Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm giving you a "like" because you gave me a "dislike"... I feel like I am doing my job if I get that!
ATX, you're a good dude, but you have to admit you're grasping at straws with this "improvement" BS. :lol:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATX, you're a good dude, but you have to admit you're grasping at straws with this "improvement" BS. :lol:

I truly think he has improved the skill player talent (WR, RB). I truly think the OL is significantly better than where it was when he came in.

I truly have no idea if he can utilize that talent properly.

Think about this.. when was the last time we had 2 real NFL WR candidates starting opposite each other. Along with a NFL caliber RB.

Remember Meyer wanted us to be the fastest team... we lost our "speed" factor. Guys like Davis and Lemmons coming in as well as Massey... having that "speed" is an improvement over what we had with Muschamp.

Do I think we are at NC level... Absolutely not... we need a QB. To me that is the biggest piece and I am not at all confident that we have the QB and that is 100% on Mac at this point, but the talent around the QB has been greatly improved IMO.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I truly think he has improved the skill player talent (WR, RB). I truly think the OL is significantly better than where it was when he came in.

I truly have no idea if he can utilize that talent properly.

Think about this.. when was the last time we had 2 real NFL WR candidates starting opposite each other. Along with a NFL caliber RB.

Remember Meyer wanted us to be the fastest team... we lost our "speed" factor. Guys like Davis and Lemmons coming in as well as Massey... having that "speed" is an improvement over what we had with Muschamp.

Do I think we are at NC level... Absolutely not... we need a QB. To me that is the biggest piece and I am not at all confident that we have the QB and that is 100% on Mac at this point, but the talent around the QB has been greatly improved IMO.

Hold on... nowhere in this thread did you mention that we suck. You're seriously guaranteeing a National Title this year??? You're such an irrational pumper!!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hold on... nowhere in this thread did you mention that we suck. You're seriously guaranteeing a National Title this year??? You're such an irrational pumper!!!

I've gone off my meds today and actually said Mac improved our talent!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac isn't heading his 3rd full season: there's no full season that hasn't occurred yet. He's had only had 2 full seasons. Stop with the 3 even 4 seasons at recruiting. Please, when Mac was hired in Nov.14, all the top recruits already had their established relationships. It was in no way a level field. The UF Program had a new HC from out west, UF's HC had yet to put together the complete coaching staff that these recruits insist on trusting?

The actual level-field recruiting is most validly shown by Mac's starters consisting majorly of redshirt freshmen and sophomores. (With the "name-dropped" 4 years recruiting, Mac's team would be stocked with seniors of his choosing??)

Due to the reasonableness of University employment practices, an HC will not be fired given only a chance to not have his own recruited players as seniors contributing. That means 4 years at the minimum. That is it, whether you or I hate who the University hired. Mac's getting 4 years, so we ought to be extending upbeat fanship so potential recruits & national pundits do not spread our fans reputation as badgering creeps. What kid would want to play in front of haters??

While the University "brass" wait an almost required 4 years, they (we) can hope Mac succeeds in his 3rd & 4th year? It's time to begin nourishing our very young Gator team with believing we're gonna win & win & win.

I like what you are cooking!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds about like most of our other QB recruiting battles. Late to the party for a player committed to another school. Not promising at all :facepalm:
I love the part about different UF coaches texting him every day saying we need him badly and dont have a QB.... which is true.

They should be desperate.

Tell me what kind of POS coaches cant flip a kid from Rape State or even---gasp--- Kintucky?Amazing we pay this clown for this.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love the part about different UF coaches texting him every day saying we need him badly and dont have a QB.... which is true.

They should be desperate.

Tell me what kind of POS coaches cant flip a kid from Rape State or even---gasp--- Kintucky?Amazing we pay this clown for this.

To be fair our coaches aren't the only coaches who have failed to flip either of these kids.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but we are the only top school that fails to land or flip any kids.

Amazing how we ended up with a top 10 class without landing any kids... and apparently we didn't flip anybody from Miami.

I agree we need to get more 5* players... nobody will argue that, but these type of statements are just ridiculous and not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.