Poll: what would it take to get you back on the Butters Train?

How few losses would make you feel the power of Big Mac?

Votes: 13 26.5%

Votes: 26 53.1%

Votes: 3 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sandwich made of pork products

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The losses are almost secondary. A 2012 season with a 2012 offense ain't gonna fly.
A top 40-50 offense.
No Arkansas type coaching failure.
No blowout losses - i.e the offense can keep up no matter how decimated defense is.
Beat halFaSsU.
Those are the minimums to keep the pitchfork in the shed.
Will evaluate the losses if :dance: and when they happen.

To actually get on the train? All of the above and only one regular season loss.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Ditch the pretty kewl demeanor. Replace it with an unending hatred of Tenn, UGA, LSU, and FSU. If he isn't losing sleep trying to figure out different ways to drop 50 on each of them, he needs to go now.

And yet, he probably will just be happy selling f**king popcorn because somehow our athletic department needs the $0.50 profit more than annihilating victories, sold out crowds, and millions in donor money.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ditch the pretty kewl demeanor. Replace it with an unending hatred of Tenn, UGA, LSU, and FSU. If he isn't losing sleep trying to figure out different ways to drop 50 on each of them, he needs to go now.

And yet, he probably will just be happy selling f**king popcorn because somehow our athletic department needs the $0.50 profit more than annihilating victories, sold out crowds, and millions in donor money.
100,000 percent this...
.I count bowl games so for me 11 wins and a FSU victory and I'm in. Oh and don't wait till ****ing January to start building the recruiting class....BTW, the FSU win is not optional or replaceable....must kill the Clowns.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Wanted to say 1-2 losses at most but it's more complicated so ham sammich got my vote.

He needs to:
1) Beat Tenn, UGA and spank FSU by double digits.
2) Beat Mich OR LSU (preferably both) and not get embarrassed in the other game if it's a lose. FWIW, if I had to choose winning only one of these games, I would grudgingly choose Michigan as the win b/c I want us to start off on a positive note and I want revenge for the azz whipping they put on us in the Citrus Bowl.
3) Field a kick-azz offense that scores EARLY, OFTEN & EXCESSIVELY!
3) Win the East.
4) Win the SEC.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

VAGator

Founding Member
Distibutor of Wholesome Goodness
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just need to show some improvement in the offense. Winning a few big games like fsu and um would go a long way to getting me back on. He needs to maybe have a winning record vs top 25 teams. I don't see it happening, but it would get me back on the butter wagon.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wanted to say 1-2 losses at most but it's more complicated so ham sammich got my vote.

He needs to:
2) Beat Mich OR LSU (preferably both) and not get embarrassed in the other game if it's a lose. FWIW, if I had to choose winning only one of these games, I would grudgingly choose Michigan as the win b/c I want us to start off on a positive note and I want revenge for the azz whipping they put on us in the Citrus Bowl.
3) Win the East.
4) Win the SEC.
5) Cure Cancer
6) Write the great American novel
7) Go to the moon

FIFY

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Come on, man.

Well Swamp Donkey, you did ask what it would take and I answered honestly. With that being said, my thoughts don't seem to be much different than yours (SEC win notwithstanding) While my comment about winning the SEC may be a stretch, beating FSU is something we both feel is important. I just feel that at year 3 in Mac's tenure, he should beat the Noles and if not, then we're all most likely be close to, if not 100%, off of the Mac train. I don't think a 10+ point beating is really asking too much if Mac is truly a good coach. I also think that FSU will underwhelm again this season as they are apt to do. Bama will still be good but their front seven isn't projected to be nearly as good or as deep at this point in the year. Coupled with the coaching turnover they've suffered of late and the ego deflating loss to Clemson and I don't think they will be the juggernaut of recent years past.

BNAG8R, good one, I got a laugh out of that. Curing cancer would be great. I had an idea regarding the novel...he could write about a protagonist named Clarabelle who likes PBJ sandwiches and belly rubs. Whaddya think of that as a starting point for the plot? :)

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Some asked for it. What kind of season would it take to get you back on board if you are fence sitting or negating about Butters & Company?

I'm struggling between 2 and 3 losses myself. I guess it would depend on who the losses were to and how bad they were. It would be tough for me if we won them all (or only lost one) but got blasted by Clown Town and trailerBammer again.

I guess if we actually had a pulse on offense say top 20 and trending up, and showed promise in recruiting I might be inclined to change my mind regardless of how many losses we had.
Undefeated. He's not a UF caliber coach. He's on his way out. He's a worse overall coach and recruiter than Zook and WM. The faster he's gone the quicker we can fix the mess he's causing from his recruiting.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

He needs to:
3) Win the East.
4) Win the SEC.

This This This

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
For me, it's not losses per se. It's the package that I've seen from Mac so far,

Continuous thumping by good teams, not recruiting enough stud players, along with not taking positions of need in proper numbers. Not having a good Plan B when they don't land the player they want. Game planning.

To get me on board:

1- Fire Nuss
2- Beat good teams & rivals (especially the clowns) and if we lose, be competitive in the game
3- Land those stud recruits that helps a team be elite.
4- Run up the damn score so the backups get playing time, as our legend said, "it's up to them to stop us"

:pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R, good one, I got a laugh out of that. Curing cancer would be great. I had an idea regarding the novel...he could write about a protagonist named Clarabelle who likes PBJ sandwiches and belly rubs. Whaddya think of that as a starting point for the plot? :)

Always liked that one.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat as you Donkey in the wins/losses. Not necessarily off the Mac train but he addressed some of my issues especially with bringing in Sadler. Nuss is my problem for the most part. We saw what the offense could be with Grier running it. Since then abyssmal. It's like when Grier left thier balz went with him. I feel it they shut up Harbalz and Meatchicken that will go a LONG way to getting to where they need. In additon win FL and the rest can take care of itself.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'll just say this....after this season, the question will be what is it gonna take to get him fired. We have no idea who the starting QB will be. UGA will be good and probably beat us. FSU will be another beat down in the Swamp and I don't think we can beat Michigan. That's the reality side of me. The Diehardg8r side hopes we kick all their azzes and some stud steps up on the QB side of things but I don't think that's being realistic. Bet Michigan. Run the SEC table on the way to the SECCG, be competitive against FSU and Bama and I will reconsider my opinion on his abilities.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
2 losses, win the east again, drastic improvement with the offense...throw for yards+ 20 TDs, and running backs combine for over 1500 yards. And start getting some top notch recruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.