Random Post game thoughts

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
Grier played like he has a set. Made some mistakes but overcame them. Defense looked like weeble woobles most of the night.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The O line played Great. Such improvement. Grier played extremely well in the 4th Qtr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We won despite .........................

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The missed tackles made the game closer than it should have been. Plenty of other negatives to point out, but there were more positives. There had to be in order to overcome a game like this. Unbelievable. Most exciting game in this rivalry in over a decade. Love how Grier stepped up when needed most. The team never gave up when last year they probably would have under the former staff. I'm very glad McElwain is here.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I have NEVER... seen a Florida defense miss so many tackles in a game. All things considered though they played very tough and have room for improvement.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gulfstream;n286278 said:
I have NEVER... seen a Florida defense miss so many tackles in a game. All things considered though they played very tough and have room for improvement.

I'm tempted to watch it again and try to count them. Had to be north of 50.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The bUTtchuggers needed lots of trickeration, and some lucky breaks to boot (and I saw quite a bit of holding out there), just to put 27 on us.
Dobbs was their leading rusher, passer and receiver, in that order. Would have hated to have lost to a one man show.
Edit: Tennessee's Joshua Dobbs finished the loss at Florida with 83 Pass yds, 136 Rush yds, and 58 Rec yds.In the last 20 seasons, the only other player with 50 Pass yds, 100 Rush yds, and 50 Rec yds in a game was Indiana's Antwaan Randle El against Cincinnati in 1998.

The highlight of bUTch thinking they made the final FG was priceless. I almost had a heart attack.
Count yer lucky stars, Gator fans.
Wish I was there for that one.
:chomp:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
stephenPE;n286232 said:
This was a team win. UT had two big plays (trick plays) that gave them a huge advantage. The d was not that bad. Dobbs is a gamer and real athlete and so is the RB. Our punter had a HUGE game. We won the game on Griers 4th down plays. He sold me with all the clutch play. This game proves the magic or genius of Mac. You do not win in the SEC against the likes of UT with 3 fr. O lineman in the game.Just dont happen. Taylor got some HUGE first downs for us tonite. It was team win. I like the way this is going. Our young lineman will be GREAT in year three. You get some exp on the O line and a few linebackers and we are a top ten team all day. BTW Brandon Powell had a HUGE game and his block at the end on the TD was the reason we got it.

Powell in my opinion gets the play of the game. He didn't just throw a block, he launched himself at 3 vols. It was a great play.

Callaway is going to be special. The play call on that 4th down was great and the receivers ran great routes. Grier has got it, he just needs the reps to get more comfortable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great win. To some points earlier tackling has been horrendous all year. More interested in the "hit" than wrapping up. Keanu Neal said it best"

Asked @Keanu_Neal about #UF whiffing on tackles. "We either hit them really hard or we miss." Says the defense has to work on wrapping up.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n286304 said:
Great win. To some points earlier tackling has been horrendous all year. More interested in the "hit" than wrapping up. Keanu Neal said it best"

Asked @Keanu_Neal about #UF whiffing on tackles. "We either hit them really hard or we miss." Says the defense has to work on wrapping up.
Yep, we hit the living schist out of them, but tackled poorly.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n286279 said:
I'm tempted to watch it again and try to count them. Had to be north of 50.
I think we missed 50 tackles on one play against Tommy Frazier in 95.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n286313 said:
I think we missed 50 tackles on one play against Tommy Frazier in 95.

We don't talk about that game.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The missed tackles have been there all year. We are in position to have dominated every game, but they keep letting people escape.

DROB needs to look at Powell's hard work and unselfishness and get rid of the Randy "I take plays off" Moss out of his system. Griers pick was a poor throw, but Robinson just completely gave up once he got bumped.

Mac needs to clean up his game as well. Some very questionable time outs and play calls.

Our D Line is Nasty, but our linebackers are a liability. Makes for a very inconsistent front 7.

Grier had his coming out party today. Hopefully this momentum is what he needed to springboard his career. I don't think Harris could have led a comeback like that.

The OLine is young, but improving. I feel as if the pass blocking is coming along quicker than the run blocking or at least it works that way. However they still need to give him more time. That being said think how nasty they are going to be once they have taken their lumps and gain experience.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We were lucky to win, shoulda lost...

I'll just echo the defense concerns. Missed tackles. VH3 going for the strip instead of tackling on one big play...

But I am surprised there is not a dedicated thread on the goofy time-out call before the UT kick.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n286362 said:
But I am surprised there is not a dedicated thread on the goofy time-out call before the UT kick.

He covered it in his presser. Said he saw a 12th man run onto the field late so called time out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.