Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Colors.
image.jpg

The glass tile will go on the steps, like this:
image.jpg

I've also decided to use the water level tile as the countertop for the outdoor kitchen.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 14. Tuesday.

A ton more plumbing. Set the skimmer. Started staking out the pool deck perimeter.

image.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
your finish selections are real nice....i really like the irridescent glass tile....whats the edging gonna be...you doing a rolled concrete edge?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
your finish selections are real nice....i really like the irridescent glass tile....whats the edging gonna be...you doing a rolled concrete edge?

Yep, just a rolled edge. We are staining that edge a dark tan. And then rest of deck a lighter tan.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Day 14. Tuesday.

A ton more plumbing. Set the skimmer. Started staking out the pool deck perimeter.

image.jpg
Be sure and take pictures of all plumbing on all sides before they backfill to keep as asbuilts in the event of a future problem

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As to being screened in, seems to me it is much more enjoyable if you don't have one, assuming you aren't too close to trees and mosquitos aren't too bad. Growing up, we built a pool in a new house and didn't screen it. Seemed much nicer than many of the pools I had been in which were screened. Obviously there will be more upkeep.

One thing my dad did that I think helped is he overspec'd the power of the pool pump, and he put in an extra gutter. The result was you got a lot more water flow which kept the pool nicer looking, but of course that does take more energy.

I would probably never have a pool. They are nice to have, but I suspect that I would put in a lot more work maintaining it than we would actually use it.

Not as much maintenance as you think. Mine is enclosed and I have a Hayward pool vacuum. Shock the pool twice a month and run the vacuum once a month. Sometimes I have to add an algaecide.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Colors.
image.jpg

The glass tile will go on the steps, like this:
image.jpg

I've also decided to use the water level tile as the countertop for the outdoor kitchen.
Is that the make pool finish you picked or your friend? There are definitely different quality between PebbleTec and others when it comes to finishes. However most importantly is getting the very best installer. Otherwise it can end up very patchy, and not last as long as the product is capable (20+ years).

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is that the make pool finish you picked or your friend? There are definitely different quality between PebbleTec and others when it comes to finishes. However most importantly is getting the very best installer. Otherwise it can end up very patchy, and not last as long as the product is capable (20+ years).

No, it will not be Diamond Brite in that sample. It will be a different product that he likes better.... forget the name. That is essentially they very last step.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 15. Wednesday

The deck is 90% framed in with footer dug and some metal thingies placed in there. Plumbing is 100% done and back under pressure.

Not worth any pics.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's the footing for?

Um.... not certain actually. The whole perimeter of the deck looks to be about 8 inches deep (maybe 6-8 inches wide), while the whole deck is 4 inches deep. There are these metal brackets placed every 4 feet. Is it code for pool decks? Maybe in case you build a cage later?

I'll take a pic later.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like what's called a thickened edge or possibly a perimeter grade beam of sorts. Not sure of the metal bracket you are describing, they could be chairs for reinforcement. A grade beam would typically have rebar for some future load like maybe a wall, the thickened edge would be installed in the event of erosion to prevent the concrete slab from being undermined and exposing the bottom of the slab. Or it could be to receive some type of deck drainage system.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like what's called a thickened edge or possibly a perimeter grade beam of sorts. Not sure of the metal bracket you are describing, they could be chairs for reinforcement. A grade beam would typically have rebar for some future load like maybe a wall, the thickened edge would be installed in the event of erosion to prevent the concrete slab from being undermined and exposing the bottom of the slab. Or it could be to receive some type of deck drainage system.

As usual.... Correct.
image.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 16. Thursday

Water level tile installed. They also adjusted some deck edges at my request and moved the gutter downspout pipes that run under the deck.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.