Position Change Imminent?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure some of you guys noticed the updated heights and weights of the rest of our incoming Freshmen class from a few days ago. Looking at the measurables, it seems to be confirmed that Cece Jefferson is legitimately 6'1, 275 lbs. I'm no expert, but that seems pretty heavy for a Freshmen DE.

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility to think that the coaching staff will move him to DT this year if he keeps growing? A few years ago, Robert Nkemdiche came into Ole Miss as a highly touted DE prospect and now he's thriving at DT for the Rebels. Could Jefferson have a similar trajectory?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n242857 said:
Thread title made me think that Treon was moving to slot.

LOL. If Treon moves to slot receiver, we are either in great shape at the QB position or genuinely screwed for the foreseeable future. I can't figure out which extreme is more likely.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n242857 said:

I'm not tellin' ya what I thought it would be about.

:naughty:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n242857 said:
Threat title made me HOPE treon was moving to slot reciever. If hes playing qb this season we are screwed.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
6'1" 275 sounds a little DT-ish right now. Of course, he could have already taken care of the "Freshman Fifteen" and is preparing to work on his weight the next month or so. Seriously, he could grow another couple of inches. Maybe the more important measurable would be his wingspan and 40 time. If these are long and around 4.7 respectively, he might just stay on the edge or play a 7 Tech.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I would not think Jefferson is changing positions. UF doesn't have a proven pass rusher, so to switch him would be very stupid, especially since he hasn't even participated in a practice, much less one with pads on. As far as his size, if it's accurate, he's just fine for a defensive end. One of the best in the game, Dwight Freeney, is 6' 1" 269. You don't need to be tall to be a great defensive end. Quickness is more important than length. If you are quick and tall, that's better, but Jefferson is just fine with his size. The position change hinted at will not be him. Perhaps it's someone like Moral Stephens, an athlete with size that may not have a future at tight end, but might convert to an outside linebacker or defensive end. He might have hands of stone, so to the defense he would go.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't see him changing right now. Depends on his growth but UF needs some serious speed rush from the edge.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll start/backup at DE, another year or two things could change.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n242878 said:
Threat title made me HOPE treon was moving to slot reciever. If hes playing qb this season we are screwed.

Don't be so sure it could turn out the other way and he will have to come in again after watching some red zone practice drills this past Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.