Position Changes

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Makes sense, and I'm impressed that the roster has already been updated with these changes.
Desir-Jones wasn't cracking the OL and was a backup at best, so he adds depth to the DL with someone who's been around for a couple of years. DJs listed at 6'4" 292lbs.
Gamble (EE) must have come in and impressed to the point where moving Knight to LB made sense since we need additional depth there as well. Knight is 6'3" 246lbs.

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt knight ever sees the field, he aint LB material. Maybe we should actually get some real LBs for a change. Oh well. :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt knight ever sees the field, he aint LB material. Maybe we should actually get some real LBs for a change. Oh well. :lol:

Yeah Knight isn't very quick, but I like the move over to DL for Desir-Jones.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously we need the depth at LB... so there's that.... And we NEED some bad ass every down LB's.... But given the situation of their obvious earlier fails in recruiting enough quality 'backers... and at 246 lbs, I'm wondering if they think he can be of help in run support and at least be a situational type player?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Knight was supposed to be an inline/attached blocking TE. Given that Goolsby and Lewis can't block a fly, it tells me just how awful Knight was as a TE. So I say why not. Desir-Jones was a flyer at best who had no offers beyond small schools so Butters took a shot b/c he had schollies. Obviously Desir-Jones never going to see time on the O-line so again, why not? If we hit on one of these two guys being serviceable then it would have been a win. However I would not count on either, but I will hope.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I like the moves for the reasons others have stated in this thread, plus it shows McElwain is getting a little more creative in his personnel management.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Great to hear about D-Jones. I'm surprised there's not more, especially Riles (but he may not be ready to go in the spring). Also, Buchanan.

There's also work that Khalif Jackson is moving over to TE, but that leaves us thin at WR.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think my favorite position change is missionary to doggy.
True story...I broke up with my girlfriend about a week before my senior prom. There was this smoking hot blond with killer blue eyes that had been flirting with me all year in my marine biology class. So I asked her if she wanted to go.

- She was ALL OVER this 17 year old horn dog at that Prom. I knew right then I had asked the right girl to prom.

- On the way to the after party she started doing unimaginable things to me with her tongue in the backseat of the car. I knew right then I had definitely asked the right girl to prom.

- Later that night we were in bed and she volunteered to get up from the missionary position and assume the doggy position. In all my 17 years I had never seen such a glorious sight. I knew right then that I had DEFINITELY asked the right girl to prom.

- After a quick timeout in which I guzzled down a cold beer with the fellas I went back into the room. She was still naked, waiting there for me to return. I knew right then that I had DEFINITELY, beyond the shadow of a doubt, asked the right girl to prom.

- She then resumed doing wondrous, wonderful things with her mouth... Now she had been so good to me... And being he gentleman I am... I offered the courtesy "ok... Ok..." To which she then responded with a gurgled "OK WHAT?" all without breaking stride. I knew right then that....... Well you get the point....

In all that girl pleasured me FOUR TIMES that night. Ahhhh.... to be 17 again....

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Great to hear about D-Jones. I'm surprised there's not more, especially Riles (but he may not be ready to go in the spring). Also, Buchanan.
Mac said today that Buchanan Is ready to go and has a chance to make a move if Jordan doesn't get his sh*t together.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
True story...I broke up with my girlfriend about a week before my senior prom. There was this smoking hot blond with killer blue eyes that had been flirting with me all year in my marine biology class. So I asked her if she wanted to go.

- She was ALL OVER this 17 year old horn dog at that Prom. I knew right then I had asked the right girl to prom.

- On the way to the after party she started doing unimaginable things to me with her tongue in the backseat of the car. I knew right then I had definitely asked the right girl to prom.

- Later that night we were in bed and she volunteered to get up from the missionary position and assume the doggy position. In all my 17 years I had never seen such a glorious sight. I knew right then that I had DEFINITELY asked the right girl to prom.

- After a quick timeout in which I guzzled down a cold beer with the fellas I went back into the room. She was still naked, waiting there for me to return. I knew right then that I had DEFINITELY, beyond the shadow of a doubt, asked the right girl to prom.

- She then resumed doing wondrous, wonderful things with her mouth... Now she had been so good to me... And being he gentleman I am... I offered the courtesy "ok... Ok..." To which she then responded with a gurgled "OK WHAT?" all without breaking stride. I knew right then that....... Well you get the point....

In all that girl pleasured me FOUR TIMES that night. Ahhhh.... to be 17 again....

:shutmouth:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mac said today that Buchanan Is ready to go and has a chance to make a move if Jordan doesn't get his sh*t together.

That's good to hear.

The roster shows a few updated weights, but most players are at the same as last year's roster.

Riles is definitely out for spring, which is a shame.

I'm surprised Knight didn't move to DE, considering he'll be one of the biggest LBs we've had in years (6'4 246).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.