Pool/Fence Build Thread

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Joke? I missed it . :) Brad has a deep well..
If he plans to use a deep well for filling his pool he needs to be careful of the iron content and other sediment in the water causing permanent staining on the new marcite plaster finish.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he plans to use a deep well for filling his pool he needs to be careful of the iron content and other sediment in the water causing permanent staining on the new marcite plaster finish.

This pool is doomed, doomed I tell you....:lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 11. Saturday. Backfill is complete.

image.jpg

image.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We are on a well. Luckily for us, there is zero iron in our water.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You'll be sorry....I have many century old Live Oaks that this f vcked up city won't let me cut down.....Trees are a pain in the ass and they suck...especially if you're putting a pool in with no enclosure.
Yeah! I mean, who doesn't hate trees? Especially those pesky old ones.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the updates brad. We had a pool put in for those 3 weeks every year when it gets above 80 out here in San Diego. It really helps us get through the tough summer so no regrets.
659e9c446caceb24b9b5f125bdb196e2.jpg

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
As to being screened in, seems to me it is much more enjoyable if you don't have one, assuming you aren't too close to trees and mosquitos aren't too bad. Growing up, we built a pool in a new house and didn't screen it. Seemed much nicer than many of the pools I had been in which were screened. Obviously there will be more upkeep.

One thing my dad did that I think helped is he overspec'd the power of the pool pump, and he put in an extra gutter. The result was you got a lot more water flow which kept the pool nicer looking, but of course that does take more energy.

I would probably never have a pool. They are nice to have, but I suspect that I would put in a lot more work maintaining it than we would actually use it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the updates brad. We had a pool put in for those 3 weeks every year when it gets above 80 out here in San Diego. It really helps us get through the tough summer so no regrets.
659e9c446caceb24b9b5f125bdb196e2.jpg

Those plastic palm fronds look almost realistic. You should put a big alligator in that fish tank in the middle.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 13, Monday.

Tons of plumbing done today. There are pipes going everywhere. Also stopped by showroom to pick out pool finish color, water edge tile, and glass accent tiles that will go on every step.

image.jpg

image.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Day 13, Monday.

Tons of plumbing done today. There are pipes going everywhere. Also stopped by showroom to pick out pool finish color, water edge tile, and glass accent tiles that will go on every step.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Nice manifold but I'm trying to figure out why they used additional slip curlers on 3 of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator