POLL: How many passing yards versus LSU?

Notice I've set the bar pretty high :)

• Under 100 yards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-150 yards

• 151-200 yards

• 200+ yards

• Total voters

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How about, as always, who gives a sh*t about how many yards we pass for, win the damn game!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n74805 said:
Wait...I thought we were supposed to hate Driskel because he's a horrible QB and can't pass, now we hate Roper and blame him for the passing yards?!? Good lord, I can't keep up with this place! :gah:
I made a valid point. Wasn't "hating" or flying off the handle. We go from the Spurrier and Meyer eras to 1 person in 17 thinking we can pass for more than 200 yards in a game. So what's the excuse now? Injuries? Driskel is their guy. He's not hurt. So why are we back to 120 passing yards a game? What exactly was Roper supposed to do for this team?

Now, before one of the "happy" people overreacts and blasts me, why not just try and answer these questions? This thread is about the passing game, so let's keep it on topic.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n74862 said:
How about, as always, who gives a sh*t about how many yards we pass for, win the damn game!

Do I really have to say it?

This. Squared.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am perfectly happy passing for zero yards every game if we are winning them.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n74869 said:
I made a valid point. Wasn't "hating" or flying off the handle. We go from the Spurrier and Meyer eras to 1 person in 17 thinking we can pass for more than 200 yards in a game. So what's the excuse now? Injuries? Driskel is their guy. He's not hurt. So why are we back to 120 passing yards a game? What exactly was Roper supposed to do for this team?

Now, before one of the "happy" people overreacts and blasts me, why not just try and answer these questions? This thread is about the passing game, so let's keep it on topic.
I thought you guys would be happy that we mostly agree that Driskel is a terrible QB. Is that not good enough now?
Really, should we just put Roper in at QB?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n74738 said:
Originally posted by Captain Sasquatch View Post
One million.

dr_evil_one_million_dollars-21813241204_xlarge.jpeg

" Don't you think we should hope for more than a million yards? A million passing yards isn't exactly a lot of yards these days. The Washing State QB alone throws for over 9 billion yards a game!"

fhd997IMM_Robert_Wagner_004@010501.jpg

Friggin hilarious. Well done.

Never, and I mean never, pass up a chance to drop in an Austin Powers reference and even better, one that uses Dr. Evil.

Gotta love Number 2..... Loved Number 2 a couple of hours ago with my morning coffee............

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
URGatorBait;n74806 said:
Seems like more of a reflection of Driskel, not Roper.

Also a reflection of game plan. LSU defense is better against the pass than the run. And we obviously are a better running team than throwing.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n74869 said:

Most people think we can't pass for more than 200 yards because Driskel is our quarterback and we have seen he has lost any ounce of confidence he may have possessed in his life. Not sure how that's Roper's fault. Roper's offense I'm sure is better than that, but Driskel is our QB so......

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Swamp Queen;n74900 said:
Most people think we can't pass for more than 200 yards because Driskel is our quarterback and we have seen he has lost any ounce of confidence he may have possessed in his life. Not sure how that's Roper's fault. Roper's offense I'm sure is better than that, but Driskel is our QB so......
Who do you blame?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n74862 said:
I believe most Gator fans no longer tolerate an anemic passing offense even if we win games. Look at 2012 - not many people look favorably upon that year (myself included), instead attributing the 11-2 record to defense and special teams.
Gator fans want a fun product to watch. We don't need 700+ passing yards like that Pac-12 QB, but asking for 30+ points/game and around 400-500 yds of offense is not unreasonable. There are games from time to time where a team plays poorly and still wins, but that has happened so much during the Muschump era, that people are sick and tired.
As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather watch one 44-38 defeat with exciting plays than another 10-9 boring victory.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n74927 said:
I believe most Gator fans no longer tolerate an anemic passing offense even if we win games. Look at 2012 - not many people look favorably upon that year (myself included), instead attributing the 11-2 record to defense and special teams.
Gator fans want a fun product to watch. We don't need 700+ passing yards like that Pac-12 QB, but asking for 30+ points/game and around 400-500 yds of offense is not unreasonable. There are games from time to time where a team plays poorly and still wins, but that has happened so much during the Muschump era, that people are sick and tired.
As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather watch one 44-38 defeat with exciting plays than another 10-9 boring victory.

A 44-38 win counts the exact same as a 10-9 win. The only thing that matters is winning, everything else is window dressing.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n74932 said:
A 44-38 win counts the exact same as a 10-9 win. The only thing that matters is winning, everything else is window dressing.
I portrayed an excellent vision of you earlier. You would have been proud.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
QueenCityGator;n74927 said:

HurrjOo.gif

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Of course it all depends on the opponent. Very few people were giving us a chance against Bama, so a 10-9 victory versus them would've been fine. When we play another superior opponent this season (like FSU), then a 44-38 loss would be much more "forgivable."
In conclusion - 10-9 win versus Bama is ok. 10-9 win versus FAU is not ok. 44-38 loss versus FSU is 'ok.' 44-38 loss versus Vandy is not ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.