• Emory Jones

Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm unclear what greatness anyone sees here. He's slow and throws a wobbly ball. He's not an optimum fit IMO.

How many schools has he played for?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not predicting a top 10 offense but it will be an improvement over the BS we’ve rolled with the last 5 years. .
It has to be better than the shyt weve seen since 2009, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the season started tomorrow, Trask would likely win the job.
Thats insanity. That is your rage speaking.

The kid just ran for zero yards in an option offense. All while Mullinz talked about at least needing a willing runner.

He is ahead of Allen, who just needs to go, but he is gone too as soon as we add another couple of dual threat QBs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don't think Trask is a world beater. Never did. Just going by what I see. He is a better passer than Franks. I think most here agree. I realize that after you have spent your last couple of years bashing a good gator and good kid, your unable to give credit where its due. If the season started tomorrow, Trask would likely win the job. I know how bad you hate to be wrong.
Passing ability isn’t necessarily a trump card in this offense. An athletic semi-accurate passer will go a lot farther in this offense than a pure pocket passer with no threat of running.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats insanity. Seek help.

That isnyour rage speaking.

The kid just ran for zero yards, in an option offense.

He is ahead of Allen, who just needs to go, but he is gone too as soon as we add another couple of dual threat QBs.
Seriously, Law, you can't be lobbying for Franks. Please, anyone else. Toney, Goolsby, the guy selling popcorn. I can't handle another season of watching him wait in the pocket until everyone's covered.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015

The kid just ran for zero yards in an option offense. All while Mullinz talked about at least needing a willing runner.

Allen was really hard to watch. Dude is just not SEC caliber.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2012 was boring but efficient. Was ~40th in advanced stats. Not sure we reach that level of efficiency but we might surpass its traditional stats.
2012 was shyt. Run and only run and only effective for two games when we brought in extra tackles to play TE.

We didnt scare anyone, even directional schools.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Trask is a world beater. Never did. Just going by what I see. He is a better passer than Franks. I think most here agree. I realize that after you have spent your last couple of years bashing a good gator and good kid, your unable to give credit where its due. If the season started tomorrow, Trask would likely win the job. I know how bad you hate to be wrong.
Trask won’t start because he’s not a runner. He may be the better passer, but that’s secondary in this offense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is very dangerous. We have dstroyed several QBs already doing that.
None that were going to amount to anything.

Yes, I am aware it goes against the grain. I wasn't expecting much of anything from him today. I was damn near shocked by the poise and awareness he showed in limited action.

He gives the strong impression of knowing who is and what he's doing. He's instinctual. He's tremendously athletic.

I probably haven't described a true freshman in as glowing terms since Emmitt Smith.

Last edited:

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'm unclear what greatness anyone sees here. He's slow and throws a wobbly ball. He's not an optimum fit IMO.

How many schools has he played for?

God I miss Del Rio....I’m not kidding I loved that guy.

I don’t want to see us take another nomad/graduate project.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I say just take our lumps with Franks and bring EJ along slowly. He may be able to start at some point later in the season, but why risk ruining his confidence? It’s not like this roster is championship caliber and we’re just a QB away. We’re 2-3 years away from competing with the big boys and that’s dependent on the next recruiting class.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
2012 was shyt. Run and only run and only effective for two games when we brought in extra tackles to play TE.

We didnt scare anyone, even directional schools.
I don’t disagree but it worked for that team. That clock draining offense worked fine with a dominant defense. It was the Muschamp wet dream of a team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, Law, you can't be lobbying for Franks..
Im not lobbying for shyt. Im a weatherman. I am telling you what is going to happen.

I told you last year that Frank's wasn't ready. you tool bags said he was a world-beater and we were going to win as long as we got rid of LDR.

You said the same thing the year before with Treon.

if I were "lobbying" I would say Toney. Tony is accurate (historically) on short stuff, has enough arm for the longer-range stuff, and is a great runner. Of course if I had that kind of control I wouldn't have hired a spread option coach. we clearly aren't going in the direction of Toney yet. of course we didn't decide we needed Harvin at Wildcat and later Tebow until a few weeks into the season.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I agree with you for the most part. Your last sentence is just you being Swamp Donkey. lol

After what I saw today, there is little doubt in my mind Franks will start. He is the best option at QB until EJ is ready. He surprised me a bit today. My worry with franks was him lacking enough burst. I think he can run it well enough. He isn't EJ or JJ (if his commit sticks) though.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not lobbying for shyt. Im a weatherman. I am telling you what is going to happen.

if I were lobbying I would say...

I told you last year that Frank's wasn't ready. you tool bags said he was a world-beater and we were going to win as long as we got rid of LDR.

You said the same thing the year before with Treon.
I don't recall ANYONE describing Franks as a world beater. Aside from the Hail Mary, he had a miserable season. You're simply trying to pat yourself on the back.

This offense is going nowhere with Franks taking the snaps.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is obviously still the guy because of his experience and running ability even though he's average at best. Trask did well enough to let the coaches consider red-shirting EJ, but he didn't do well enough to usurp Franks. If Mullen is going to start a passing QB over a dual threat, then the passing QB has to be an exceptional passer compared to the others. I think Trask threw the ball a bit better today, but not good enough to make Mullen comfortable enough to not have a running QB.

Jones definitely has the most talent and potential of all the QBs, but he simply is not ready and probably won't be this fall. His inexperience is too noticeable, and he is still too small. He needs to gain at least 25 lbs to be ready for the SEC and then another 15 on top of that if he's going to run Mullen's offense the way he prefers.

The future seems bright, but we'll have to endure being average for a year or two first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.