Poll: What should happen with this game?

Poll: What should happen with this game?

• Play the game during our common bye week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play the game after SEC championship game (if possible)

• Don't play the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39712 said:
Great! It could be like our bowl game. Much better than going to the Independence Bowl.
Speaking of bowl games, I bet you're feeling pretty good about your Vols making one after beating up on the Utah State Crackers. Don't get your hopes up, your lines of scrimmage are awful and you have no depth. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n39725 said:
Speaking of bowl games, I bet you're feeling pretty good about your Vols making one after beating up on the Utah State Crackers. Don't get your hopes up, your lines of scrimmage are awful and you have no depth. Go Gators!
I hope it gets Yorkie's hopes up. It's fun to watch his perennial after-game implosion.

Voles are still my pick for last place in the SEC east. Arky State may well thump them next week.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Playing it December 13 makes absolutely no sense. What if (and obviously this is a big if, I'm not saying this is what will happen) we played in the SECCG and were on our way to the playoffs but still had to play a cupcake AFTER that? Bizarre.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
The Original DC;n39143 said:
One thing that needs to happen as a result of this, the NCAA and/or SEC should allow for the possibility that cancelations can happen and games should be played the next possible day. To me, it's no different than a NASCAR race or PGA golf tournament getting rained out. Do it the next sunshiny day. Charter a different plane for the visiting team, tell the stadium workers in advance of getting hired that they may have to work on Sunday if Saturday gets canceled. I know it's rare, but yesterday was a travesty and should never happen again.
How is yesterday a travesty? Should we have a little chat with God and tell him to never allow another storm like that to take a football game away from us? Were you there?
Queen, we've always been allied in our mistrust and dislike of Lawgator so there's no need for us to bicker with one another, so I'll let it go after having said my peace. By the way, spent the first 28 years of my life in Jacksonville, moved to Atlanta with my company about 14 years ago. I did not make the opener last week due to having family in town, the first opener I've missed in at about 15 years (great one to miss in hindsight). I have 4 season tickets in the south end zone, I make several home games a year plus one or two road games a year. Crappy weather behind us, GO GATORS! 😀

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n39753 said:
Playing it December 13 makes absolutely no sense. What if (and obviously this is a big if, I'm not saying this is what will happen) we played in the SECCG and were on our way to the playoffs but still had to play a cupcake AFTER that? Bizarre.
I like Thursday, Oct 23rd. But more bizarre than playing it in December would be playing only 11 games and figuring out how to reimburse fans, Idaho, etc. If that scenario happens and we play them after the SECCG, I can imagine it would be nearly 100% with backups, from Treon Harris and Morningwood at qb, all the way through on both sides of the ball.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
One thing that needs to happen as a result of this, the NCAA and/or SEC should allow for the possibility that cancelations can happen and games should be played the next possible day. To me, it's no different than a NASCAR race or PGA golf tournament getting rained out. Do it the next sunshiny day. Charter a different plane for the visiting team, tell the stadium workers in advance of getting hired that they may have to work on Sunday if Saturday gets canceled. I know it's rare, but yesterday was a travesty and should never happen again.
How is yesterday a travesty? Should we have a little chat with God and tell him to never allow another storm like that to take a football game away from us? Were you there?
I guess I'm just annoyed by so many posts from people who weren't even in the vicinity of the area to see how bad it actually was. No one that was there has any problem with the game being called. All of the complaints I see are from other people who just wish the game had been played. Well, we all wish the game had been played but there is absolutely no way, in the conditions of that night, that it was going to happen. The weather was INSANE and worse than what you can probably imagine by just watching random clips on tv. Trust the officials, they made the right call. And the logistics that go into putting on a game are a lot more than just saying, "hey, go play football". I just don't see the point in questioning something 2 days later and getting so worked up over, especially if you weren't in the area to see how bad the rain/storms/lightning/water were. That's my $0.02. I like you DC, I really do, just disagree with you on this one because you weren't there to see it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Playing a cupcake, throw away game in December makes no sense to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
:rollingeyes:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
Fair enough, and you're probably right, if I had been there I may have a different opinion. Praying the weather is better next weekend, I just want to see some football!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n39768 said:
I like Thursday, Oct 23rd. But more bizarre than playing it in December would be playing only 11 games and figuring out how to reimburse fans, Idaho, etc. If that scenario happens and we play them after the SECCG, I can imagine it would be nearly 100% with backups, from Treon Harris and Morningwood at qb, all the way through on both sides of the ball.

Imagine the fallout if it was played after being selected to the playoff and we somehow pulled a Michigan App State type scenario.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
You and me both...trust me!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n39774 said:
Playing a cupcake, throw away game in December makes no sense to me.

Exactly. Just call it a no contest and move on if you don't want to play it in October.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Like sasquash says what if we make the SEC champilnship game? That makes no sense. And why on earth would the Idaho coach have any say in we play. Doesn't our university pay them?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n39753 said:
What if we're playing it with no HC?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n39788 said:
Like sasquash says what if we make the SEC champilnship game? That makes no sense. And why on earth would the Idaho coach have any say in we play. Doesn't our university pay them?

The Idaho coach wants his bye week and will treat a mid December game with us kind of like a bowl game for them. No real problem with the the SEC game but I guess there would be if we only had 1 loss going into the SECCG (Dreaming again I guess).

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like not playing the game at all would subject the University to refunding 90,000+ fans their ticket prices, no? 90,000 fans at, say, $60 per ticket is $5.4 million in refunds to fans. Sure, UF has plenty of money, but that's a helluva hit to any university's budget. Are the fans just supposed to eat it, in this economy? There would be a fairly harsh backlash in my opinion for basically telling the fans "sorry, too bad, blame it on Mother Nature." I think the game should be played, finding a suitable date is the question.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39783 said:
Exactly. Just call it a no contest and move on if you don't want to play it in October.
You'd change your opinion if it were your Vols, you'd want this game played so you can feel like a contender for a week or two.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n39795 said:
It seems like not playing the game at all would subject the University to refunding 90,000+ fans their ticket prices, no? 90,000 fans at, say, $60 per ticket is $5.4 million in refunds to fans. Sure, UF has plenty of money, but that's a helluva hit to any university's budget. Are the fans just supposed to eat it, in this economy? There would be a fairly harsh backlash in my opinion for basically telling the fans "sorry, too bad, blame it on Mother Nature." I think the game should be played, finding a suitable date is the question.

I'm sure they're weighing all possible scenarios, just calm down and wait for the answer. You should have it in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.