Question on Tax Reform.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Concrete Helmet, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    Wrong....regardless of the mortgage deduction(which isn't off the table btw) 80% of all working Americans greatest investment is their homestead real property......If interest rates stay stable there is NO WAY homeownership drops...It almost can't because of the historic low under Obummer....There literally aren't enough houses available in most markets today...I close over 200 purchase/refinances every month and the refi's keep taking up a larger percentage of that every month....there are not enough median income houses(150K-350k) in the market....The building will soon begin again, hopefully at a moderate pace.

2. bradgator2

bradgator2 1/29/17 half marathon - 1 hour, 34 min, 2 secs
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $420
    Ratings:
    +6,498 / -42
    Damn. I wish for me too.

3. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    Looks like you're trying to spread the icing out too.....:lol:

4. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $148
    Ratings:
    +6,697 / -9
    Yeah, it normally wouldn’t be a problem, but all four of these have a 30% up front payment upon award which means realized this year.

By the way, this isn’t a done deal yet.​

5. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +208 / -10
    I am not saying it will or won't I am saying whatever happens it will not be due to this tax bill.

6. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    The tax bill will absolutely have an impact on it because it will directly affect wages and should by all accounts support job growth. Too many people look at this reform and think "oh, the middle class are only getting a certain amount of money back or off their tax bill".....That's not what it's about....it's about recreating a middle class again....The interest deduction cut you spoke of is only for mortgages over $500K and is only a kick in the ass to the rich(at least the last I read it)....middle class(50-200k household income earners) have no business buying 500K & up houses unless they have 30-40% downstroke, and they will still receive the write off benefits.

7. Lake Gator

Lake Gator Money talks, Coaches walk.
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $38
    Ratings:
    +1,875 / -20
    Hopefully lowering the corporate rate won't be delayed a year as in the Senate version. Unintended consequence would be a 2018 slowdown or recession. Then Dems control Congress and enjoy economic resurgence in 2019.

8. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $181
    Ratings:
    +4,467 / -87
    Hopefully the House doesn't throw any other stupid ideas into the pot when they get their hands on it....We'll see next week I guess.