Pool/Fence Build Thread

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it looks great and y'all will have more good times around it than you can remember. Glad you're able to do this for you and your family.

I guess I'm vicariously living some thru this thread, one of my favorites that I look forward to seeing updates in. When's it's done maybe you can take a picture of that Bradley Smoker cooking some meat while you're sipping on a Shandy and watching the kids swim. - :thumbup:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Day 23. Thursday

Cut all the expansion joints. Cleaned all the forms. Cleaned the whole job site. Should put down deck texture tomorrow or Saturday. I meet with fence guy this afternoon.

image.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to present Questions 5 & 6.

I expected a couple tongue in cheek answers to earlier questions but it's clear you ain't got no time for that. Enjoy your new pool. Looks like it will turn out good.

thumb_COLOURBOX16162199.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We may have some people get so pissed they leave the board over Brad's pool. :lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We may have some people get so pissed they leave the board over Brad's pool. :lol:

Wait to your bathroom remodel gets going. :lol:

Fence guy just left. This is that ugly baby guard mesh fencing. At least the nice thing is it is completely removable. I was pleased with the price..... $1490.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wait to your bathroom remodel gets going. :lol:

Fence guy just left. This is that ugly baby guard mesh fencing. At least the nice thing is it is completely removable. I was pleased with the price..... $1490.
Having a two year old in the house, mine is up full time at the moment. Came with the house and works well. I'm guessing by law you have to have it?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having a two year old in the house, mine is up full time at the moment. Came with the house and works well. I'm guessing by law you have to have it?

By county code. 4ft high fence, with slats no further than 2 inches apart. A cage also counts as a fence. I understand the need in a residential neighborhood, but it is a silly rule for property like mine. The fence guy lives on 25 acres..... and had to do it to pass final. Then, of course, he took it all down (and sold it to his next client). I will take my down and place it in the attic.

The other option is a temporary cheap wooden fence that I remove after inspection. But I cant pull that off for $1500. And if I ever sell the house, I would have to revisit the issue.

We are trying to get it passed with the outside baby fence and nothing between the columns. Even though my house is alarmed (and armed), we are placing very inexpensive extra door/window chimes for every house exit inside that fence. (3 doors, 1 window). He's had some inspectors be ok with that, some not. If it doesnt pass, the fence guy will have install another small section.

So stupid.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I picture NV as that little short dude on Christmas Story who followed that bully around. Never adding anything useful to the conversation.... just snarky comments. Usually hiding behind others.
34d064e5e5783267d160448a6371ba75.jpg
I thought everyone pictured NV like this? :dunno:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A guy came out late afternoon and installed all the pool equipment and finished out the plumbing. Cool dude. I fed him supper and we shared a few beers when he was done.

image.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A guy came out late afternoon and installed all the pool equipment and finished out the plumbing. Cool dude. I fed him supper and we shared a few beers when he was done.

image.jpg

Pump motor is undersized and the conduit behind the pump and filter looks like a kid installed it. You should have them clean that mess up, strap the pipe to the wall and protect the wiring in liquid-tight flex with a weathertight connector on top. How are you supposed to service the condensing unit, should have 12" clearance.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pump motor is undersized and the conduit behind the pump and filter looks like a kid installed it. You should have them clean that mess up, strap the pipe to the wall and protect the wiring in liquid-tight flex with a weathertight connector on top. How are you supposed to service the condensing unit, should have 12" clearance.

:lol: all that from that one pic?

That pump is absolutely badass. I'm not even going to waste time defending it. You can read about it here if you want:
http://www.pentairpool.com/products/pumps-inground-intelliflo-2-vst-variable-speed-pump-479.htm

That conduit is the rough electric coming from the pool. It's not even remotely finished or hooked up.

There is plenty of room around that AC unit. It sits in a corner, and there is a full 24 inches between it and the wall on the 2 other sides. 9 inches between it and that closest pool pipe.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: all that from that one pic?

That pump is absolutely badass. I'm not even going to waste time defending it. You can read about it here if you want:
http://www.pentairpool.com/products/pumps-inground-intelliflo-2-vst-variable-speed-pump-479.htm

That conduit is the rough electric coming from the pool. It's not even remotely finished or hooked up.

There is plenty of room around that AC unit. It sits in a corner, and there is a full 24 inches between it and the wall on the 2 other sides. 9 inches between it and that closest pool pipe.
I think cooter was yanking your chain. :)

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dammit! C'mon coot.... You know I am in a sensitive state of mind!

:lol:
You can see from the height of the pvc riser and the length of the shadow that the clearance is from 8-12 inches. SS VFD motors pack a wallop in a small package, that technology has come a long way since I first worked on them in the mid 80's. The first ones that I worked on the convertor/invertor controls would barely fit in a box the size of your ac unit. I will wait to see the finished electrical wiring. :)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have the same pump on my pool. The efficiency is amazing. It pays for itself in energy savings in about a year and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator