Where do you stand with Mac?

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Michigan game will be a key indicator imo. I dont want to hear any more excuses about QB or whatever in that game.
And yet.... Im sure they will play their tails off.
:mac:

Last edited:

Murph265

May 30, 2017
I'm just tired of watching an offense that looks like its never played organized sports. Seriously, the offense we've seen under mac is downright offensive.

Get it fixed or GTHO.
I agree. This year the offensive line, wide receivers, running backs are all better. All we need is a leader at QB who can put it in the end zone.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he can show a decent to good offense this year and get Fields to sign then he should get another year

If Mac does this... but the criteria more good2great offense. We know our Team culture when the right players and staff are going to make it happen. I feel we have a core group that might want to get nasty game day. Now, can that damn staff call a game, adjust your weapons ad lib and show a positive improvement trend toward the infamous peak team play as prime time approaches. For me, when our backs are part of the identity that we can rumble and pummel you underfoot, then a sigh of relief that our OLine is functionally assembled. As for the great mystery, the golden arm swagger make the play dart and missile thrower, crap, I just don't know. I guess give me the guy that can make the play at least 3 out of 5 times :confused:
Go Gators!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's our Coach, doesn't matter what I think...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1. My opinion is still out. I have seen some good and some bad from him. Enough to give me hope, but not enough to give me confidence.

2. He will get at least one more year and probably 2 at a minimum, so I am rooting for him to succeed

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There's actually a troll on SG that says Mac is ahead of Saban when Saban was coaching earlier in his career. And he implies that Mac is BETTER than Saban. It's pure comedy gold. You don't even have to be a neGator to know that guy is smoking crack. I feel I am pretty optimistic with 8-4/9-3 reg season upcoming.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1. My opinion is still out. I have seen some good and some bad from him. Enough to give me hope, but not enough to give me confidence.

2. He will get at least one more year and probably 2 at a minimum, so I am rooting for him to succeed
What an excellent summation. Couldn't have said it better. This is where I am. I have "hope" but I have very little confidence. I think its more likely we see more of the same or have a drop off than it is significant improvement this year.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Yeah yeah, keep on disliking my posts. Its the same whinny bishes that can't stand for anyone to have anything positive to say.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There's actually a troll on SG that says Mac is ahead of Saban when Saban was coaching earlier in his career. And he implies that Mac is BETTER than Saban. It's pure comedy gold. You don't even have to be a neGator to know that guy is smoking crack. I feel I am pretty optimistic with 8-4/9-3 reg season upcoming.
You keep screaming about this. Through each coaches first 5 seasons
Saban was 31/59 52.5%
Mac was 41/56 73%
:dunno:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You keep screaming about this. Through each coaches first 5 seasons
Saban was 31/59 52.5%
Mac was 41/56 73%
:dunno:

You know it.

Mac>Saban

WHo is "screaming"...lol...come on dude you're better than that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know it.

Mac>Saban

WHo is "screaming"...lol...come on dude you're better than that.

I bet the point he's trying to make is that anybody can pull out random statistics and make them fit their own narrative.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I bet the point he's trying to make is that anybody can pull out random statistics and make them fit their own narrative.
Yeah I don't know what the point of the original convo was, I just looked up the records. But I can run with it anyway :dance:
Saban was at Toledo one year and went 9-2
Then he was at Meatchicken St for 5 years and went
34-24-1 57.5%
Then on to LSU and was
10-6 in the SEC 62.5% in this first two years

Mac was at Colorado Stae his first three years and went
22-16 58%
Then on to Florida and was
13-3 81% in the SEC

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't know what the point of the original convo was, I just looked up the records. But I can run with it anyway :dance:
Saban was at Toledo one year and went 9-2
Then he was at Meatchicken for 5 years and went
34-24-1 57.5%
Then on to LSU and was
10-6 in the SEC 62.5% in this first two years

Mac was at Colorado Stae his first three years and went
22-16 58%
Then on to Florida and was
13-3 81% in the SEC
The 2 curb-stompings in the SECCG don't count as conference games? Is that like not counting the beat down Mushchamp took against Loserville in the Sugar Bowl? :lol:

By the way...Saban never coached Michigan.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The 2 curb-stompings in the SECCG don't count as conference games? Is that like not counting the beat down Mushchamp took against Loserville in the Sugar Bowl? :lol:

By the way...Saban never coached Michigan.

Sorry Meatchicken State.
Throw in any numbers you want. I'm not making an argument
But if I add in the SECCG game like you want then
Saban 11-6 65%
Mac 13-5 72%

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry Meatchicken State.
Throw in any numbers you want. I'm not making an argument
But if I add in the SECCG game like you want then
Saban 11-6 65%
Mac 13-5 72%
So, by your estimation, Chimp is the best of the three, huh? He had a much better record.

Want me to make a long list of people who were even better?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The 2 curb-stompings in the SECCG don't count as conference games?
No, any loss deemed to be an asterisk loss by pumpers didn't actually occur. We've had many through the years.

BTW, anybody looked at the season schedule this year? What does it say for every SEC team for the first week of December? I used to laugh about this when I saw it on Kintucky's schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.