Poll: Ties to UF

Did you attend UF?

• Yes, I have a 4-year or post-graduate degree from UF

• Yes, I took some classes but I did not graduate

• No, never attended the university

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Really there are only two levels, those that support the Gators no matter what (they can be critical) and those that only do so when say football wins.

Support for the Gators should be beyond sports (and also beyond only the big two) and in academics.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
BS Business Administration concentration in Finance class of 2000.
Started in Fall 96 as a sociology major but took Marcoecon my sophomore year and plans changed. Did a stint at Manatee Community College over the summer to catch up so I could be admitted into the business school.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Both parents are grads. Born in G-ville while dad was getting his MBA, grew up in Gator Country (Lakeland) going to games in late 70s and early 80s. BSBA, Economics, ‘92. Worked couple years, then JD in ‘97.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I made that thread like 6 years ago and it's still being discussed. I made it in response to fan snobbery, which I despise.
:snob:
I did sale cokes at Gator Games back in the late 60's , Maybe I can apply for an honorary Business Degree?
We sold suckerbait at games from the 60s till almost 1980.
I just found this thread.
Both parents went to UF in the early 50s, dropped out and got married.
I saw my first game in 65 and was hooked. Graduated UF in 78 and then 84 with a masters in Ed.
Worked at UF all through school, as did grandmother and mom. I made student IDs while working and drove a van all over campus delivering. Played lots of intramurals in the Old alligator alley and had season tix for almost 30 yrs. My level is not listed because i believe in that line "IN all kiinds of weather" Probably have been to at least 200 gator games over the years. a dozen bowl games or more.........It is a disease with no cure or need for one........the pendulum is now swinging back the other way, slowly for many, but like the guy said...........Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting. :pumper:

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
98, Bachelors in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering
00, Masters in Nuclear Engineering

Is the paper bag due to a Nuclear experiment gone bad? o_O

'76 BSBA Finance & Real Estate double major. What do I do for a living? Own a mortgage company since 1986.

While at UF played City Softball for WW Gay for 2 years. Only 2 students allowed per team. Played with a bunch of ex-Spurrier team mates. Steve stopped by and played with us for a couple of weeks on his way from San Fran to Tampa Bay.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Became a Gator fan in 1990 when my dad took me to Neyland to watch the Gators play ut. I grew up in Bristol, VA and on the way down to the game my dad was explaining how Steve Spurrier was the coach of the Gators and how he grew up about 25 min from where we lived. Dad made Spurrier sound like a superhero to me. I just really thought it was cool and when I saw that Orange helmet w' the blue pants i just loved it. Florida lost 45-3 that day but it didn't matter to me.

I finally got to visit the swamp last season when my wife bought me tickets for fathers day. Yes, it was the "Heave to Cleve" that beat ut and that made it even better.

I looked into getting my Masters in Sports Management from UF online but, $28K just didnt seem doable. However, I did get my Masters and Ed S in Education a few years back from Union College.

Go Gators!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i wish more tthought like that.........Gville used to be a nice small town till enrollment hit 50k and then many of them grads thought
"Love me some Gainesville, let me stay" and the rest is history as they say ............ EXPLOSION of growth.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
07 BS Ag/Bio Engineering. Loved going to school there, wasn’t a huge fan of the city. Went back last year for a bball game for the first time in a 7 or 8 years - amazing how much that place has changed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb