Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;96154 said:
Well if we win out he is coming back, if we only lose to FSU in a close game he also is coming back.
Wrong on both counts. We are nearing the end of this era.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96163 said:

Well I don't expect the wins, and time will tell. I don't have your inside sources.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
If Treon played great in this game, than I'd be a bit more scared about Muschamp coming back. A conservative gameplan of 60 rushes and 6 passes may have worked this week (and I'm happy it worked), but it definitely won't work in the future.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
5 teams have essentially stopped our run of this type … and two were Kentucky & Tennessee.
… but maybe with a "born-again" OL and RBs who have developed the instincts to use it ??

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n96032 said:
Like all of us, I am happy and surprised with our semi-dominant performance. However, my fear is that Foley will use this game to justify giving Muschamp another chance. My view is that Muschamp has used up all of his chances. It was nice watching us run for so many yards, but this gameplan is absolutely unsustainable in the future, and hopefully Foley knows that we won't win most games with Muschamp's playcalling . . .

So, if we win out, including FSU, you think Muschamp should be fired? If so, I disagree. This could be the turn this team has been trying to make. There is no guarantee that we would do any better if we hired a new coach.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n96194 said:
I am happy for the win. I enjoyed watching the game. I agree we will eventually have to pass. But you never know. What if nobody can stop our run.

Muschamp would be in paradise.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;96163 said:
VulcanAlex;96154 said:
Well if we win out he is coming back, if we only lose to FSU in a close game he also is coming back.
You know I'm ok with either direction. He fessed up and played the best players. We crushed uga and I'm gunna celebrate

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's always good to beat a rival . This doesn't change much in my eyes but damn it was nice clearing the uga fans out of the stadium early. Don't let the coaching situation take the fun away from this beat down

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is not a big turn around as bad as I would love
to believe. It could extend our suffering. Foley is like
a gambler that goes all in on every hand. Him running
down the sideline hugging everyone he could grab
speaks volumes. He knew all gator fans were watching
his little act.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
t-gator;n96307 said:
It's always good to beat a rival . This doesn't change much in my eyes but damn it was nice clearing the uga fans out of the stadium early. Don't let the coaching situation take the fun away from this beat down

Thank you, I am going to focus on enjoying us as underdogs having a kickass victory over our rival, and leave the coach stuff for later.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am loving the win...I have lived in Georgia and been in the middle of this rivalry many, many times.

However, what changed today was the attitude of the players on the field. The fake field goal gave the team momentum and today, they refused to give it up...something we have not seen in a long, long time.

Defense played exceptionally well...after they had something to play for...themselves and their teammates.

Offensive scheme was offensive, again. But the players persevered and found success. This was not coaching...this was about the players turning lemons into lemonade.

This great win should embolden our players to do the same thing in each of our remaining games...never give up and give your best effort regardless of the scheme you are being asked to play.

This head coach cannot erase the hideous performances, losses, and negative records that he has bestowed upon this program...he can only hope to save some face on his way out the door.

This team is playing the rest of the season for themselves, their personal dignity, and the dignity of their teammates. This should serve to make them a tighter group of individuals who will give the new head coach something very positive to work with.

Go Gators!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n96315 said:
This is not a big turn around as bad as I would love
to believe. It could extend our suffering. Foley is like
a gambler that goes all in on every hand. Him running
down the sideline hugging everyone he could grab
speaks volumes. He knew all gator fans were watching
his little act.

gjji.gif

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Swamp Queen;n96340 said:
Some people just can't be happy I guess.
When McNeely scored, that was the happiest I've been all-season. For a former walk-on to score a touchdown like that in a big game, he will be able to tell his friends and family about this memory until the end of time. It's inspirational to know that most college football players like him work super hard on and off the field (yet they rarely get recognized). Here's to recognizing the work of him and all the other football "scrubs"!

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This was like giving an aspirin to a fatally ill person.
It will show the future coach there is a lot of talent
to be developed.

I didn't see Foley hug WM so I agree with OX. The
decision has been made and he is gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw Fooley whispering in Chimp's ear

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
jmskjrgator;n96371 said:
This was like giving an aspirin to a fatally ill person.
It will show the future coach there is a lot of talent
to be developed.You

I didn't see Foley hug WM so I agree with OX. The
decision has been made and he is gone.
News flash, We beat UGA's ass today. There have BEEN times in gator history when this was HUGE. It was huge today. You obviously need and miss the "WE hate Will Muschamp and he sucks" circle jerk and hope I you find it soon. Look elsewhere tonite. We are FCKEN celebrating today. Our kids and fans deserve it.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The beauty of being a pumper is you get to thoroughly enjoy a win with no reservations. It's good to be me.
:chomp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.