Predict the rest of the schedule

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was the first game of the season and we looked like crap in the second half, momentum never came back to us after the blocked punt and then missed field goal. This place looked and said the same crap after our UT meltdown last year and we finished the year with an East title and good bowl win. It'll be a 9 win season just like years past and everyone will be going in their pants August of next year just like they were a few weeks ago.

We don't have the defense this year to compensate for a terrible offense, and we needed a good offense just to win 8 or 9 games. I think we have the talent to win those games but not the confidence. Mac isn't just losing games. He's losing the the team. I'm thinking this will be a 5 win season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's worse. I really hope I'm wrong.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have the defense this year to compensate for a terrible offense, and we needed a good offense just to win 8 or 9 games. I think we have the talent to win those games but not the confidence. Mac isn't just losing games. He's losing the the team. I'm thinking this will be a 5 win season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's worse. I really hope I'm wrong.

We also played without arguably our 2 best offensive weapons. What happens to Bama without Bo Scarbrough and Calvin Ridley against FSU? People need to step away from the ledge! We will go out, get the ship righted this week, beat UT the following week and then people can take their head out of the oven.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We also played without arguably our 2 best offensive weapons. What happens to Bama without Bo Scarbrough and Calvin Ridley against FSU? People need to step away from the ledge! We will go out, get the ship righted this week, beat UT the following week and then people can take their head out of the oven.

Do you honestly believe that the game would be any different if Scarlett and Calloway played? Maybe they get an extra first down or two but that's about it. Our offense was 100+ with them playing last year, so it's not like their presence suddenly makes the offense good.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We don't play enough offenses with real firepower to take advantage of the fact our defense is weaker. Our team looked like crap, but our schedule is pretty weak.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Do you honestly believe that the game would be any different if Scarlett and Calloway played? Maybe they get an extra first down or two but that's about it. Our offense was 100+ with them playing last year, so it's not like their presence suddenly makes the offense good.
Yes I do! Football is one of the most mental games out there and missing some of your best weapons that make your role easier puts pressure on a team. Hammond is garbage and the only true set of hands we had was Cleveland. Combine that with zero run game and its pretty easy to see why we gave up when we did.

Big game, lots of setbacks prior and during the game, these guys will get it right and we will be fine.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is setting up so much like Zook's last season. Wouldn't be shocked if we cancel the game this weekend, one that we really need to get our feet underneath us, and have to go straight into tennessee. A loss there and we are officially spiraling. If we can get our bearings this weekend, I think we can win 8 games.

And if' we're smart, we'll have the Freshmen DT's getting some serious reps this week. We have no chance with the subpar talent along our DL right now. May as well bite the bullet because we'll need it against Lsu, uga and fsu to have any shot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We've lived on borrowed time w/ this staff and it may be time to pay up. The 13-7 wins vs. the Vandy's and the overtime games vs. the FAU's on our schedule will easily become losses w/ the defense we have in 2017.....while fielding a similar (or worse) offense. ANY team that can get to 20+ points has the capability to beat UF in 2017. There's no telling which offense will show up on any given Saturday. Sure, Michigan has a good defense....but so do many of the teams on our schedule. So if these teams can shut us down, even to the point where we're gaining 350 yards of total offense, that will only translate to 14-24 points or so vs. "real" teams. We could lose to any team on our schedule except Colorado State and UAB. I don't think that happens, but it could. My guess is we get to 6 wins. Against who? Who knows. But we'll get blown out at least 3 more times....and possibly lose a couple of close, ugly games to teams we have no business losing to (like Kentucky, Missouri, or Vandy).

This is setting up so much like Zook's last season. Wouldn't be shocked if we cancel the game this weekend, one that we really need to get our feet underneath us, and have to go straight into tennessee. A loss there and we are officially spiraling. If we can get our bearings this weekend, I think we can win 8 games.

And if' we're smart, we'll have the Freshmen DT's getting some serious reps this week. We have no chance with the subpar talent along our DL right now. May as well bite the bullet because we'll need it against Lsu, uga and fsu to have any shot.

We also need to bench Zuniga and let Sherit or Polite be the starter....and get more of the reps. Zuniga had 5 sacks against a bunch of nobodies last year and all of a sudden people think he's a great DE. He's too soft, gets push inside and leaves the edge open for big gains. He's a one-trick pony, so use him on passing downs only. Kid needs to add 20 pounds before he's ever on the field on first down again!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I do! Football is one of the most mental games out there and missing some of your best weapons that make your role easier puts pressure on a team. Hammond is garbage and the only true set of hands we had was Cleveland. Combine that with zero run game and its pretty easy to see why we gave up when we did.

Big game, lots of setbacks prior and during the game, these guys will get it right and we will be fine.

I think Callaway was the only real big loss but with how our blocking went it wouldn't have mattered anyway. For the difference Scarlett would have made see the last Bama game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats cute. I keep hearing Ole Butterteeth will fix it soon.

Scarlett and Callaway have been available most of the last 29 games and the Butterfense has still been nonexistent.

There is no ledge, just reality. You should try it. I know you wont.

Well, there is a ledge, and Butterteeth is going to be tossed off it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really? What did you see that nobody else did?

Most of our schedule is as toothless on offense as we are. The SEC East is where offensive football has gone to die. USCe might be the best offense in the division.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
As I see it:

N Colorado: Cancelled

Sure Losses:
FSU, LSU, UGA (ranked higher than us)

Probable Losses:
Tenn (ranked higher in Coaches Poll), USC (road game)

Toss-up:
TAMU, UK (home games)

Probable Wins:
Vandy, Mizzou, UAB

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As I see it:

Sure Losses:

Probable Losses:

Toss-up:
TAMU, UK (home games)

Probable Wins:
Vandy, Mizzou, UAB
I put Mizzou in toss up and Tennessee and USC as probable losses. I just don't know how you win without scoring points. but we've had two straight coaches who tried it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As I see it:

Sure Losses:

Probable Losses:

Toss-up:
TAMU, UK (home games)

Probable Wins:
Vandy, Mizzou, UAB
No way mizzo is a probable win. I personaly think we lose b/c its in their house. I'll compromise and say toss-up but there aint no way its a probable win. As for tamu, they were killing a solid team with a phenomenal qb until their own qb went down and the playcalling went full retard. Theyll have the qb situation under control by the time they show up in gville, this will be a loss as well.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I think we could lose all but one Conf. game and that's Vandy. N. Colorado gonna get cancelled so that was a win that we needed. No bowl and 4 wins maybe. Complete meltdown and another 10 year setback.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No way mizzo is a probable win. I personaly think we lose b/c its in their house. I'll compromise and say toss-up but there aint no way its a probable win. As for tamu, they were killing a solid team with a phenomenal qb until their own qb went down and the playcalling went full retard. Theyll have the qb situation under control by the time they show up in gville, this will be a loss as well.

Typically, you'd consider 3 big opponents losing their starting QB and think that would shape up well for you. As it is though, they all have ample time to get things straight before they play us. But yeah, I've not felt great about that A&M game from the beginning. The only positive is that our young defense will also have some time to grow up by then. I'd call it a tossup because it's in Gville, and hopefully we've improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.