Random, Mostly talented, music videos Part II

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gord Downie, their lead singer, has a nasty brain tumor called a glioblastoma. He'll be dead soon. They put on a final tour this year knowing he's a dead man walking. I really wanted to find a date/venue that lined up with my schedule, but didnt. I believe is his final show:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

More Canada, from Saskatchewan. Saw in Nashville at The Basement.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gord Downie, their lead singer, has a nasty brain tumor called a glioblastoma. He'll be dead soon. They put on a final tour this year knowing he's a dead man walking. I really wanted to find a date/venue that lined up with my schedule, but didnt. I believe is his final show:

Saw The HIp in Gville back in 1996 at a little place downtown, can't remember the name of it. Buddy of mine who had gone to grad school in Montreal and came back to UF for post-doc work saw they were playing told me we 'had to go see them'. We did, they friggin' rocked, so I bought 'Trouble at the Hen House' that night, went home and immediately played it. Saw them one other time in Seattle around 2000 and was impressed with the contingent from Canada that came down for the show. The crowd sang the Canadian National Anthem before the show, a ritual at hip shows in the US. I have all of their albums and am really bummed about Gord.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw The HIp in Gville back in 1996 at a little place downtown, can't remember the name of it. Buddy of mine who had gone to grad school in Montreal and came back to UF for post-doc work saw they were playing told me we 'had to go see them'. We did, they friggin' rocked, so I bought 'Trouble at the Hen House' that night, went home and immediately played it. Saw them one other time in Seattle around 2000 and was impressed with the contingent from Canada that came down for the show. The crowd sang the Canadian National Anthem before the show, a ritual at hip shows in the US. I have all of their albums and am really bummed about Gord.

I stumbled on them back in high school around 1991 and they have been my #1 favorite band since. I remember seeing them in Gainesvlle too. Hell... it was probably that same show, because the timing is right and rarely did they come too far south of the Canadian border. I saw them 4 times in Philly and twice in Portland. Their performances were always great. Almost always all Canadians in the crowd. They loved coming to the states to watch them in small venues because they only performed in huge arenas up in Canada. It's amazing how they never became popular outside of Canada, because they are truly worshiped there.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I stumbled on them back in high school around 1991 and they have been my #1 favorite band since. I remember seeing them in Gainesvlle too. Hell... it was probably that same show, because the timing is right and rarely did they come too far south of the Canadian border. I saw them 4 times in Philly and twice in Portland. Their performances were always great. Almost always all Canadians in the crowd. They loved coming to the states to watch them in small venues because they only performed in huge arenas up in Canada. It's amazing how they never became popular outside of Canada, because they are truly worshiped there.
Road Apples and Fully Completely are my two favorite albums. I'm really attracted to the ballads, such as Fisher Green, Long Time Running, and Wheat Kings.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Road Apples and Fully Completely are my two favorite albums. I'm really attracted to the ballads, such as Fisher Green, Long Time Running, and Wheat Kings.

His ballads are great. A few more:

Bobcaygeon

Lake Fever:

He also has a rare song called Are We Family. You can find it in some of the live performances. But I cant a good single video of it.

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Concert in England with a huge list of acts in 1965. Go to the set list and click on 1:05:04 to listen to Eric Burdon. There's some good early stuff on this video, you can see some James Brown influences in both Burdon and Mick Jagger

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concert in England with a huge list of acts in 1965. Go to the set list and click on 1:05:04 to listen to Eric Burdon. There's some good early stuff on this video, you can see some James Brown influences in both Burdon and Mick Jagger

I'm getting ready to read the book titled '1965 - The Most Revolutionary Year in Music' that a buddy of mine leant me, so good timing!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember listening to this over and over when I was in high school a couple of years ago-Off the Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw LP by Paul Butterfield Blues BAnd - this was cut after Bloomfield left and features Elvin Bishop on guitar

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you like Hard Rock.
Great lead guitar and lead singer. Toured with Rush, Journey and Sammy Hagar. At first Monsters of Rock 1980 appeared with Rainbow, Scorpions and Judas Priest

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.