Predicting that next week's starter at QB will be . . .

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
. . . Driskel! Despite turnovers, he kept us in the game and had a few good throws, which in Muschamp's view will be more than enough justification to start Driskel.
In the words of Donald Rumsfeld, Muschamp is going to stick with the "known unknown" that is Driskel unless he gets hurt or has another anemic performance.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bet money jeffy will trot out there on 1st down. In muschamp world, driskel played like a heisman candidate tonight.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At this point is doesn't matter because Muschamp isn't a good head coach. Treon is very talented, but will waste away as long as CM is leading this team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n76689 said:
I'll bet money jeffy will trot out there on 1st down. In muschamp world, driskel played like a heisman candidate tonight.

Yep he will probably focus on Westbrook's drop when the issue of Driskel's play is brought up again.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Treon doesnt get a shot next week Muschamp has given up on being the coach at Florida. If he wants to ride Driskel for the rest of the season it will be into the sunset.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure who the next head coach will pick...

RebelGator

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n76683 said:
I think he may actually start Harris.

You really think those 17 yards of career passing will put him over the top?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Oh, Driskel will start no doubt. He looked like a hero since one of his floated passes down field was actually caught, the first one all year, statistically it was bound to happen eventually and it happened tonight which makes his performance to people like Ray Finkle think he did a swell job, forgetting that he had 3 turnovers including the boneheaded decision to force a five yard slant into 2 defenders with the clock running and no timeouts in his "clutch" moment.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Driskel did exactly what I was worried about. He played decent enough to ensure that he starts next week. Hopefully he's on a very tight leash if that happens... Honestly it's time to move on with Treon. If we want to have any shot at the East this year he needs to get his reps in. Somehow we still control our own destiny despite our terrible product on the field.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could give a **** who starts at qb mark my ****in words we will never win the east with muschamp as our head coach . We find a way to lose to any program worth a ****. We will be lucky to have 7 wins and we're probably the only SEC win LSU gets. Can't wait untill basketball season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n76717 said:
Driskel did exactly what I was worried about. He played decent enough to ensure that he starts next week. Hopefully he's on a very tight leash if that happens... Honestly it's time to move on with Treon. If we want to have any shot at the East this year he needs to get his reps in. Somehow we still control our own destiny despite our terrible product on the field.
But "Driskel gives us the best chance to win" :faint:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Durty South Swamp;76750 said:
But "Driskel gives us the best chance to win" :faint:
He did tonight. He messed up sure, but I think he made a lot of progress. If you ate listening to wm's presser you will hear that Treon will be our qb of the future. I support that call totally but I think Westbrook did JD a huge disservice tonight

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We win in spite of Driskel when we win. We were just able to hide him a lot in 2012 due to the great defense and ST.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Gator Fever;76795 said:
We win in spite of Driskel when we win. We were just able to hide him a lot in 2012 due to the great defense and ST.
I said in spite a few posts earlier so by no means burn me. I know JD is not he long term answer but he did make the right read and throw to win tonight

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Gator Fever;n76683 said:
You may be right. I'm surprised how much he talked about him at the start of the press conference.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
QueenCityGator;76816 said:
Gator Fever;n76683 said:
You may be right. I'm surprised how much he talked about him at the start of the press conference.
He talked a lot about Harris, I expect this to e Harris' team

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Sad state of affairs when words like decent enough are being thrown around. If Muschamp thinks our best chance of winning is turning the ball over almost as many times as points we have scored in the last couple games Foley should show him the door tonight to get it out of the way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're very, very lucky not to be 1-4.

I don't really care who plays. It's just a couple of weeks until we get this train back on the track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb