POLL: Which position does the Gators need the best recruit? (besides offensive line)

Think about it another way - if we are only able to sign one 5 star candidate, which position would

• Quarterback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Running back

• Wide Receiver

• Tight end

• Defensive tackle

• Defensive end

• Linebacker

• Safety

• Cornerback

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Think about it another way - if we are only able to sign one 5 star candidate, which position would you prefer he play?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another invalid poll. No "Ham Sammich" option.

Also, why did you leave out the Olinemen? We need Olinemen more than any other position.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well leave out oline because it is the number one issue.

I gave this some thought and if we can get a decent oline somehow WR is the position I want most. Reason is because the best of them can have a great impact as a freshman.

TE would be next as something we need as well, but they have to block so freshmen are not as likely to have a high impact.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Think about it another way. What DON'T we need as say compared to 'Bama or OSU?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150809 said:
We don't need a RB.
You wouldn't like to have Yulee's Derrick Henry on the roster or Elliot from OSU in addition to our current backs?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n150742 said:
Another invalid poll. No "Ham Sammich" option.

Also, why did you leave out the Olinemen? We need Olinemen more than any other position.

Yeah but you have to think of it this way. The last time I tried to "sign" a Ham Samich the negoations ended badly for the Ham Samich.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n150814 said:
You wouldn't like to have Yulee's Derrick Henry on the roster or Elliot from OSU in addition to our current backs?

I believe Lane is just as good. Past coaching staff just couldn't see it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Lane is a beast, but 2 RBs is not enough in the SEC.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n150835 said:
We have three. Lane. Taylor. and Powell.

I think you will see Powell more as slot though in Mac's Offense. He has the speed and that way we can have "two RBs" on the field at the sametime.

Dec 10, 2014
We didn't sign one linebacker last year. The past regime was okay with doing that because of how many and strong the linebacker class was this year. We signed two quarterbacks. We have young WRs with potential on the offense. We've consistently signed DL. If we are excluding OL from the poll because it would be the obvious pick, then linebacker is second up.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I voted LB because for all the thanks and respect I give to Morrison for his contributions, he's chasing and tackling from behind more often than not and his coverage skills are abysmal. Appreciate him, but he's far from a difference maker at the position. We need a difference maker imo.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our obvious need besides OL is the LB position. However, we have struggled so mightily on offense over the last 5 years, I'd say if we could only sign ONE 5* kid, then I'd want it to be a RB. A dynamic RB can be a game changer. I'd be happy with some 4 star and even high 3 star LB's in this class. To borrow a word from Collins, we need some juice on offense. A game changing 5* RB? Yes please!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
QB or LB. QB because you can't win in football without a competent QB. LB because we desperately need depth at that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator