Question about Romo

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So after having him as a commentator and watching about half a dozen games with him I have concluded that he knows the game perhaps better than anyone in the booth. Seems to me that he would be asset on any coaching staff, particularly with QB's.

Put aside your Cowboy hatred for a moment and comment objectively if you feel so inclined.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I said...........................................put your Cowboy hatred aside, just for a minute.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would bet he makes a ton more doing the booth gig than he would as a coach in any capacity. That, and it's probably a hell of a lot easier.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
So after having him as a commentator and watching about half a dozen games with him I have concluded that he knows the game perhaps better than anyone in the booth. Seems to me that he would be asset on any coaching staff, particularly with QB's.

Put aside your Cowboy hatred for a moment and comment objectively if you feel so inclined.

Agree. I enjoy his commentary, especially when we predicts the play before it happens. I like Collinsworth as well, but Romo is darn good.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard he was gonna rent Chip Kelly's place in Connetticut and peek out the bent blinds for approaching school presidents.

Seriously, whatever college were to get him, the fanfare, the recruiting draw would be massive. Romo would prove himself an excellent CEO and top offensive deviser = top CFB HC. A super-rich U-Texas could pay him. Then every year Romo beats Jimbo in recruiting and in game-score.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love Romo in the booth; plus he went to my undergrad Alma mater, Eastern Illinois, same as Jimmy Garapolo (sp?).
Is Eastern Illinois the new QBU? :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I enjoy his commentary, especially when we predicts the play before it happens. I like Collinsworth as well, but Romo is darn good.

Collinsworth is one of the best. My wife even made a comment one night that she liked him, and she tries not to pay too much attention. That’s when I hit her with: ‘he’s a Gator, of course’.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Romo has the knowledge, but his voice is terrible. You think you're listening to a woman at first.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Romo has the knowledge, but his voice is terrible. You think you're listening to a woman at first.

Not gonna lie...it's pretty annoying. He sounds like he's had his bell rung one too many times. His insight on the game is Gary Danielson like though.

I just hope he's ok long term.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Tom Brady has 5 SB rings on his way to six. SOS has one NC and he is blown here daily and understandably so but just about every FB announcer has blown Tom Brady more the once. Romo's stats with what he had around him to play with and his play callers was pretty damn amazing in my opinion. He never really had a consistent running game and when he did they got fked but a BS no catch rule against the darling Packers.

I watched him play all the playoff games. 8 TD and 2 int.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb