken offense and you manage to make it worse, you should be unemployed. Mac should be told to either fire Nuss and get it fixed next year or he's gone with him. End of story.

Mac is a dead dog mistake and should be fired yesterday. To hell with waiting another year. He can't recruit and can't run an offense or special teams.....a damn blind man can see this.....JFC.....the program is a national laughingstock.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is a dead dog mistake and should be fired yesterday. To hell with waiting another year. He can't recruit and can't run an offense or special teams.....a damn blind man can see this.....JFC.....the program is a national laughingstock.
I can't disagree, but he's obviously back for at least one more year. We can either hope he figures it out or simply wait for his ouster.

I have little hope at this point, so...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
127 out of 128 in the red zone. That alone should be more than enough to move on from this laughingstock of an offense. There's only one SOB worse than him in the entire country. :facepalm:
allposters.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.