POLL: How many wins in 2018?

Wins in 2018?

• 6 or fewer

• 10+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Me and my "Mullen minions"? I didn't want Mullen. Was physically sick when he got hired.

Saying that, he's done damn near everything right so far. While the overall class was ranked in the teens due to number of recruits, in terms of star value it was ranked 7th in the country. I'm sure Mullen could have padded the class and got us in the top 10 by adding a bunch of 3-star stiffs, but he really seemed like he wanted quality. And I certainly didn't do "backflips" over it - but it was a really solid transition class.

I don't have any idea how we'll play under Mullen and how much we'll win. If Mullen falls flat on his face, then I'll turn on him the same way I did Chimp and Butters.

I think we're going to have a better-than-expected year and will have a Top 5 class next season.

Ditto. I didn’t want DM either. I wanted to back up a Brinks truck right to Frosts front door. But DM has won me over. I think he’s doing everything right.

I’m even more optimistic now. I really think our running game is going to be dynamic and dominant. I really do. Scarlett, Pierce, Davis, Lemons, Clement, Toney, Perrine...that is a loaded backfield. If we get the transfer receivers eligible I like them with Cleveland, Massey, et al.

This is going to be a fun, exciting season. I still say 10 wins. We’re getting bigger, stronger, faster and meaner.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Truthfully, I didn't want him either, and I wasn't pleased with the hire at all - to say the least. But facts are facts, and the fact is DM has done really well so far. What actual fault can be found with the way he's handled recruiting to date, or the massive upgrade in S&C, or the rededication to maximum effort that had totally dissipated in the previous 8 or 9 years? We've got multiple 5-star recruits actually taking a real look at us now. We're seeing an embrace of our heritage and the great players who helped build it, unlike anything since the Spurrier years. Fan buzz is higher than it's been in a long time - due primarily to the energy DM has exuded, and demanded from others, since getting off the plane from Starkeville, doing the Gator Chomp. Yes, he may fail to achieve the goals we all embrace. If he does, he'll face the consequences of failure, just like others before him. But to continue to piss and moan about something that was never going to happen (Frost), or something that came with more strings than the administration could bear (Kelly), is totally pointless.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
But to continue to piss and moan about something that was never going to happen (Frost), or something that came with more strings than the administration could bear (Kelly), is totally pointless.

Agreed. Mullen has energized the program. I really doubt Kelly would have this type of energy and I dont think he would embrace the Gator way and tradition like Mullen is. Frost and Kelly were NEVER coming here anyhow.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Agreed. Mullen has energized the program. I really doubt Kelly would have this type of energy and I dont think he would embrace the Gator way and tradition like Mullen is. Frost and Kelly were NEVER coming here anyhow.

This!! Brinks truck or not, this. Frost and Kelly were NEVER coming here...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who was on the offensive? I said even Mullen will probably win 8 games next.......If you're sold on Mullen tell me how you will feel if we go 6-6 and get another "STELLAR" 18th ranked class.....BTW didn't you mention something about my low expectations when I mentioned something about being ranked in the top 10......I'll check back toward the end of next season to tell you if I smell another turd like I smelled Butters when the rest of you were praising him for our first "SEC East Title" in 6 years.....

Who’s the “rest”? This board was divided on Mac since the beginning.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't recall to many people rallying behind me after the Vandy game in 2015 when I said he was lost without Grier.....If you go back to even after the bowl game where Harbaugh put up about 950 yards and 50 points against us basically at a "home bowl game" there where still only 2 other posters who even dared to question Molly McButter's.....All the rest were still shouting "wait til next year".....funny that now no one claims to have ridden that ship.....:lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall to many people rallying behind me after the Vandy game in 2015 when I said he was lost without Grier.....If you go back to even after the bowl game where Harbaugh put up about 950 yards and 50 points against us basically at a "home bowl game" there where still only 2 other posters who even dared to question Molly McButter's.....All the rest were still shouting "wait til next year".....funny that now no one claims to have ridden that ship.....:lol2:
I don't recall you being this obnoxious in the past. What happened to you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Mullen has energized the program. I really doubt Kelly would have this type of energy and I dont think he would embrace the Gator way and tradition...
Kelly is fvkking weird, like Mcelstain and Unabomber weird.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't recall you being this obnoxious in the past. What happened to you?
Well... I agree he has always been this obnoxious but he is especially strung out over the Big Pig getting roasted.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bet Online boosted our O/U to 7.5:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...s-updated-sec-win-totals-2018-regular-season/

LSU 6.5? :ugh:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
i looked up this old post, im optimistic we can will 9 games. i saw that clown yesterday on cbs say this is a playoff team. i know there are optimistic people that say its possible , but thats ridiculous

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Seems I remember a coach named Charley Pell, who was not very successful in his 1st season but with assistants like Joe Kines, Mike Heimerdinger, Dwight Adams, Mike Shanahan, Galen Hall, Ron Zook, et al, we came out pretty good even with the phony baloney NCAA sanctions. Coach Mullen is going to do just fine with the staff, and direction of his choices of recruits.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seems I remember a coach named Charley Pell, who was not very successful in his 1st season but with assistants like Joe Kines, Mike Heimerdinger, Dwight Adams, Mike Shanahan, Galen Hall, Ron Zook, et al, we came out pretty good even with the phony baloney NCAA sanctions. Coach Mullen is going to do just fine with the staff, and direction of his choices of recruits.
You need some purpledrank yourself.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm gonna go super pumper and say 9 regular season wins only because we play an otherwise soft schedule. Having no idea who we'd play in a bowl game, or even if it would be in 2018, I couldn't possibly say what will happen. It will be a very disappointing 9 wins though, beating nobody of consequence and winning nothing of importance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Crete has convinced himself that he was the only one who thought butters was a poor hire.

Dont bother trying to acclimate him to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.