POLL: GCMB members announcing live games?

Do it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It could be a weekly thing where we open up jboss' mic for about 2 minutes at the first commercial break in the 4th quarter.

Which would pretty much coincide with 'We Are the Boys...', at which point he could lead us in song.

We are the boys from old Florida
Where you are OWNED and DESTROYED!!!
Where COMPLAINERS and HATORS are (insert sexual 'rape-y' term here) by the GATORS!!!
And BABIK is no longer EMPLOYED!!!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We would need 2 channels each week, a guest Pumper and guest Dumper to run color commentary along with the normal host. The shiats and giggles we can get from comparing how they called each play during the following week, along with their comments on the staff as the season goes on. Or have a Pumper host have a guest Dumper & vice versa and "Let's get ready to rrrrrrrrrumble"

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Which would pretty much coincide with 'We Are the Boys...', at which point he could lead us in song.

We are the boys from old Florida
Where you are OWNED and DESTROYED!!!
Where COMPLAINERS and HATORS are (insert sexual 'rape-y' term here) by the GATORS!!!
And BABIK is no longer EMPLOYED!!!

:clap:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
YouTube live would seem to work, right? ...or is there a delay built in? If so, you could use Facebook or another platform. My vote would be YouTube if it's straight forward.

[GIPHY="do it"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/PxdvxnGAB6Pzq/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would need something like 5 members on air at the same time. Preferably 2 of them hate each other.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This would be so much like the chatbox on game day.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We would need 2 channels each week, a guest Pumper and guest Dumper to run color commentary along with the normal host. The shiats and giggles we can get from comparing how they called each play during the following week, along with their comments on the staff as the season goes on. Or have a Pumper host have a guest Dumper & vice versa and "Let's get ready to rrrrrrrrrumble"

But the Pumper can only dump and the Dumper can only pump.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's an awesome idea. And some of the suggestions in this thread definitely need to happen like lots of booze, a couple guys who hate each other and an occasional JBoss proclamation.

brilliant-idea-300x230.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Decent concept if you don't have a mess with delays. I haven't seen who the SECN is replacing Musburger with, but if it is Beth Mowins, I move the concept be used every Saturday night whether the Gators are playing in the game or not.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If the offense performs as some expect, I think I know how this will turn out. "Gators on the forty and they $$@@^^^&&&. Why the @#$%$^&*%$$$ did he ^%$%%^^$. For &%^$^^$$$ sake get some %$$^&_%$ who has a $&*&%%$& clue to call the %$&)_*(&&^%$&** plays. If one more 7^&**&%$$$$ ball is thrown by that %$#$&^%$. I'm %$*%%^%^^% done. Let me know how this ^$^&&%%% disaster turns out" etc. etc. etc.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the offense performs as some expect, I think I know how this will turn out. "Gators on the forty and they $$@@^^^&&&. Why the @#$%$^&*%$$$ did he ^%$%%^^$. For &%^$^^$$$ sake get some %$$^&_%$ who has a $&*&%%$& clue to call the %$&)_*(&&^%$&** plays. If one more 7^&**&%$$$$ ball is thrown by that %$#$&^%$. I'm %$*%%^%^^% done. Let me know how this ^$^&&%%% disaster turns out" etc. etc. etc.
Gold.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Are there any legal roadblocks to broadcasting a game live?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are there any legal roadblocks to broadcasting a game live?
That's the thing, you aren't broadcasting the game. The game is on TV. The only thing getting broadcast are people's comments about the game. I don't suppose people's verbal comments about the game would be viewed any differently than their typed comments.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's the thing, you aren't broadcasting the game. The game is on TV. The only thing getting broadcast are people's comments about the game. I don't suppose people's verbal comments about the game would be viewed any differently than their typed comments.
Gotcha. Just the commentary. It would be tough to align and most certainly be on a delay so that everyone could utilize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator