Poll: Next Coach?

First post, and it's a poll. Long time lurker. Pretty much everyone feels Muschamp is gone at the en

• Jake Spavital (aTm offensive coordinator)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Morris (Clemson offensive coordinator)

• Kevin Sumlin (a big reach)

• Ruffin McNeal (East Carolina head coach)

• Gary Patterson (TCU head coach)

• Philip Montgomery (Baylor offensive coordinator)

• Mike Macintyre (Buffs head coach--coached san jose st to a 9 or 10 win season)

• Rich Rod (Interesting thought)

• Total voters

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
First post, and it's a poll. Long time lurker. Pretty much everyone feels Muschamp is gone at the end of the season. There are some who are saying Jim Harbaugh will come here (never happen), Chip Kelly will come here (never happen), and others who are actually entertaining Lane Kiffin. Charlie Strong is entrenched at Texas. We blew that one. I also don't think Mike Gundy leaves Stillwater. Nor do I think Mark Dantonio leaves East Lansing. Here's my list of guys I think we should be looking at when the end of the season rolls around. Some folks want head coaches. Some don't mind a brilliant offensive coordinator. What do you think?

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Personally, I don't want to see another OC or DC with no head coaching experience as our next coach. I could get behind Ruffin McNeal or Sumlin, but definitely have no interest in Rich Rod.

I wouldn't mind seeing them make a run at Charlie Strong, but I don't know how realistic that is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Saw an article in USA Today that said the Raiders are going to make a big move for Sumlin.

gatyr

Oct 3, 2014
I do think Sumlin would entertain an offer, but in the end, he'd pull a Stoops and use us as leverage again.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm tired of hearing Charlie Strong. He's at Texas now and feels shunned by UF. Doubt he'd come here if we even offered. But he's at Texas, so let's sit back and see if he can even revitalize a program.

I'd love to see Shanahan or Harbaugh, but they won't come either. Not a lot of opportunities out there to snag a top notch HC without the risk of going after an OC or DC, which doesn't really seem like an option.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do we keep talking about this? Hasn't there been enough threads about it

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n67805 said:
Poll should include an option for none of the above

+ 1

But I'll add my top choice: Hugh Freeze.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n67804 said:
Why do we keep talking about this? Hasn't there been enough threads about it

I guess too much is never enough around here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's only one coordinator I would consider and that's Chad Morris. That's only because he was an elite high school head coach just like briles. And he runs the show at Clemson. There's a reason he's the highest paid assistant with a big buyout. I was impressed he was able to just plug a true freshman in his system like that.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorJB;n67806 said:
+ 1

But I'll add my top choice: Hugh Freeze.

I've never understood why they referred to him as Burt in "The Blind Side" and portrayed him as a bit of a dolt.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This poll may be more meaningful after tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ruffin McNeill? A DC who has had two losing seasons in CUSA?

Do you guys just make your list from whatever coach happened to win an upset in the past two weeks?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NO more Coordinators if they go for a new coach. Would like to see a run at Shannahan. Had anyone mentioned or given thought to Mike Mularkey?? HC experince with an offense background. Plus he's a Gator! Just a thought but at this point either of these two would be better than what we have now. Would hate for Roper to get caught up in the fire of this. But he knew what he was getting into.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n67862 said:
Ruffin McNeill? A DC who has had two losing seasons in CUSA?

Do you guys just make your list from whatever coach happened to win an upset in the past two weeks?

Yes, that is literally what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb