Go to 2:50 Stones 1963

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Makes me want to sell my stuff.

I've heard Wes Montgomery many times before as I listen to a lot of jazz, but never saw him play. He's got a very interesting technique, picking with his thumb only - his fretwork is incredible.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I love this woman's voice for some reason... very honest I guess:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't know Dave Gonzalez, you should. Love him in every situation.
Early Paladins

Later Paladins

The Hacienda Brothers

Stone River Boys

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I've heard the Lumineers and their hit song, but didn't know much about them. Inspiring story about how it all got started.
From Wiki:
The Lumineers are an American folk rock band based in Denver, Colorado. The two founding members and songwriters of the Lumineers are Wesley Schultz (lead vocals, guitar) and Jeremiah Fraites (drums, percussion). Josh Fraites, the brother of Jeremiah and best friend of Schultz, died of a drug overdose in 2002. As a way to cope with their loss, Schultz and Fraites began writing and performing together in New Jersey in 2002. Cellist and vocalist Neyla Pekarek joined the band in 2010, after responding to a Craigslist advertisement.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard the Lumineers and their hit song, but didn't know much about them. Inspiring story about how it all got started.
From Wiki:
The Lumineers are an American folk rock band based in Denver, Colorado. The two founding members and songwriters of the Lumineers are Wesley Schultz (lead vocals, guitar) and Jeremiah Fraites (drums, percussion). Josh Fraites, the brother of Jeremiah and best friend of Schultz, died of a drug overdose in 2002. As a way to cope with their loss, Schultz and Fraites began writing and performing together in New Jersey in 2002. Cellist and vocalist Neyla Pekarek joined the band in 2010, after responding to a Craigslist advertisement.

Saw them live a couple years ago. We were on the floor probably 100 feet from the stage towards the back. Mid way through the concert these guys set up huge wooden cubes near us. The lumineers came out and played three songs in the middle of the crowd. It was pretty damn cool.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @GatorBart Never heard them but listened to a few others. Just wish the lead singer would articulate a little more, less chewing of his words. Comments in this one says the Banjo Player was just at someone's class as a substitute teacher.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks @GatorBart Never heard them but listened to a few others. Just wish the lead singer would articulate a little more, less chewing of his words. Comments in this one says the Banjo Player was just at someone's class as a substitute teacher.

I just found them today listening to music at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator