Predicting Florida's 2017 Record

If Will Grier is never suspended, is Butters still head coach in 2018?

• Yes

Votes: 55 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
8-4 is our ceiling IMO.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ten wins is my optimistic projection. If we have a rash of injuries all bets are off.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
9 - 4 - losses to meatchicken, corndogs, clowns and 'bammer in the SEC champ game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
7-5 if Franks or LDR is the QB.

8-4 if Zaire is the QB.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
8-4 is our ceiling IMO.
8-4 is more like the UF floor.

UF can not lose to Northern Colorado, UAB, UK, UMo, aTm, SoCar, Vandy and UTn. UF has more talent than each of those programs and it is a sign of bad coaching to lose any of those games. Those are the 8 wins floor.

UF has equal talent to UGa, FSU, LSU, Michigan. Split those as UF should, and UF is 10-2. Splitting is being pessimistic as 2 are home games and 2 are neutral site games.

So the way I see it anything worse than 10-2 is a coaching failure this season.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

UF can not lose to Northern Colorado, UAB, UK, UMo, aTm, SoCar, Vandy and UTn. UF has more talent than each of those programs and it is a sign of bad coaching to lose any of those games. Those are the 8 wins floor.

UF has equal talent to UGa, FSU, LSU, Michigan. Split those as UF should, and UF is 10-2. Splitting is being pessimistic as 2 are home games and 2 are neutral site games.

In what universe do we have equal talent to FSU?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015

Tn beat us last year and should have won the year before but we got extremely lucky that a 5 yard curl W outer turned into a 60 yard td. If you think that's a lock game you are sadly mistaken. Is it a game we could win absolutely but to go ahead and put a W next to that game is not rational thinking.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In a universe where you look at the players on the rosters of the two teams.
Last four classes...

UF - 9, 14, 23, 8

FSU - 5, 2, 3, 4

I would like to take you seriously but I cannot. If you think that is anything close to equal...give me some of what you are taking...please and thank you.

Edit: And that 8 was Chumps and a lot of that talent is gone. Mac is going to be exposed this year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Last four classes...

UF - 9, 14, 23, 8

FSU - 5, 2, 3, 4

I would like to take you seriously but I cannot. If you think that is anything close to equal...give me some of what you are taking...please and thank you.

Edit: And that 8 was Chumps and a lot of that talent is gone. Mac is going to be exposed this year.

Those classes you listed make my case. UF and FSU have roughly the same talent level. Do you really know FSU retains more talent from the class 4 years ago than UF? Do you really know how much difference is there between the 5th rated class and the 9th rated class in the same year? Are you arguing that recruiting rankings in football are so scientific, so exact, so perfect that you know that the 5th rated group is vastly more talented than the 9th rated group? Do you know that football rosters contain 80 to 85 scholarship players and yet teams play about 45 or so players during the year?

McElwain may be exposed this year. That is somewhat my point. As I said 8-4 is the floor of acceptablity and really average coaching should get UF to 10-2.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Tn beat us last year and should have won the year before but we got extremely lucky that a 5 yard curl W outer turned into a 60 yard td. If you think that's a lock game you are sadly mistaken. Is it a game we could win absolutely but to go ahead and put a W next to that game is not rational thinking.

What about 2014, we were lucky as hell to win that one 10-9. Tennessee choked 2 years in a row against us.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Those classes you listed make my case. UF and FSU have roughly the same talent level.

No they do not. Feel free to ask the pumpers and they will disagree with you. Ask ground and get back to me.

Not sure where you took a wrong turn on this one but dude...come on.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No they do not. Feel free to ask the pumpers and they will disagree with you. Ask ground and get back to me.

Not sure where you took a wrong turn on this one but dude...come on.
He might be one of those it's a top 10 class so they must all be really good players. FSU has had borderline #1 classes over the last few years. They pull really good talent year in year out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
7-5

*Michigan (in Dallas) - L
Northern Colorado - W
Tennessee - W
@ Kentucky - L
Vanderbilt - W
Louisiana State - L
Texas A&M - W
*Georgia (in Jacksonville) - L
@ Missouri - W
@ South Carolina - W
Alabama Birmingham - W
Florida State - L

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator