Potential Landing Spots for Lane Kiffin

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be amazing if he went to Auburn or LSU. The fire that would add to the LSU/Bama or Auburn/Bama rivalry. How can you not root for that?

I don't see him going to Kentucky or NC State or a smaller school. I could possibly see Houston, but I doubt it. I think he wants a bigger platform for his ego.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need Half Kiffy back in the SEC east and the Voles will be hiring. It is perfect.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's already quit recruiting for bama. I know he won't be there next year. I don't see auburn hiring damaged goods. Someones gonna hire him though.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Volunqueers will be firing butch by midseason. His ultimate demise will be finalized around 7pm this Saturday. The jilted lovers will all be begging little kiffy to come back and save them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would be amazing if he went to Auburn or LSU. The fire that would add to the LSU/Bama or Auburn/Bama rivalry. How can you not root for that?

I don't see him going to Kentucky or NC State or a smaller school. I could possibly see Houston, but I doubt it. I think he wants a bigger platform for his ego.

I think Houston will be a more attractive option whenever they are added to the Big 12, which is just a matter of time for that to happen. But I agree that if Auburn or LSU came calling, he would choose either of them first.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
He's already quit recruiting for bama. I know he won't be there next year. I don't see auburn hiring damaged goods. Someones gonna hire him though.
He is exactly damaged goods. The only place I see Kiffin landing at is Fresno State.
As for Auburn, they could either take another shot at Petrino or bring back Tommy Tuberville. They shouldn't have ran him out of town in the first place.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is exactly damaged goods. The only place I see Kiffin landing at is Fresno State.
As for Auburn, they could either take another shot at Petrino or bring back Tommy Tuberville. They shouldn't have ran him out of town in the first place.

We keep saying damaged goods, and he is.. but what Head Coaching retread isn't damaged goods. They keep getting rehired. He is relatively young for his profession, and has lead a successful offense in two major programs. Had a decent season as HC at Tennesse and was a failure at USC. The Raiders tenure who knows what happened their, due to all the bs that used to come out of that place. I'm not a Kiffin fan, but someone will take a shot on him.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking about this recently. I'm wondering if he will try to ride it out with Saban in hopes of taking over there. If I were with Bama I wouldn't want him as a head coach. ...and if I were Kiffin I wouldn't want to stay with Saban and get those :moon: chewings, but the thought occurred to me that he might just keep rolling there and try to take over.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say he's been humbled, but he's still and arrogant guy and would rather use Bama to bounce back. If that's the case, as soon as he gets his reputation repaired a bit and gets offered the opportunity, he'll take the next opportunity for prestige and big paycheck.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This moron has sucked at three head coaching gigs. Why would anyone hire this idiot?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have a friend whos a die hard auburn fan and still wishes they would have kept tubberville. Idk if he would take the fresno job. These days a sec coordinators can make more money than a hc in whatever conference theyre in. I could see him taking the west Virginia job but idk if they would hire a coach thats been fired before.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
What is with West Virginia and alcoholic coaches? Huggins and Holgerson.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
What is with West Virginia and alcoholic coaches? Huggins and Holgerson.

MTM1MTQ1NjY0Mjc0NzcwNTYz.jpg

Did you have to ask?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This moron has sucked at three head coaching gigs. Why would anyone hire this idiot?
Agreed, he's done nothing but embarrass 3 schools. I could see him going the NFL route again - he has no business being a HC in college. He really has no business being a HC at all. And honestly, he's way overrated even as a coordinator. Ever notice how coordinators under Saban are all great? It's because they are working for Saban, who demands nothing but the best, and gives you the best athletes in the country to do it. After they leave they often aren't so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator