Poll: Is it currently worse to be a Florida or Michigan fan?

What both teams have: storied traditions, lame-duck coaches, struggling offenses, bad records agains

• Florida

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michigan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I notices that Michigan's coach is under a lot of pressure from returning a QB to the game who might have had a concussion. Player safety should be a paramount responsibility but of course perhaps an assistant coach should have intervened.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does Miles flirt with Meatchicken again or have the LSU faithful pay up some more.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Definitely us,, at least Michigan ad acknowledged change is needed

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n64344 said:
Not a snowball's chance in hell Harbaugh leaves the NFL to go coach that dumpster fire. I'll eat my shoe if he does.

If the two jobs are available and he's available I think we're a way easier sell. I just don't see him leaving the nfl

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I wouldn't be at all surprised for UM to be better funded than UF. They have a longer legacy and therefore more years of big $$ older benefactors. Harbaugh may very well be intrigued and challenged to restore his alma mater to what it once was.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n64388 said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised for UM to be better funded than UF. They have a longer legacy and therefore more years of big $$ older benefactors. Harbaugh may very well be intrigued and challenged to restore his alma matrr to ehat it once was.

don't think it's a matter of who can pay more but who's willing to pay more

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64386 said:
If the two jobs are available and he's available I think we're a way easier sell. I just don't see him leaving the nfl

He wouldn't come here, either. Why would any NFL coach who is having the kind of success he's having go back to the college ranks, much less for a program with the problems Michigan and Florida have?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n64386 said:

He won't, but if he did, he is a UM alum and legacy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n64426 said:
He wouldn't come here, either. Why would any NFL coach who is having the kind of success he's having go back to the college ranks, much less for a program with the problems Michigan and Florida have?

I agree. I don't even think him and San fran will part ways. I was just saying this was a better job than. Michigan even if he went there.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Someone brought up Penn State. I nominate Christian Hackenburg as college football's most overrated player. With the way the media was drooling over him you would have thought he was on par with Winston and Mariota. I don't know where he is now, but before this last contest, he was just above the mighty Jeff Driskel in passer rating. He's probably below him now after the pathetic performance he gave Saturday. Like Jeff, I don't think we'll see him declaring early for the NFL.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Florida. Both coaches will be fired but they are going to get Jim Harbaugh and we'll get someone decent but I'd rather have Harbaugh than anyone we're likely to get.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64774 said:
Florida. Both coaches will be fired but they are going to get Jim Harbaugh and we'll get someone decent but I'd rather have Harbaugh than anyone we're likely to get.

So you think Harbaugh is going to leave an NFL or a chance at an NFL job to coach to take a job at Michigan? Why would a successful NFL coach take a demotion?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Michigan man - A Schembechler man. They will open the wallets for him. He wanted that job before. He may not like all the prima donnas. To think that it is some crazy idea is funny. He wanted that job, badly I might add.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64781 said:
He's a Michigan man - A Schembechler man. They will open the wallets for him. He wanted that job before. He may not like all the prima donnas. To think that it is some crazy idea is funny. He wanted that job, badly I might add.

You mean he wanted the job until the 49ers took care of him, or his agent put it out there that he wanted the job to get him more money. He is a Michigan Alumn, but he is also an NFL guy, which he has stated. John Harbaugh already publically turned down the job on September 28th. They will also have to help Jim get over being passed over for the job for Rich Rod and the fact they have already publicly gone after his brother first. Jim Harbaugh is also on a number of NFL teams short list he is is freed.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He only makes $5 mill - it is Meechigan. Hell, offer him $6 mill and the keys to the Big House. He's a legacy and that would be similar to getting Spurrier to come home. I think you make a serious pitch to him. He's pretty much gone from San Fran. I think it is a no brainer you offer him the world to come home.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64797 said:
He only makes $5 mill - it is Meechigan. Hell, offer him $6 mill and the keys to the Big House. He's a legacy and that would be similar to getting Spurrier to come home. I think you make a serious pitch to him. He's pretty much gone from San Fran. I think it is a no brainer you offer him the world to come home.

Similar except Spurrier was never an NFL coach, the Dolphins have already stated they would go after Harbaugh and the 49ers were already working on an extension. The number the Dolphins threw out was $7 million a year. I do not see anything on the numbers of the 49ers extensions.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it is just about the money with Harbaugh. Maybe he can make Tanneyhill into a gamer, who knows. Are you a Dolphins fan or something? That whole San Fran situation could have easily soured him on the NFL. And he could easily take another NFL gig...but why would it be any different for him somewhere else. He's not getting along with the players. They will be the same on all the other NFL teams. The stars get paid way more than the coaches. He always seemed like a college guy to me.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64832 said:
I don't think it is just about the money with Harbaugh. Maybe he can make Tanneyhill into a gamer, who knows. Are you a Dolphins fan or something? That whole San Fran situation could have easily soured him on the NFL. And he could easily take another NFL gig...but why would it be any different for him somewhere else. He's not getting along with the players. They will be the same on all the other NFL teams. The stars get paid way more than the coaches. He always seemed like a college guy to me.

Cowboys fan. No, just I think he is a good coach, and though he was a good NFL player (but not great). I don't think it is about money as much as the challenge. Very competitive guy, in the most competitive league and being paid well to do it. I think it is the competition that keeps him in the NFL where it is all about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator