Rainout? Rumor has it that UF vs LSU is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We benefit the most if this game is never played. If we can beat the rest of the east, and UT loses to Bama and aTm (not tough to imagine), then 6-1 UF wins the east over 6-2 UT despite the head to head result.

And if we go on a win streak and it looks like we could win the East, there is little incentive for us to play the game. Talk about backing in.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if it was already posted but I got an alert LSU offered their team plane and hotel at their expense for us to play in Baton Rouge.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't know if it was already posted but I got an alert LSU offered their team plane and hotel at their expense for us to play in Baton Rouge.
You need to fix sports book. I bet we win 9 games but that was based on playing 12

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And if we go on a win streak and it looks like we could win the East, there is little incentive for us to play the game. Talk about backing in.

Agreed. I'd still take it though, even if only to keep Jones and ut out.

And if we did by some chance win out, with wins at Ark, uga, etc., there's a valid argument that we could've beaten a Fournette-less lsu at home anyway, making the matter moot. I just think it's hilarious that with a big game of his own this weekend, and full control of the SECE race, Jones is thinking about us and all but planning on needing us to lose again. Definition of a loser.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gee, if only somebody could have foreseen this coming in time to move the game to Baton Rouge. But since that has never been done before I can understand.

I honestly don't know why we would want to go play in Baton Rouge... Then we have to return there again next year.... Tell LSU to go play in Tusky for THREE years in a row and see how desirable that is to them...No way in hell they willingly sign up to do that.

Screw that... A healthy Fournett against our 2nd string D-line...not a single starter on the DL available... IN BATON ROUGE! With our luck they'd probably move it to a NIGHT GAME...

Not to mention the team logistics and the fact that the team prepares differently all week for a home game vs. an away game. And LSU is riding high after their blowout victory against Mizzou and is double pumped now that they get an EXTRA HOME GAME.

Meanwhile our already beat up guys, are bummed, off their natural schedule, worried about their homes and their families, are hurriedly shuffled through an airport and into BATON ROUGE... NO THANKS...Sounds like a recipe for disaster...An already dicey game just got WAY more difficult. No thank you.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't know why we would want to go play in Baton Rouge... Then we have to return there again next year.... Tell LSU to go play in Tusky for THREE years in a row and see how desirable that is to them...No way in hell they willingly sign up to do that.

Screw that... A healthy Fournett against our 2nd string D-line...not a single starter on the DL available... IN BATON ROUGE! With our luck they'd probably move it to a NIGHT GAME...

Not to mention the team logistics and the fact that the team prepares differently all week for a home game vs. an away game. And LSU is riding high after their blowout victory against Mizzou and is double pumped now that they get an EXTRA HOME GAME.

Meanwhile our already beat up guys, are bummed, off their natural schedule, worried about their homes and their families, are hurriedly shuffled through an airport and into BATON ROUGE... NO THANKS...Sounds like a recipe for disaster...An already dicey game just got WAY more difficult. No thank you.
Spoken like a true champion.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure they did. They have every incentive in the world to make this game a "home game" for them... Meanwhile they get to look like good Samaritans. Bittcchh PLEEEEEEAASSEE....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There's a hurricane. Move he game to BR. Take it like men. Go play and kick their ass.

LSU has no reason to cancel one of their home games because we refused to move our game. It's our hurricane not theirs. Totally pathetic job by our administration.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's a hurricane. Move he game to BR. Take it like men. Go play and kick their ass.

LSU has no reason to cancel one of their home games because we refused to move our game. It's our hurricane not theirs. Totally pathetic job by our administration.

I am telling you with his ego he saw it as a way for Mac to avoid another loss since it wasn't going to be a home game then. He reads the stuff the fans were writing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I am telling you with his ego he saw it is way for Mac to avoid another loss since it wasn't going to be a home game then. He reads the stuff the fans were writing.

I lost what little respect I had for JF. We look like a bunch of vaginas. JF will hide behind the "SEC decision" but it's all on us. We refused to go to BR. Go play and beat them.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I lost what little respect I had for JF. We look like a bunch of vaginas. JF will hide behind the "SEC decision" but it's all on us. We refused to go to BR. Go play and beat them.

I agree since it appears there is no other way to make the game up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Exactly. It's a 1.5 hour flight.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Act of God. We should just say, "Thank you", and try to get healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.