Poll: How deep is your Butters love?

Pumpers-- how many losses will make you fall off the Donkey?

• Total voters

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I agree the poll should be reversed. Those of you who have been against Coach Mac from the start, what will it take for you to appreciate him? 2 10-win seasons & SECe championships while digging out of the successive crashes of UM3's crash & Muschamp's burn, losing the one decent QB on the roster, building depth across the offense etc. isn't enough to give you hope for continued progress. What will?

Nothing, I suspect, if you're more interested in justifying & trumpeting your snarky judgment over and over on every thread than the success of the team. I don't want an Earl Bruce or Jim Donnan either, but it's too early to judge that IMHO.

For me, winning the SECe is a good year. Winning the bowl game is a plus. Winning the SEC is a great (hat) year and should mean a playoff spot. Everything after that is gravy, and those NCs are precious.

For 2017, I'm hoping that improved depth on the OL, improved talent and depth at WR and RB will translate (finally) into a decent offense. A young QB should be in pretty good shape with all that. The kicking game should be excellent, but the coverage and return games need to improve. On defense, I agree with the assessment that the starters should be solid but the grind and injuries will take a toll on them.

The formula is the same: hold serve at home, beat the east, split the SECw games & beat UGA. Secondary to all that, beat F$U. Tertiary to all that, cause Harbaugh to have an aneurysm.

By the way, the differences between F$U & the Gators' record the last 2 years are skipping the predestined W vs. Presbyterian (that's funny if you get it) and 2 losses in the SECCG. Given the two lopsided losses against them, the Gators clearly have a gap to close. But I suspect F$U has its message board warriors doubting Jimbo (can he win big without Winston?)

I don't follow other teams closely enough to know how our spring issues compare. I just know Ut is undefeated again, UGA has a hot QB and lousy OL again, LSU has Ed O & Vandy will be scrappy.

And I try to enjoy the ride. Some of you can't. But you're often funny & bring up good points on lots of topics so it's all good.

Wins? 9-10 is my tipping point, but to me it's about winning the East first and seeing progress.

BTW - I remember a radio caller/poster named Mike - a teacher in Gainesville - who went into utter meltdown after the Ole Miss game in 2008. Meyer's offense can't work in the SEC, blah blah blah. He later dined graciously on his crow. I hope you neGators get the same opportunity and hope that down deep you want that too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Four has me hopping off the fence but it'll probably take six to get Stricklin to jump. Mac's got SEC East and Outback "titles" on his resume.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
From what I see, Butters is a middle of the road coach. It won't change until he starts posting
some wins against Alabama and FSU, something I don't see occurring any time soon.
This season will hinge upon the outcome of the games against the Vols and Georgia. Either
game is a toss up at this time. We desperately need to find a competent quarterback.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From what I see, Butters is a middle of the road coach. It won't change until he starts posting
some wins against Alabama and FSU, something I don't see occurring any time soon.

That's not a middle of the road av.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's not a middle of the road av.

Looks like someone brought the stripper HOME. Always a bad move, BTW.

Even the hotel room is a bad idea. At least lock up all your important stuff. Of course when you are drunk, who remembers these things? And who the hell is sober when they bring a stripper to their hotel room?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
posting some wins against Alabama and FSU, something I don't see occurring any time soon.
We have people that actually celebrated that he finally scored a td versus Bammer.

I'm not sure he ever scores vs. the Clowns.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: we have a lot of dramatic posters who are really reaching here. Nobody in their right mind would be satisfied with a 7-6 record, nor was anybody satisfied because we "scored a TD vs Bama."

If we are going to have this discussion, let's at least be honest. Twisting what people have said or exaggerating the general attitude of "pumpers" is childish.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There were absolutely people saying they saw "improvement" last year "inspite of the stats" and using Bammer as evidence.

Who said that? PE? He's an outlier, not the norm. He's just happy we didn't go 0-10-1 :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2222 but he gets PLENTY of likes for those comments.

I just saw your sig. "Ox put the chat box at the bottom so URG could reach it." - MJMGator
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An end to the Kentucky streak just might do it, but as far as a specific # of losses it's hard to say. For me it's the embarrassing losses like getting blown out at homecoming versus Vandy, or losing to a team that doesn't complete a single pass that make it obvious a coach is in above their head. Even in the Spurrier years we seemed to always drop one against a west opponent. Sometimes it was LSU, Miss State or Auburn, but we always seemed to stub our toe against a western foe. Last season it just happened to be in Arkansas. Taking care of our division is of utmost importance, and if we continue to do that we'll eventually find our way into the playoffs.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why are we saying "regular season" as if the other losses don't count? Still have Mushchump on our program?

There have been plenty of people celebrating Butters last two 4 loss seasons.
Beats the pants off what was happening before Mac arrived, so I'm in a better place about it. Celebrating? Not so much.
Are we where we want to be? No. If I bitch about it more, will it get better? No.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like someone brought the stripper HOME. Always a bad move, BTW.

Even the hotel room is a bad idea. At least lock up all your important stuff. Of course when you are drunk, who remembers these things? And who the hell is sober when they bring a stripper to their hotel room?
That's his daughter ,you dick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see what happens if we go 2-2 in Sep then winless in October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator