Poll: What should happen with this game?

Poll: What should happen with this game?

• Play the game during our common bye week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play the game after SEC championship game (if possible)

• Don't play the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Voted, doubt it'll impact any decisions made by the two teams.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley may want to get this game in to play the "flipped record argument" at the end of the season. 8-4 sounds a lot better than 7-4 no matter who the 8th win is.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just think Idaho should have to play the game to get the check. But if not they basically flew cross country to take our $$$ for not playing. Cover the expesnes sure but that's why I think it should be played.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, as far fetched as it may be for this years gator team, not playing this game could adversely effect their point consideration in a tight race for the playoff spots. Play it on the bye week

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
Actually, as far fetched as it may be for this years gator team, not playing this game could adversely effect their point consideration in a tight race for the playoff spots. Play it on the bye week
I thought the same thing

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
It would actually help there by not playing it because the SOS things the committee looks at would be higher in that scenario.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
Playoff spot? Seriously? Good Lawd.

We get in the playoff by winning the SEC and if we were to somehow do that, Idaho doesn't matter at all.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
Gator Fever is spot on! Removing Idaho from the equation improves our strength of schedule - not like it needs to be improved. Even with Idaho we would probably have the toughest schedule of the top 10 teams. After watching FSU and Bamer, we have a legitimate shot. I know Law would never agree, but, it's true.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We don't know what "the committee" will do, and what they'll look at. They may look favorably on a team that would not back away from a game they didn't need to play. I believe that the old strength of schedule formula, and other formulas, won't be considered by "the committee." We shouldn't even worry about this unless we finish 10-1 (regular season with no Idaho) or 11-1 (regular season with Idaho make-up).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
All depends on the offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
We don't know what "the committee" will do, and what they'll look at. They may look favorably on a team that would not back away from a game they didn't need to play. I believe that the old strength of schedule formula, and other formulas, won't be considered by "the committee." We shouldn't even worry about this unless we finish 10-1 (regular season with no Idaho) or 11-1 (regular season with Idaho make-up).
They have said they will have things given to them that have SOS ratings.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we need a bye week to beat Georgia. They've got a good RB or two, big whoop, so do we! This notion that we can't possibly stay on the field with UGA unless we have this bye week is as absurd as not playing the game last night. They should have played Idaho today or even tomorrow, but since they can't pull that off because of the "impossible logistics" I say play it on Oct 25.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the problem with playing the bye week before Georgia is that will have us playing 9 weeks in a row...10 if we make the sec championship games...that will give no tiime to heal any nagging injuries

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator said:
the problem with playing the bye week before Georgia is that will have us playing 9 weeks in a row...10 if we make the sec championship games...that will give no tiime to heal any nagging injuries
I am back and forth on it because it sure doesn't seem to hurt NFL Playoff teams lately not having a bye week.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
FSU and Bammer played REAL teams on opening day. We may have blown out a garbage team and a false sense of security set in. It may have anyhow. Bama's running game was skrong. FSU has ridiculous talent on both sides of the ball. They played a decent Okie State team.

Playoffs? Cue that Mora clip up...hilarious.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator;n38981 said:

Don't we usually only have one off week per season anyway?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
I don't think we need a bye week to beat Georgia. They've got a good RB or two, big whoop, so do we! This notion that we can't possibly stay on the field with UGA unless we have this bye week is as absurd as not playing the game last night. They should have played Idaho today or even tomorrow, but since they can't pull that off because of the "impossible logistics" I say play it on Oct 25.
Until Muschamp actually beats the puppy dawgs and proves he's not a one hit wonder...we need all the help we can get. Quite sad.

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n38986 said:
Don't we usually only have one off week per season anyway?
right now we are scheduled for bye weeks...9/27...between Bama and Tenn...and 10/25 Mizzou and Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.