Projected finish in the East (it ain't first)

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think we win the EAST, but we will be in a heated race with Georgia imo. Alot of people are predicting Florida second in the east, because Georgia does return a lot of starters and has a potential budding star in Eason. Yet, we beat him last year, so we should feel confident going into that game.
Alot of people don't realize the potential of this FLorida offense. We have depth and playmakers all over the field and with Zaire and Franks competing we'll have good depth and competition at QB also (dont sleep on trask or toney or allen!). In additon, the defense will be just fine imo. Our secondary will be nasty again led by Harris chuancy and dawson, and we have depth and competition in the LBers group and dline. I think you'll see some budding stars show up this year on defense. Expect Bryan and Clark to have huge years at NT and DT playing side by side. SO yes, imo it comes down to the WLOCP in Jax. We win there i think we win the east. Tennessee loses too much this year and we'll want revenge for last year (a game we shouldve won). Also, we get LSU at home which is very winnable and play Texas a&m which imo is better than getting Bama or Auburn as an sec west opponent. Also, have FSU at home this year which i think will be a very competitive game could go either way depending on momentum/injuries. The Michigan game could be a momentum killer or springboard. They are beatable, and I think we have a better total roster than theirs based off who they lost. The one game I circle as being a potential letdown is Kentucky. We should beat them but they do have a decent QB and proven depth. We cant look past them.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think we win the EAST, but we will be in a heated race with Georgia imo. Alot of people are predicting Florida second in the east, because Georgia does return a lot of starters and has a potential budding star in Eason. Yet, we beat him last year, so we should feel confident going into that game.
Alot of people don't realize the potential of this FLorida offense. We have depth and playmakers all over the field and with Zaire and Franks competing we'll have good depth and competition at QB also (dont sleep on trask or toney or allen!). In additon, the defense will be just fine imo. Our secondary will be nasty again led by Harris chuancy and dawson, and we have depth and competition in the LBers group and dline. I think you'll see some budding stars show up this year on defense. Expect Bryan and Clark to have huge years at NT and DT playing side by side. SO yes, imo it comes down to the WLOCP in Jax. We win there i think we win the east. Tennessee loses too much this year and we'll want revenge for last year (a game we shouldve won). Also, we get LSU at home which is very winnable and play Texas a&m which imo is better than getting Bama or Auburn as an sec west opponent. Also, have FSU at home this year which i think will be a very competitive game could go either way depending on momentum/injuries. The Michigan game could be a momentum killer or springboard. They are beatable, and I think we gave a better total roster than theirs based off who they lost. The one game I circle as being a potential letdown is Kentucky. We should beat them but they do have a decent QB and proven depth. We cant look past them.

Did we lose anybody?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:mac:

Play the games. There are so many variables and the odds aren't that different for the contenders. Play the games and [try to] enjoy them.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Where is all this supposed depth on defense that 4224 is referring to?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Alot of people don't realize the potential of this FLorida offense. We have depth and playmakers all over the field and with Zaire and Franks competing we'll have good depth and competition at QB also (dont sleep on trask or toney or allen!). In additon, the defense will be just fine imo. Our secondary will be nasty again led by Harris chuancy and dawson, and we have depth and competition in the LBers group and dline. I think you'll see some budding stars show up this year on defense. Expect Bryan and Clark to have huge years at NT and DT playing side by side. SO yes, imo it comes down to the WLOCP in Jax. We win there i think we win the east. Tennessee loses too much this year and we'll want revenge for last year (a game we shouldve won). Also, we get LSU at home which is very winnable and play Texas a&m which imo is better than getting Bama or Auburn as an sec west opponent. Also, have FSU at home this year which i think will be a very competitive game could go either way depending on momentum/injuries. The Michigan game could be a momentum killer or springboard. They are beatable, and I think we gave a better total roster than theirs based off who they lost. The one game I circle as being a potential letdown is Kentucky. We should beat them but they do have a decent QB and proven depth. We cant look past them.
I hope the Gators beat Michigan by 35 points. Michigan is the most overrated team in the country. It won't matter in the SEC standings, but it will feel great!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alot of people don't realize the potential of this FLorida offense. We have depth and playmakers all over the field and with Zaire and Franks competing we'll have good depth and competition at QB also (dont sleep on trask or toney or allen!). In additon, the defense will be just fine imo. Our secondary will be nasty again led by Harris chuancy and dawson, and we have depth and competition in the LBers group and dline. I think you'll see some budding stars show up this year on defense. Expect Bryan and Clark to have huge years at NT and DT playing side by side. SO yes, imo it comes down to the WLOCP in Jax. We win there i think we win the east. Tennessee loses too much this year and we'll want revenge for last year (a game we shouldve won).
I was reading along and feeling a bit more optimistic, until I got to this part and realized you're either clueless, insane or living by a river in Egypt (da Nile).

Last edited:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I was reading along and feeling a bit more optimistic, until I got to this part and realized you're either clueless, insane or loving by a river in Egypt (da Nile).
I dont think it's outrageous to say that we shouldve won that game. At halftime, the game was 21-3 in favor of UF. We were up, and just blew it honestly. No way around it. we had Tennessee on the ropes and just gave in for whatever reason.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think it's outrageous to say that we shouldve won that game. At halftime, the game was 21-3 in favor of UF. We were up, and just blew it honestly. No way around it. we had Tennessee on the ropes and just gave in for whatever reason.
They beat the sh*t out of us. It wasn't close.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you bolded the part about the game vs. Tenn last year, so I think thats what youre referring to in your comment. I dont think it's outrageous to say that we shouldve won that game. At halftime, the game was 21-3 in favor of UF. We were up, and just blew it honestly. No way around it. we had Tennessee on the ropes and just gave in for whatever reason.
Good thing Ole Butterz started running out the clock and playing prevent defense, huh?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Where is all this supposed depth on defense that 4224 is referring to?
1c7mp0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.