Raiders offer Gruden 10 Years for 100 Million

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I don’t get all the Gruden love... he took over a winning franchise in Tampa and after beating his previous team in the super bowl proceeded to drive the team into obscurity. Every year his record got worse. Furthermore, he never “developed “ a quarterback. He left Tampa in much worse shape than when he was hired. Their one SB is because of what Dungy built.
Dungy would've never won it all in Tampa and it showed. He kept bringing in guys like Les Steckel and Mike Shula to run his offense. Dungy couldn't win with Brad Johnson, Gruden did. They both had the benefit of Monte Kiffin as DC as well as a team loaded with defensive players.

If Dungy had Peyton Manning at Tampa at the time, I would see Dungy having a SB team.

Last edited:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Dungy would've never won it all in Tampa and it showed. He kept bringing in guys like Les Steckel and Mike Shula to run his offense. Dungy couldn't win with Brad Johnson, Gruden did. They both had the benefit of Monte Kiffin as DC as well as a team loaded with defensive players.

If Dungy had Peyton Manning at Tampa at the time, I would see Dingy having a SB team.
:dunno: Maybe, maybe not... Can you dispute anything else about Gruden's abhorrent record?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014

U0F0vK4.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Adam Schefter: "It's simple, Jon Gruden will be the next head coach of the Oakland Raiders."

Wonder if he's bringing Gannon back to run the West Coast.
As QB Coach

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if Gruden turn down a hundred million, half of the Cleveland Browns, and a few thousand truck stops to coach the Voles, why would he sign with Oakland? #grudemonium

Last edited:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why does everyone think he's worth this kind of money? He won with Dungy's guys and yes, he had an overall winning record but he's not a world-beater.

And he's been out of it for how long?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
10 years? Good luck with that. Gruden usually wears out his welcome after three.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t get all the Gruden love... he took over a winning franchise in Tampa and after beating his previous team in the super bowl proceeded to drive the team into obscurity. Every year his record got worse. Furthermore, he never “developed “ a quarterback. He left Tampa in much worse shape than when he was hired. Their one SB is because of what Dungy built.

This has always been my view but he does seem to be capable of putting together a team if given enough time. It will be interesting to see if he can win with no pressure. He really has nothing to lose with this contract

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Has Luke chastised the Raiders' ownership on twitter yet?

If the Raiders are stupid enough to give some ownership to hire Gruden, who I think would be a disaster, may they suffer moreso.

Yeah, he also made reference to Mark Davis’ goofy haircut...which I thought was a low blow. He can kiss his coaching aspirations goodbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.