Where do you stand with Mac?

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I simply stated a fact, that Chimp had a better record than the other two.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Mac has done some good things in the past two years and he may end up being a very good coach but I don't think he is the "right" fit for Florida.

He's too much "Hee Haw" and not enough "Dirty Harry"!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You keep screaming about this. Through each coaches first 5 seasons
Saban was 31/59 52.5%
Mac was 41/56 73%
:dunno:

@Swamp Donkey

This is the first post that mentions Mac's record compared to Saban's. You're making stuff up now (again).

Look, you can say Mac and Muschamp both suck or laugh at anybody comparing Mac and Saban, but just admit you were wrong when you compared Mac and Muschamp's records. Own it.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
History seems to point to a down year for our coaches in year 3. Spurrier, Meyer , Zook, and Champ had their worst years in season three. Now it could be argued that Spurrier had a worst year in '99 , but still '92 was a drop off for Spurrier's standards at Florida. Can Mac buck this trend and have a great year this year, I doubt it. I still think he's going to get a 4th and possibly 5th year. With our schedule this year, I just can't see him doing much better than 8-4, but I'm thinking more like 7-5. Maybe Zaire will come in and be the spark plug we need on offense, but that's a huge if.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think this year should be his make or break year but....

SInce he just received a contract extension I think he will get 5 years regardless of what happens this season. I think the logical question for Scott Stricklin is why would you give him a contract extension when he has 4 years left on his contract? Especially when there has been no improvement in the offense in two seasons?

Stricklin is Foley 2.0

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Where do you stand with Mac
If he runs out of the tunnel with my team this year then he is my coach. Im pulling for him as hard as any coach or team or player we have ever had. He may be too goofy or home spun for some people but I just want him to get us back to being a great team again., If it aint to be I will be the next guy's biggest fan.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter jack shyt where you stand with Mac now. It's where you stand with him on Oct. 29. If we're 6-2 or better, you stand behind him. If the loss column has more dings, there's reason to think this train is stuck at the station. It'll be up to you whether you decide to jump off.

In a worse case scenario, the administration has made it clear it won't be ready to make a change for at least a year, maybe two.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm less interested in the record, and more interested in what I "see" and "feel". I have no expectations for making a title run, dont think we have the talent or experience to make a run. I want to be excited by what I see for the future.

I would take 4 competitive, exciting losses where we showed promise over a 10-2 shyt show.

It's not about the record for me...not this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm less interested in the record, and more interested in what I "see" and "feel". I have no expectations for making a title run, dont think we have the talent or experience to make a run. I want to be excited by what I see for the future.

I would take 4 competitive, exciting losses where we showed promise over a 10-2 shyt show.

It's not about the record for me...not this year.
I agree but I have little hope it'll happen that way.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
First two years was the standard. No one cares about little league records, other than to notice when a guy isn't even a top tier coach in the WAC.
This record is far more important to me:
At UF 1st 2 years:
WM:
18-8, 10-6 vs SEC, 4-6 vs top 25, 3-6 vs SEC in top 25, OR: 105, 104, DR:5, 3 1 SEC East Co- champs, 1 BCS Bowl, 1-1 in bowl games SEC COTY

Mac: 19-8 13-5 vs SEC, 2-4 vs SEC in top 25, OR: 112, 116. 2 east "titles" SEC COTY.

Mirror images.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's actually a troll on SG that says Mac is ahead of Saban when Saban was coaching earlier in his career.

That post was about the actual height of the two coaches.

So, by your estimation, Chimp is the best of the three, huh? He had a much better record.

I think Threat is just saying that the vitriol shown for this coach has too far preceeded his actual results?

Mac has done some good things in the past two years and he may end up being a very good coach but I don't think he is the "right" fit for Florida.
He's too much "Hee Haw" and not enough "Dirty Harry"!

"On target" Jake-State with that Dirty Harry concept.

Stricklin is Foley 2.0

I don't think any Foley-versions go up that high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator