Pumper Sympathy Thread

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Being a Gator Football Fan doesn't bring much joy into my life right now and it does appear that some people on this board are having more fun than I with the results.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
First you say that you aren't gloating and then you start calling me out by name and talking about taking lumps. I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Our offense was horrible and it was disheartening to watch to say the least. I'm glad you have found a way to find some joy in it.
Hold on...joy? Somehow you trying to turn this on me?

How's the direction of our program? Don't try to weasel out. You're being a little b!tch now that you see Mac is worthless.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure about the timing. I was busy working all weekend and some old friends came into town and I had some really, really late nights with more than a few beverages involved. I may have checked in for a few minutes.

After that loss the last thing on my mind was compounding it with all the negativity around here. Honestly, if the offense doesn't get straightened out I probably won't be around here as much as in the past. It certainly won't be any fun if we are all doom and gloom. I don't think I could bring myself to watch that every week and then read 400 pages of gleeful dumpers giving each other high fives and doubling down on the "we suck" threads. We all need Mac to succeed.

Anyway, I am certainly not hiding from you.

Gleeful? I was so disappointed. So sick to my stomach. Disgusted. You have no f ing clue how I was either on here or at my house.

Take your holier than thou attitude and shove up your ass. Admit that Mac is in over his head instead of attacking people that were right about that loser.

ANd hey, if you are going to lose your job when he gets fired then I feel bad and I am sorry for your job loss.

Either way buck up lil camper. Just own it. You're a good poster outside of the Mac love.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The offensive showing was inexcusable, but there are still some positives. The young DBs made freshman mistakes, but they are going to be very good. The defensive line showed promise if they can just contain the edges. I think Franks shows some promise as well. He looked awkward out there on the big stage in his first game, but he showed flashes.

There are always positives in every situation. The key is to not go through life ignoring them.

I agree with you that other than the freshman mistakes, Franks threw the ball well. I think he'll be a good QB... under a different coaching staff. It's very difficult to see any positives with this team when the coaching is this bad.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I could bring myself to watch that every week and then read 400 pages of gleeful dumpers giving each other high fives and doubling down on the "we suck" threads. We all need Mac to succeed.
Quit whining. We've been subjected to your arrogant, self-righteous schtick for over a year, telling everyone who didn't worship mac that they were totally in the wrong, and were miserable people in life.

And now, instead of admitting you were dead wrong about mac and the team, you're just doubling down on your 'all of you are miserable' narrative, and adding a new flavor consisting of 'all of you are happy the gators suck' to it.

Pathetic.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
P.S. - WE dont need mac to succeed, you do. WE need the gators to succeed. And its a dead certainty that the gators succeeding and mac getting his azz canned are directly associated.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quit whining. We've been subjected to your arrogant, self-righteous schtick for over a year, telling everyone who didn't worship mac that they were totally in the wrong, and were miserable people in life.

And now, instead of admitting you were dead wrong about mac and the team, you're just doubling down on your 'all of you are miserable' narrative, and adding a new flavor consisting of 'all of you are happy the gators suck' to it.

Pathetic.

Quit stealing time Durty...

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
YEAH, finding a couple nuggets of debatable positives in that game doesnt mean he will get it turned around. So far he has not shown any indication he will, in 3 damn years

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
If the offense stays that bad, Mac could very well get fired at the end of this season. That would likely mean all the recruits we have lined up go elsewhere. We really need Mac to turn this thing around in a hurry.

This I agree is the ideal outcome, Mac figures it out and turns things around. But I have zero confidence that he will. Our AD needs to be looking for that homerun hire that can hang on to the recruits.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Surprisingly, Mike Bianchi has sympathy for the pumpers.....
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...wain-michigan-suspensions-20170904-story.html

"There has been nobody more critical than me of Florida Gators coach Jim McElwain’s offense, but being critical is far different from being irrational.

Those frenzied, foaming-at-the-mouth UF fans on social media are embarrassing themselves and their program by calling for McElwain’s job after Saturday’s 33-17 loss to Michigan.

Is this what it’s come to?

So-called fans are calling for a successful head coach’s job after one game — a game in which his team was playing one of the premier programs in the country while at an incredible disadvantage?

Are you people insane?

Then again, I guess the Gators should be thankful they aren’t Texas A&M, where board of regents member Tony Buzbee went on social media and demanded coach Kevin Sumlin be fired after the Aggies blew a 34-point lead in the third quarter Sunday night and lost to UCLA 45-44.

“Our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again," Buzbee wrote on Facebook. "I'm only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO. In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.”

I’m starting to believe Orlando City coach Jason Kreis was right when he told me recently why he no longer goes on social media.

“Everybody is going to have an opinion and social media gives too many people too big of an outlet to have those opinions,” Kreis said.

Sadly, I actually knew this was going to happen to McElwain, who, for whatever reason, is still not overly popular among UF’s spoiled fan base. As I wrote before the game on Saturday, “If the Gators lose to Michigan — and, worse yet, if they get clobbered by the Wolverines — the noise in the system will get turned up to 10 on McElwain’s program. The loss obviously would be magnified by the 10 players’ suspensions and the growing perception McElwain’s program is filled with miscreants and malcontents.”

That’s exactly what has transpired. The social media mob has been relentless in their criticism of McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier.

While I will agree that Nussmeier has been terrible as an offensive coordinator, I can’t understand the constant criticism of McElwain. He has, after all, taken UF to two straight SEC Championship games, made the Gators relevant again and seems to have turned the corner in recruiting.

Yes, his first two UF teams have been destroyed by Alabama in consecutive SEC Championship games, but doesn’t Alabama pretty much destroy everybody (see Saturday night against FSU).

Granted, the loss to Michigan was a downer, but let’s not forget the Gators had ten — that’s right, TEN — players suspended from the game, including their two most potent offensive weapons (wide receiver Antonio Callaway and running back Jordan Scarlett).

At least give McElwain some credit for suspending the players from the Michigan game before they have actually been charged with any crime. As I wrote before the game, he could have easily pulled the old college football coaching trick of saying, “We’re going to wait for the judicial process to play itself out.”

There’s no doubt McElwain must significantly improve the offense, but give the man a chance to do his job without calling for him to lose his job after one lousy game.

One question for the inane and insane social media mob out there:

Who exactly do you think the Gators could hire that’s any better than Jim McElwain?"

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The terd has a point about Mac's willingness to suspend players quickly vice pulling a booby b (notice he didn't name bb, the father of non-disciplinary excuses). However, I can't believe he stuck up for nuss in any way at all.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Granted, the loss to Michigan was a downer, but let’s not forget the Gators had ten — that’s right, TEN — players suspended from the game, including their two most potent offensive weapons (wide receiver Antonio Callaway and running back Jordan Scarlett).

At least give McElwain some credit for suspending the players from the Michigan game before they have actually been charged with any crime. As I wrote before the game, he could have easily pulled the old college football coaching trick of saying, “We’re going to wait for the judicial process to play itself out.”

There’s no doubt McElwain must significantly improve the offense, but give the man a chance to do his job without calling for him to lose his job after one lousy game.

Who exactly do you think the Gators could hire that’s any better than Jim McElwain?"

The Gators can get any damn coach they want except maybe Saban or Harbaugh. They just have to open up their tight @ss wallets for a change. That said...

If he's going to save his job, he HAS to take over the in-game play calling, or fire Nuss and hire someone else who can do a better job, and yes I mean right fv<king now! Nuss is a terrible in-game play caller. And to be honest, it looks like he's crappy at preparing a team for a game too. We look like a bunch of kids playing sandlot football out there. We don't look prepared. We don't look like we even practice at all. It's the HC's job to make the program work. He's got a broken cog in the wheel and won't replace it. He'll fail if he continues to be hard headed about it. That much any fool can see by now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Surprisingly, Mike Bianchi has sympathy for the pumpers.....
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...wain-michigan-suspensions-20170904-story.html

"There has been nobody more critical than me of Florida Gators coach Jim McElwain’s offense, but being critical is far different from being irrational.

Those frenzied, foaming-at-the-mouth UF fans on social media are embarrassing themselves and their program by calling for McElwain’s job after Saturday’s 33-17 loss to Michigan.

Is this what it’s come to?

So-called fans are calling for a successful head coach’s job after one game — a game in which his team was playing one of the premier programs in the country while at an incredible disadvantage?

Are you people insane?

Then again, I guess the Gators should be thankful they aren’t Texas A&M, where board of regents member Tony Buzbee went on social media and demanded coach Kevin Sumlin be fired after the Aggies blew a 34-point lead in the third quarter Sunday night and lost to UCLA 45-44.

“Our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again," Buzbee wrote on Facebook. "I'm only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO. In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.”

I’m starting to believe Orlando City coach Jason Kreis was right when he told me recently why he no longer goes on social media.

“Everybody is going to have an opinion and social media gives too many people too big of an outlet to have those opinions,” Kreis said.

Sadly, I actually knew this was going to happen to McElwain, who, for whatever reason, is still not overly popular among UF’s spoiled fan base. As I wrote before the game on Saturday, “If the Gators lose to Michigan — and, worse yet, if they get clobbered by the Wolverines — the noise in the system will get turned up to 10 on McElwain’s program. The loss obviously would be magnified by the 10 players’ suspensions and the growing perception McElwain’s program is filled with miscreants and malcontents.”

That’s exactly what has transpired. The social media mob has been relentless in their criticism of McElwain and offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier.

While I will agree that Nussmeier has been terrible as an offensive coordinator, I can’t understand the constant criticism of McElwain. He has, after all, taken UF to two straight SEC Championship games, made the Gators relevant again and seems to have turned the corner in recruiting.

Yes, his first two UF teams have been destroyed by Alabama in consecutive SEC Championship games, but doesn’t Alabama pretty much destroy everybody (see Saturday night against FSU).

A sht article written by a sht sports journalist. If we had won he'd be writing articles talking about what total trash the team looked like doing it. This clown is a 1 trick pony, find out what the majority opinion is, then trash them and chide them for it, then develop some fallacious narrative to back himself up. Case in point, he notes bama trashing us but then says they trashed fsu as well. But you know what he didnt say? fsu has trashed us every time as well, and each time its been worse than bama's trashing. You think he didnt realize this or it was an oversite on his part? Please. This garbage gets ppl pissed off and gets him clicks. B*tchanki doesn't mean a thing he says, ever. He's just a predictable tool trying to generate emotion for clicks. F him.

Oh, one more thing. The reason bianki, his choade friend he mentioned, and the majority of media people in general are always castigating private citizens who voice their stances on social media is for one reason only. They are pissed that SM has allowed regular people a public platform. These tools hate that, resent normal ppl from having a voice, look down on them as common peasants, believe that they are the gatekeepers of info and that only they are worthy of having a platform to broadcast it. It's pompous arrogance, nothing more.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i like mike.............always have.............He must be doing something right cause he pizzes so many off.......

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i like mike.............always have.............He must be doing something right cause he pizzes so many off.......
You're too ignorant to realize hes playing you. When florida is good or great, hes trashing us non stop. Did you like that too?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I read mike for years when he was local. At the Orlando paper it is rare. Whether you believe or not he is a gator.
Was born a gator and came here. Read between the tongue in cheek sometimes..............

But I do confess to ignorance on much stuff.............

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I read mike for years when he was local. At the Orlando paper it is rare. Whether you believe or not he is a gator.
Was born a gator and came here. Read between the tongue in cheek sometimes..............

But I do confess to ignorance on much stuff.............
he has written more hit pieces on the gators than anyone ive ever seen. and those have been aimed at the team, the coaches, and the fans... in pretty much every regime since spurrier. if he claims to be a gator, he's secretly wearing nole underpants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.