Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Emory Jones

Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jones is immensely better than all of them. But I don’t want him to get any PT this year. Let’s get a functional OL in place before we put in our future. And that’s probably not happening for another year.
I hoped he was a bit bigger than 192#. Still if he is in fact better and he may very well be it's not uncommon for a better overall QB make a offensive line look better overall too...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EJ didn't look at all like a freshman. There was no hesitation. He displayed poise and command in the pocket.

I love seeing the arm cocked and ready to fire. He looks like he has "it." The touch will come in time. I seriously doubt he gets redshirted. We need him ready as soon as possible.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It’s not the best situation but we are better off than any year since 2012 with the exception of 2015... for half of that year.
It's a catch 22 in a way because we are in very good shape with skill position players(RB & WR) BUT if we can't find a way to pass downfield occasionally our backs will be running into 8 man fronts after the 3rd or 4th game....There is some hope but I'm kinda trying to avoid a letdown once we start playing legit competition.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
EJ didn't look at all like a freshman. There was no hesitation. He displayed poise and command in the pocket.

I love seeing the arm cocked and ready to fire. He looks like he has "it." The touch will come in time. I seriously doubt he gets redshirted. We need him ready as soon as possible.
Let's be honest though....he threw one right into the hands of the walk on LB and one that could have been a pick 6 if the DB had held onto the swing pass....

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It's a catch 22 in a way because we are in very good shape with skill position players(RB & WR) BUT if we can't find a way to pass downfield occasionally our backs will be running into 8 man fronts after the 3rd or 4th game....There is some hope but I'm kinda trying to avoid a letdown once we start playing legit competition.....
Don’t confuse me... I’m not expecting an amazing offense to double digit wins. Just think we’ll see some improvement over the last few years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest though....he threw one right into the hands of the walk on LB and one that could have been a pick 6 if the DB had held onto the swing pass....
The pick was deflected at the line. You didn't catch that?

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Emory Jones is the best QB on the roster. I hope he quickly learns the playbook so he can start by Tennessee week.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We're ****ed. Can only hope for that osu transfer or it's going to be a long season waiting on Jones to get up to speed. Trask is at best a scout team quarterback and he's noticeable better than Frank's.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We're ****ed. Can only hope for that osu transfer or it's going to be a long season waiting on Jones to get up to speed. Trask is at best a scout team quarterback and he's noticeable better than Frank's.
It's a strange situation.
Trask looks like he may be the best passer.......BUT no experience and no threat to run.
Franks can run.....BUT not a very accurate passer.
Jones looks like he can run a little and maybe throw it too....BUT has no experience AND needs to put on some size if he's gonna do Mullen's QB power's.....
May as well try to grab the OSU kid while were searching for a best option.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Screw the idea of bringing in the OSU kid. I think it's a bad idea. It's bad for him, it's bad for EJ, it's similar to bringing in Zaire a year ago.

It only adds to the confusion.

EJ is the man, the future of the program, our best hope for ending the abyss. We don't need a stop gap for a year. We need this kid in the weight room and film room all summer getting ready for the fall. The sooner, the better.

I suggest y'all start making odds for his first start. I say Nashville. Let's get NEXT going.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Screw the idea of bringing in the OSU kid. I think it's a bad idea. It's bad for him, it's bad for EJ, it's similar to bringing in Zaire a year ago.

EJ is the man, the future of the program, our best hope for ending the abyss. We don't a need a stop gap for a year. We need this kid in the weight room and film room all summer getting ready for the fall. The sooner, the better.

I suggest y'all start making odds for his first start. I say Nashville. Let's get NEXT going.

This.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never really thought that Trask could actually start until today.
LOL.... That is amazing. You watch Trash complete 50% of his passes (per announcers) and run for zero yards and it makes you think Trash won the job. Totally disconnected with reality.

Franks looked Frankish, missed some stupid stuff but he also ran for two TDs, was the leading rusher, gave the postgame speech and is clearly the only horse in the race.

THIS IS A DAN MULLINZ offense afterall. He even spent like ten minutes discussing how integral a running QB is.

EJ is the future, I agree. It is just a question of how long and whether he gets a small wildcat like Tebow package for this year or not.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

EJ is the man, the future of the program, our best hope for ending the abyss. We don't a need a stop gap for a year. We need this kid in the weight room and film room all summer getting ready for the fall. The sooner, the better.

Totally different. Zaire was a rental. This kid would be around for two years which would give EJ plenty of time to gain weight, learn the play book, and get confident with the playbook. I’d argue it would be ideal, not bad (assuming he lived up to the billing, of course)...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LOL.... That is amazing. You watch Trash complete 50% of his passes (per announcers) and run for zero yards and it makes you think Trash won the job. Totally disconnected with reality.

Franks looked Frankish, missed some stupid stuff but he also ran for two TDs, was the leading rusher, gave the postgame speech and is clearly the only horse in the race.

EJ is the future, I agree. It is just a question of how long and whether he gets a small wildcat like Tebow package for this year or not.

I don't think Trask is a world beater. Never did. Just going by what I see. He is a better passer than Franks. I think most here agree. I realize that after you have spent your last couple of years bashing a good gator and good kid, your unable to give credit where its due. If the season started tomorrow, Trask would likely win the job. I know how bad you hate to be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb