Pro Football Focus grades of our players in the Bama game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2014/10...ormance-grades

An interesting read. Some surprised me a little. Click the link for all the positions.

QB

Jeff Driskel | Grade: -3.7

Driskel's grade mirrored his performance two weekends ago, and negative 3.7 is baaaaad. He was given a -4.3 grade in the passing category while receiving a positive 0.5 in rushing (not a big deal). The breakdown also notes, "Driskel was 2-for-16 for 45 yards on passes thrown at least 10 yards down the field." Yikes...
RB

Matt Jones | Grade: -2.2
Kelvin Taylor | Grade: -1.6

I was kind of surprised these grades were this low. Jones' 3.1 YPC and Taylor's 2.8 averages surely hurt their overall performances, but the two only receiving 16 total carries is more troubling, in my opinion. Taylor's -1.1 pass block rating is a reason why fans calling for the young back aren't seeing him as much as they'd like. An increased workload and a non-Alabama front seven should allow them to rebound against Tennessee.
WR

Quinton Dunbar | Grade: -1.6
Demarcus Robinson | Grade: -0.7
Ahmad Fulwood | Grade: -0.2
Andre Debose | Grade: -0.6
Valdez Showers | Grade: 0.6

YAY, A POSITIVE GRADE! Showers was the only non-offensive lineman to receive a positive grade on Florida's offense. (Hint: That's bad.) Showers was also the only receiver to catch a touchdown. Dunbar's low grade can be credited to his crucial third-down drop. Robinson was abruptly thrown off his 15-catch, 216-yard high horse performance against Kentucky with just two catches for 14 yards against Alabama. Was it because Driskel didn't look his way when he was open? Partially. But maybe kinda sorta throwing your starting QB under the bus on Twitter after the game probably wasn't the correct way to respond, either.
OL

Chaz Green | Grade: -3.8
Trenton Brown | Grade: 2.7
Trip Thurman | Grade: -1.6
Max Garcia | Grade: -0.4
Tyler Moore | Grade: -3.6
Rod Johnson | Grade: 3.6

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
" Antonio Morrison has been bad, like, really bad, and it's trickling down into the rest of the unit. I thought losing weight this offseason would do Morrison some good (it was said he lost around 15 pounds to try and play lighter), but he's still just too slow. He's not instinctive enough to burst through running lanes, and he doesn't have the recovery speed to be trusted alone in coverage. Because of this, Mike Taylor is, at times, hung out to dry covering more space/gaps, and secondary players are then forced to keep an eye on bigger zones because Morrison's range is so limited. It's not good. I had hoped Jarrad Davis would be an above average reliever for most of the linebacker spots, but even he in this game drew negative ratings in run and pass defense. On a positive note, Neiron Ball received positive grades in both pass coverage and pass rushing."

I have thought that myself since Morrison played a lot of MLB last season and I think Taylor is questionable against Tenn which could be bad news. That TE of theirs will easily get open imo if Morrison ends up covering him on some plays.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66778 said:
I have thought that myself since Morrison played a lot of MLB last season and I think Taylor is questionable against Tenn which could be bad news. That TE of theirs will easily get open imo if Morrison ends up covering him on some plays.

Morrison from what i've noticed has gotten worse. Like he has no feel/instincts for the position.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66774 said:
Thought the Oline deserved higher grades but the rest seem pretty accurate.

Didn't focus on them much during the game but I wonder why Green scored low he seemed to play decent to me but maybe I missed the bad plays.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66783 said:
Didn't focus on them much during the game but I wonder why Green scored low he seemed to play decent to me but maybe I missed the bad plays.

Green was pushed back a few times, and let a free rusher go (if I remember right), but over all I thought it was solid. Then again, I think we all might be viewing this as compared to last years dissappointing performance from the Oline.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66789 said:
Green was pushed back a few times, and let a free rusher go (if I remember right), but over all I thought it was solid. Then again, I think we all might be viewing this as compared to last years dissappointing performance from the Oline.

I went to the site and they mostly just grade pro games but do a college game here and there I guess. Bama had quite a few players score really high. The linemen blocking Fowler many times scored pretty high and that SS of theirs did also besides the obvious ones. They said Maye was the only defender we had not dinged for a missed tackle.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66795 said:
I went to the site and they mostly just grade pro games but do a college game here and there I guess. Bama had quite a few players score really high. The linemen blocking Fowler many times scored pretty high and that SS of theirs did also besides the obvious ones. They said Maye was the only defender we had not dinged for a missed tackle.

Bama is still a extremely well coached team, and it doesn't surprise me after the performance they would be graded pretty good.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I've said over and over... Linebacker is a disaster. We haven't gotten 5 star talent there since Spikes. Not even solid 4 start talent since that group, except for maybe McMillan. And we got no linebackers in last year's class.

This year's linebacker class is critical and we have around 4 or 5 really solid 4 star kids that have either committed or could commit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And, sigh...

Fun fact: Marcus Maye was the only defensive starter to not record one of Florida's 30 missed tackles against Alabama.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n66804 said:
As I've said over and over... Linebacker is a disaster. We haven't gotten 5 star talent there since Spikes. Not even solid 4 start talent since that group, except for maybe McMillan. And we got no linebackers in last year's class.

This year's linebacker class is critical and we have around 4 or 5 really solid 4 star kids that have either committed or could commit.

I wonder what Anzalone etc. are doing when they are out there ? Can they be worse than Morrison is at times ?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, guess what,..we lost the Bama game.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Seems about right. And yes, pumpers tend to "miss the bad plays". In some cases, there is nothing else. Not saying you are one.....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n66808 said:
Seems about right. And yes, pumpers tend to "miss the bad plays". In some cases, there is nothing else. Not saying you are one.....

Who exactly has missed the bad plays... seems just about everyone if not every one has said the Alabama was a cluster****.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Interesting to see how the NFL quantitates performance

our scores are reflective of a team that got dominated...see 645 yds of offense

so we have a chance to improve those scores...hopefully saturday in the checker board square world

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie78- Number 1, I wasn't addressing you specifically, so get over yourself. Number 2, you haven't been looking very hard.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n66817 said:
Dougie78- Number 1, I wasn't addressing you specifically, so get over yourself. Number 2, you haven't been looking very hard.

Wasn't talking about myself. But nice deflecting by going to my ego. Childish, but nice. I have been looking, I don't see much of anyone saying it wasn't a cluster****. So again, where do you see this, saying that I'm not looking is not evidence to answer the question.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Again, not talking to you. Are you lonely? Help is out there.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66810 said:
Who exactly has missed the bad plays... seems just about everyone if not every one has said the Alabama was a cluster****.
yes but if you don't say it with pure hate and show any sense that it didn't ruin your life then you are a pumper.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n66828 said:
yes but if you don't say it with pure hate and show any sense that it didn't ruin your life then you are a pumper.

Was he talking to you Dude? Because he wasn't talking to me, so I won't get an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator