Post Michigan thoughts?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Dooley burned Mac. That's unusual. Mac is in over his head. He said it himself. He thought his plan was good enough, he thought the team was prepared enough. He even talked trash himself about the oline and how he would beat Michigan.

He has peaked. His best is awful in the SEC. His best might be impressive in Colorado, but here his best is below average garbage.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I was at the only non-loss of the '79 season, a 7-7 tie with Ga. Tech. As I recall, our best player, Scot Brantley was badly injured and was lost for the year. Because of the fact that I was still quite young (My 29th. B'day) - and drunk on my a$$, I left the game thinking that things weren't really all that bad. Of course we went on to compile a record of 0-10-1, leading Coach Pell to promptly embark upon a recruiting crime spree that would make Bear Bryant blush. So forgive me for hanging in with "Mac the very dull knife" to this point. I do have a long history of idiotic optimism.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That may be the best piece Dooley has ever written.
Not a fan of Dooley, since he didn't answer my questions the other day, but it appears he may have gotten the ball rolling with that piece! :clap:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Harbaugh lost 15 starters from last season and while UM clearly has issues, they made adjustments during halftime and completely shut us down. All we need to take away from this game is the difference between an excellent and mediocre coach.

Shutdown? LOL! You have be actually doing or saying something before one "shuts you down." Trust me there was nothing to shut down, just preventing from happening. This was a colossal disaster.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Laying the ground work to put all the blame on Nuss instead of where it belongs on Mac.
Until mac starts calling plays on the field then I will agree with blaming Nuss...but if it doesn't change at all this season....its Mac

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Until mac starts calling plays on the field then I will agree with blaming Nuss...but if it doesn't change at all this season....its Mac

He just extended his buddy's golden parachute.

Mac is a nice guy but probably not P5 coaching material.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Western Mich OLine on the road getting push and team making plays against a far superior USC team based on Stars, like 2-3 stars vs 4-5 stars. USC will probably pull it out, but it shows you how important actual coaching is.

Like us, USC has settled for a HC that has no business running one of the premier programs in the country. Unfortunately for us year by year we are becoming an afterthought when you list the premier programs.
Great seeing you back

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here's a few thoughts as I just got back from a post game party that turned into an Irish Wake bitch fest:

1. I don't EVER want to hear the name Malik Zaire again.
2. The freshman OL Brett Heggie was owned all night long until he was replace with junior Tyler Jordan.
3. On that safety that turned in to a touchdown Martez Ivey never touched the guy that blew by him to hit Zaire.
4. Doug Nussmeier is a complete waste of a human body using needed oxygen for the rest of the planet.
5. Franks looked so unprepared I'm shocked he didn't throw at least a pick and it did cause him to lose two fumbles.
6. No QB will find success if the OL is in a game long continuing state of collapse.
7. We will not have enough wins to be bowl eligible - and that's a lock

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. He has peaked. His best is awful in the SEC. His best might be impressive in Colorado, but here his best is below average garbage.
In his best year in the Wac, he lost four games, lost to a service academy, and didnt win a championship.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't beleive we make a bowl either. Hope we don't fire a coordinator as a scapegoat and keep mac. This is year 3 and he says he realy likes this team. If he cant get a to a bowl ,he should be gone.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
When Dooley is writing this, the end is close. He is always the last guy off the bandwagon once he's been cleared to write the negativity by the UAA. Something is brewing.

Also, from a purely subjective point of view, I have noticed that the usual sunshine pumping in comments in the usual places is all absent tonight, its all very negative "Mac sucks" type stuff. I believe this may well mark the day that he lost the whole fanbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator